Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11 Sep 2013, 09:33

Media (need help)

Hi guys,

So I have this interesting problem. When a user views my media page on a handheld device in a website browser such as the iphone, samsung galaxy etc they cannot see the youtube video. This page works fine on a computer/laptop as seen here: http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/fo...tails&mid=1658

But if this page is viewed on a handheld device it looks like this:

Screenshot_2013-09-10-23-59-15.jpg

Hope you guys can help as the media page is vital on my site,
regards
Dan
Old 11 Sep 2013, 11:05

This could be down to YouTube and it's copyright, whereas it will allow video's to be played on PC's it may not allow them on mobile devices.

http://productforums.google.com/foru...be/iDAHijDfynE
Old 11 Sep 2013, 14:49

Originally Posted by Spangle View Post
This could be down to YouTube and it's copyright, whereas it will allow video's to be played on PC's it may not allow them on mobile devices.

http://productforums.google.com/foru...be/iDAHijDfynE
Good shout but i don't think this is the case as the videos can be played on mobile devices when the video has been embedded into a thread. There is something else going on just not enabling the video to be seen...
Old 12 Sep 2013, 02:51

You need to examine the response from the mobile phone, since the problem may differ upon different phones. At least it's a starting point.

Anything else we say here is just a guess without you including more data.
Old 12 Sep 2013, 22:22

Originally Posted by tbworld View Post
You need to examine the response from the mobile phone, since the problem may differ upon different phones. At least it's a starting point.

Anything else we say here is just a guess without you including more data.
Your right, the image/screen shot I have included in the thread is similar across most mobile devices. It is a strange one.