Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 31 Mar 2013, 02:08
1005467401 1005467401 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Post Just want to see your opinions

Dont you guys think it is unfair to pay for upgrading to vB5.

When people can get vB3+4+5 for same price?


-====

Like, when i upgrade to vB5 it was 190$.
i already paid 300$ for vB4 and now i paid 190$ for upgrade...

and New Licenses get vB4 + vB5 for 250$??? what? when i got my vb4 it was 300$....


Just wow...thats my own opinion.... no offence....


=
=
=
=
=

Post your Opinions people!
Bad comments can just stay in ur mind. thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 31 Mar 2013, 02:18
BlogTwits BlogTwits is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Agreed. $40 saving to upgrade? May as well just add a new licence if you really want vb5. The upgrade doesn't even save 20%. Lousy
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 31 Mar 2013, 08:59
doctorsexy's Avatar
doctorsexy doctorsexy is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Real name: Chris
Money well spent....it al be good when its all sorted out...and if you wanted upgrades to a car you would have to pay ...
__________________
http://sandstormradio.org
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 31 Mar 2013, 09:00
Digital Jedi's Avatar
Digital Jedi Digital Jedi is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Mark Daniel Martinez
Look at it this way. You have no idea how much something you're going to charge for something you haven't even conceived of yet. So can't really charge now, based on what you're going to charge then. And just because you charged a lot in the past, doesn't make it fair to charge even more now. Follow me?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 31 Mar 2013, 09:26
Christos Teriakis Christos Teriakis is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Real name: Christos
Paying to upgrade is the worst decision. Give $50 more (if I remember well this is the price difference) and get a totally new license. Then sell your vB4 license for $100 and you just earned $50.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01 Apr 2013, 06:14
1005467401 1005467401 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Originally Posted by ChrisTERiS View Post
Paying to upgrade is the worst decision. Give $50 more (if I remember well this is the price difference) and get a totally new license. Then sell your vB4 license for $100 and you just earned $50.
Yea im planning to do that in future, i would rather get a new license instead of upgrading...

--------------- Added 01 Apr 2013 at 06:17 ---------------

Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
Look at it this way. You have no idea how much something you're going to charge for something you haven't even conceived of yet. So can't really charge now, based on what you're going to charge then. And just because you charged a lot in the past, doesn't make it fair to charge even more now. Follow me?

vB Sells New Licenses for 285$ - that includes vb3,4 + 5

Upgrading vB 200$ - only includes vB 5............its really not fair to us the old clients thats been with vB for long time.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01 Apr 2013, 07:36
BlogTwits BlogTwits is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Originally Posted by ChrisTERiS View Post
Paying to upgrade is the worst decision. Give $50 more (if I remember well this is the price difference) and get a totally new license. Then sell your vB4 license for $100 and you just earned $50.
Exactly!

--------------- Added 01 Apr 2013 at 07:38 ---------------

Originally Posted by 1005467401 View Post




vB Sells New Licenses for 285$ - that includes vb3,4 + 5
Nope, $249 now. The "upgrade discount" really is a slap in the face for loyal customers.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01 Apr 2013, 07:58
Christos Teriakis Christos Teriakis is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Real name: Christos
Originally Posted by BlogTwits View Post
Nope, $249 now. The "upgrade discount" really is a slap in the face for loyal customers.
You're right. I just seen that the difference is not even $50 that I thought, but just $40. And something unfair at least for those of us (22% as they said) that we've bought vB4 Suite. We paid $299 and we need to pay $209 to get the same version with those who have paid $199 (the forum only version).
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01 Apr 2013, 10:12
sukagwe's Avatar
sukagwe sukagwe is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
I'm very regret because I've bought vb5c.
full of bugs.
lack of support.
I've owned vb5c but I'm unable to use it because it's full of bugs, slow.
I run a brand new site.
I don't want to get the negative impression from the users when they visit my site for the first time.
it's been seventh month since I bought vb5c.
it's like married with the woman that you can't sleep with her.
it's really sucks.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01 Apr 2013, 10:44
doctorsexy's Avatar
doctorsexy doctorsexy is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Real name: Chris
Originally Posted by sukagwe View Post
I'm very regret because I've bought vb5c.
full of bugs.
lack of support.
I've owned vb5c but I'm unable to use it because it's full of bugs, slow.
I run a brand new site.
I don't want to get the negative impression from the users when they visit my site for the first time.
it's been seventh month since I bought vb5c.
it's like married with the woman that you can't sleep with her.
it's really sucks.
Well seven months ago it was in beta so you should have known what you were buying..

youll get less support now beeing as you got yourself banned
__________________
http://sandstormradio.org

Last edited by doctorsexy; 01 Apr 2013 at 10:49.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01 Apr 2013, 10:50
Christos Teriakis Christos Teriakis is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Real name: Christos
Originally Posted by sukagwe View Post
it's like married with the woman that you can't sleep with her.
With the woman you're always free to divorce
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01 Apr 2013, 13:10
sukagwe's Avatar
sukagwe sukagwe is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Unhappy

Originally Posted by ChrisTERiS View Post
With the woman you're always free to divorce
aha, finally someone know how I feel

the problem is, I can't get my money back.....
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01 Apr 2013, 13:55
Brandon Sheley's Avatar
Brandon Sheley Brandon Sheley is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Real name: Brandon
Originally Posted by 1005467401 View Post
Dont you guys think it is unfair to pay for upgrading to vB5.
nope

also no one is forcing you to upgrade or stick with vBulletin as far as that goes
__________________

Love and support one another #vote2020
I offer Managed IT Services in Kansas
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01 Apr 2013, 17:36
CheeseMan316 CheeseMan316 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
We just bought vb5 last week and a friend of mine who bought the software found a coupon to get 10% off. So we got vb5 for $225 instead of $250. We were prepared to pay the $250 because it is worth it. We are using 5, kinda wish we would have gone with 4 but given the time spent working with 5 before we realized the issues that still existed caused us to bite the bullet and stick with 5. I am anxiously awaiting all future patches to continue to make 5 a great product.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04 Apr 2013, 03:51
1005467401 1005467401 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Originally Posted by BlogTwits View Post
Exactly!

--------------- Added 01 Apr 2013 at 07:38 ---------------



Nope, $249 now. The "upgrade discount" really is a slap in the face for loyal customers.
what? 249$? wow we spend 300$ for vb4...and new license owners gets the whole thing for 249$....

this is really a slap in the face i totally agree

--------------- Added 04 Apr 2013 at 03:55 ---------------

Originally Posted by Brandon Sheley View Post
nope

also no one is forcing you to upgrade or stick with vBulletin as far as that goes
Well Good to hear someone like you because you prob make money on vBulletin.org right? by making ur own plugins etc..
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 22:16.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: