Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11 Nov 2013, 11:30

vb4 newsletter mod

hi i`m looking for a newsletter mod for vb4 that really works, i did have a newsletter mod on another vb4 site earlier this year that worked great it send out newsletters with latest threads ,important threads, new members ect , but since i changed from vb4 on that site. but now use vb4 on my new site and i cant remember where i got the newsletter mod, so has any1 got a link to a mod that works that does the same as i`ve mentioned?

i`ve tried the 1 from pro b = dont work
Old 11 Nov 2013, 14:53

I have one that I took over and am just waiting for the ok to release it, but I don't know when that will be, hopefully soon.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 11 Nov 2013, 16:51

Originally Posted by ozzy47 View Post
I have one that I took over and am just waiting for the ok to release it, but I don't know when that will be, hopefully soon.
great could you let me know when you release it please . Also i'd be willing to test it on a live board for you before release
Old 12 Feb 2014, 10:54

hello,

its been 4 months since this thread was started, @ozzy47, were you able to get the ok and release it?

I am looking for the same thing to, and I dont see any confirmation that something has happened yet.
Old 12 Feb 2014, 11:24

I have not had the time to go over the mod and release it yet.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 12 Feb 2014, 14:16

I have not had the time to go over the mod and release it yet.
ok we will wait for this mod hope soon you will done it for release
Old 12 Feb 2014, 18:38

Ozzy, is it Christerous's old mod? He actually gave me a copy a long time ago and I still use it though it is a bit buggy.

If this is the one and you want some help working the bugs out let me know. I have been using it a long time.

--------------- Added 12 Feb 2014 at 13:41 ---------------

Originally Posted by craigvm View Post
hi i`m looking for a newsletter mod for vb4 that really works, i did have a newsletter mod on another vb4 site earlier this year that worked great it send out newsletters with latest threads ,important threads, new members ect , but since i changed from vb4 on that site. but now use vb4 on my new site and i cant remember where i got the newsletter mod, so has any1 got a link to a mod that works that does the same as i`ve mentioned?

i`ve tried the 1 from pro b = dont work

While you wait for Ozzy a good way to easily send out newsletters to your members is to install a mod here that allows your email sent directly from your site to be html. You can make a simple html page using html or Dreamweaver, etc and then just paste the html into the email in the users section in the admincp, pick the usergroups you want to send to and bam.

I still do this a couple times a month even though I have the other script. It is pretty quick and easy.

I will try to find the html mod and post the link.

# - Here ya go
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...ght=html+email

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Last edited by RichieBoy67; 12 Feb 2014 at 22:26.
Old 12 Feb 2014, 22:16

Yes it is Christos' mod.
Old 12 Feb 2014, 22:28

Christos, That's right. lol

Cool, shoot me an email when you have time and I will explain some of the bugs it has and some of the ones I have fixed. It is a great mod though and definitely has potential.

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Old 16 Feb 2014, 16:54

Hey Ozzy - I've been looking for a good newsletter mod for awhile now. I used a 'pro' version of one on my old 3.8 board, but it was so buggy, I'm not willing to pay for his vb 4 version. You are a saint for all the great mod work you do here. Any idea when you might have this mod ready for use? I would be glad to pay you to get it tweaked/perfected. PM me if interested.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 17:32

sir chris waiting for your great response
plz do it evry eye on you
Old 17 Feb 2014, 17:27

+1. Still waiting for a GOOD newsletter mod also. I would love to see you fix Chris'.
Old 06 Mar 2014, 13:07

Yes it is Christos' mod.
Donīt wanna sound impatient, Ozzy - but any ETA (days, weeks, months) on that?
Sounds very promising and actual could come in veerrry handy
Old 06 Mar 2014, 13:09

Sorry nothing yet, been a busy season at work, due to all the bad weather.
Old 06 Mar 2014, 13:33

Thumbs up

Just remember: there is no "bad weather", Chris - only improper clothing
Thanks for the update