Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09 Oct 2013, 16:12

Upgraded to 4.2.2 problem with stylevar

Hey, i upgraded my board to 4.2.2 but i am not able to edit variables in style var.

Also i get this error.

Warning: Declaration of vB_DataManager_StyleVarDefn::delete() should be compatible with that of vB_DataManager::delete() in ..../includes/class_dm_stylevar.php on line 233

Warning: Declaration of vB_DataManager_StyleVar::save() should be compatible with that of vB_DataManager::save() in ..../includes/functions_log_error.php on line 615

Fatal error: Call to undefined method vB_DataManager_StyleVarSize:) in
/includes/class_dm.php on line 495

Last edited by lsti; 09 Oct 2013 at 16:23.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 01:01

Read this ;

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...66#post4000466
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 01:23

The first two are warnings that flash up, but wont do any harm. Please log them in Jira though.

The fatal error is a mystery.
I cannot replicate that, and that class does exist - it is defined in class_dm_stylevar.php

Cable Forum
Please do not PM me about custom work - I no longer undertake any.
Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Old 26 Oct 2013, 08:44

Hi there,

I have the same 2 warning and realized my download (exported) style even default style the <stylevar> </stylevar> is completely empty.

am i the only facing this?
Old 08 Dec 2013, 05:02

Originally Posted by sp1der View Post
Hi there,

I have the same 2 warning and realized my download (exported) style even default style the <stylevar> </stylevar> is completely empty.

am i the only facing this?
Yes I have to exact same issue, did you find a fix?
Old 17 Dec 2013, 06:06

Add define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS', true); to your config.php file
Old 21 Dec 2013, 23:52

I got the same problem, so If I skip these errors, and after changing my settings will follow?

because on my case even if I change my doc_width and doc_margin to my set up these errors will flash and no effect at all on my desired width

thanks
Old 08 Jan 2014, 23:04

This cured my issue as well. Thank you all very much.
Old 08 Jan 2014, 23:06

Glad you got it sorted.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 01 Sep 2014, 17:19

I just upgraded a clients site to vb 4 and we're upgrading the vb3 style with vbulletin's built in upgrade tool. I went to go change out the logo and I get the Declaration errors mentioned a year ago in the OP... The advice is to hide PHP errors?

It seems it would be better for the company to fix the problem, not hide it..

actually it seems when I edit any stylevar.. well this will be an annoying job.. I'm sure the client will be asking me what the hell is wrong with vb4 when they see them too.. Thanks vBulletin

Email me for website help: brandon[at]sheley[dot]org
Old 01 Sep 2014, 19:28

Those are not errors, but warnings. They have always been suppressed it was just recently with PHP newer versions, they started showing again.
Old 03 Sep 2014, 02:06

Originally Posted by Brandon Sheley View Post
I just upgraded a clients site to vb 4 and we're upgrading the vb3 style with vbulletin's built in upgrade tool. I went to go change out the logo and I get the Declaration errors mentioned a year ago in the OP... The advice is to hide PHP errors?

It seems it would be better for the company to fix the problem, not hide it..

actually it seems when I edit any stylevar.. well this will be an annoying job.. I'm sure the client will be asking me what the hell is wrong with vb4 when they see them too.. Thanks vBulletin
Regardless of your predictable rant, if you want to fix it, use the advice given.
You should however use SKIP_DS_ERRORS rather than SKIP_ALL_ERRORS, that restores the warning reporting to the same as used by vb2, vb3 and vb4 versions other than 4.2.2.

Cable Forum
Please do not PM me about custom work - I no longer undertake any.
Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Old 04 Sep 2014, 11:27

I have to throw my two cents in here:

I run my own software business and have over 30 years experience developing software. I develop systems for telecoms, railroads and manufacturers and I can tell you that if I started suppressing errors instead of addressing and correcting them I would be out of business tomorrow.

Suppressing errors (hiding, covering up problems) is about the worst thing you can do as a developer. If customers find out you're doing that then they will never trust you again. This type of approach shows a complete lack of desire or ability to fix the underlying problems.

Would you want your plumber or auto mechanic to hide problems from you? Of courses not.

Ask yourself this: When you were first thinking about purchasing vBulletin and you found out that error messages were being suppressed would you still be willing to purchase it?
Old 04 Sep 2014, 12:26

Ask yourself this: When you were first thinking about purchasing vBulletin and you found out that error messages were being suppressed would you still be willing to purchase it?
The answer to that is, no.....
Old 04 Sep 2014, 12:29

Well then there is not much web based software you would purchase then, as it has been a common practice for ever. If it was so bad, then the blame should fall on the people who created PHP, as they made it so the warnings could be suppressed.
Closed Thread