Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 24 Oct 2013, 04:52
SPEEDKILLZ SPEEDKILLZ is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Real name: Chris
Host is knownsrv. and even with the plugins my last site had same plugins+ more and was way faster?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 24 Oct 2013, 04:56
Max Taxable's Avatar
Max Taxable Max Taxable is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLZ View Post
Host is knownsrv. and even with the plugins my last site had same plugins+ more and was way faster?
You just have to study the waterfall charts, run several tests with different locations, connections and browsers to really start getting a full picture and see what is consistently holding your pageloads up. It's not a one night deal, it took me a couple of weeks to get mine consistently loading in less than 2 seconds (full load) on any test you want to run.

Here's what I'm getting right now, the Firefox cable connection in Dulles:
First byte: 0.612s

Fully loaded: 1.679s 42 Requests 184 KB Bytes in.
And I am highly customized and have alot of plugins/add-ons.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 24 Oct 2013, 05:05
SPEEDKILLZ SPEEDKILLZ is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Real name: Chris
hmmm, so i need to contact host?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 24 Oct 2013, 05:09
Max Taxable's Avatar
Max Taxable Max Taxable is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLZ View Post
hmmm, so i need to contact host?
The first byte time is less than a second of your pageload time. That's minor.

You have to determine which if any of your add-ons or plugins is loading slow. You also have some 3rd party scripts that are giving you 404 errors. These are the big items that are slowing you down.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 24 Oct 2013, 05:20
SPEEDKILLZ SPEEDKILLZ is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Real name: Chris
Its showing 3 seconds when i do it
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 24 Oct 2013, 05:29
final kaoss final kaoss is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Like I said, I agree that webpage test is good but there's nothing wrong with gtmetrix either. Also, sure there are other "test sites" as you called them but I don't refer to them either. Gtmetrix & webpage test are the only two that I normally refer people to when they have issues. One of the main reasons I refer gtmetrix is because it helps quite a bit with troubleshooting, if not for that site and it's constant measurements, I wouldn't see pagespeed scores nearly as high as they are now on my sites, such as these scores:
http://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.odys...e.com/A6Hzpz3M
http://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.vide...t.com/dr6Q02hf

Also with gtmetrix you have the choice between firefox & google chrome, with different locations & speeds to pick from, just like with webpagetest.

Originally Posted by Max Taxable View Post
WebPageTest's pedigree is, it is owned and maintained by Google's Tech President, Patrick Meehan. So it's the only one I use - if you test good there you test good anywhere. You have no idea what browser or connection you're testing on with other "test" sites, with Meehan not only do you know, you can test dozens of combinations in browsers, locations, connection speeds, and even mobile testing.

The waterfall chart I posted earlier clearly shows a few of his plugins are really killing his load times. http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...66&postcount=6

Last edited by final kaoss; 24 Oct 2013 at 05:43.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 24 Oct 2013, 17:42
Max Taxable's Avatar
Max Taxable Max Taxable is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Originally Posted by final kaoss View Post
Like I said, I agree that webpage test is good but there's nothing wrong with gtmetrix either. Also, sure there are other "test sites" as you called them but I don't refer to them either. Gtmetrix & webpage test are the only two that I normally refer people to when they have issues. One of the main reasons I refer gtmetrix is because it helps quite a bit with troubleshooting, if not for that site and it's constant measurements, I wouldn't see pagespeed scores nearly as high as they are now on my sites, such as these scores:
http://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.odys...e.com/A6Hzpz3M
http://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.vide...t.com/dr6Q02hf

Also with gtmetrix you have the choice between firefox & google chrome, with different locations & speeds to pick from, just like with webpagetest.
I just try to keep it as simple as possible, when helping someone who is admittedly a novice on web page speed optimization.

"You pick the one, right tool."

I call a test site suspect if it's giving me all rainbows and sugar plums, while at the same time meehan is showing what's actually wrong. Plus, it's just going to confuse the novice.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 24 Oct 2013, 20:48
SPEEDKILLZ SPEEDKILLZ is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Real name: Chris
Thank you everyone for your time and help. With the help of a great guy and a little explaining to me (host times were terrible) I was able to get my site over to a different host and could not be happier. Prob the quickest any of my sites have ever been. My server was located in the Netherlands which for some unknown reason i should of figured out it would be better here, or closer to home.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 24 Oct 2013, 21:09
Max Taxable's Avatar
Max Taxable Max Taxable is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLZ View Post
Thank you everyone for your time and help. With the help of a great guy and a little explaining to me (host times were terrible) I was able to get my site over to a different host and could not be happier. Prob the quickest any of my sites have ever been. My server was located in the Netherlands which for some unknown reason i should of figured out it would be better here, or closer to home.
Not any significant improvement in first byte time. Has the change completely propagated yet?

http://www.webpagetest.org/result/13...Z41/1/details/

Still getting 403 errors on three of your 3rd party adverts as well.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 24 Oct 2013, 21:30
SPEEDKILLZ SPEEDKILLZ is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Real name: Chris
Originally Posted by Max Taxable View Post
Not any significant improvement in first byte time. Has the change completely propagated yet?

http://www.webpagetest.org/result/13...Z41/1/details/

Still getting 403 errors on three of your 3rd party adverts as well.
its been about 12 hours. Look at the overall improvement not just the first byte, and i have not changed anything other than host.. Site is loading many times faster with no lag.

403 error is coming from adsence. A spam bot posted movie downloads on my site. Should be taken care of soon.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 25 Oct 2013, 00:21
Max Taxable's Avatar
Max Taxable Max Taxable is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Yes it can take 24-48 hours for such changes to fully propagate through the whole internet.

I am glad you're happy now and was glad to help.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 25 Oct 2013, 00:57
SPEEDKILLZ SPEEDKILLZ is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Real name: Chris
Originally Posted by Max Taxable View Post
Yes it can take 24-48 hours for such changes to fully propagate through the whole internet.

I am glad you're happy now and was glad to help.

I Sure Appreciate Your Help.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 25 Oct 2013, 00:58
Max Taxable's Avatar
Max Taxable Max Taxable is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLZ View Post
I Sure Appreciate Your Help.
There's still work to do if you want really good speed, like GZip and some other stuff. Just tested you again and really seeing no difference from last night.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Miscellaneous Hacks Mcafee Site advisor & Norton Safe web valid proof of your web site.[simple html] elenh vBulletin 3.8 Template Modifications 22 11 Feb 2013 22:55
New Posting Features Postbit Enhancements: Icons - Gender / Site Supporter / Site Profiles davidw vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 30 19 Jan 2011 23:50



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 13:02.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: