Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14 Jun 2016, 00:45

Post in thread when user changes name?

Looking for pretty much this plugin:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...e+notification

but for when a users name is changed. My forum sees peoples names changed regularly and would be ideal if could have "oldname changed to newname" - feel like i've seen this really recently posted on/in here but can't track it down

any help would be great!
Old 14 Jun 2016, 04:36

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...st+name+change

Still works in 3.8.9
Exclusive arcade addons, edits and skins were made by stangger5 owner of Next Level Arcade
Old 16 Jun 2016, 15:40

Thank you blind-eddie but this is not what I mean. I'm not looking for a feature where users can request a name change, more so when there name has been changed it creates a post within a thread notifying of a changed name.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 17:07

Are you using a product that allows users to change their own username, or are you looking for a product that creates a post when an admin has changed a user's name?

If it's the former, then you will need to request this as an added feature in that product's thread, but if it's the latter I can put something together for you.

Support for my products (as well as updates/new product publishing) has been moved to MHB - vBulletin Products and TAZ - Add-ons
Old 16 Jun 2016, 21:03

I went ahead and put together a simple product, which I have attached, and which works in vB 3.8.9 and vB 4.2.x.

There are settings for:
  • Enabling/Disabling Product (you must initially enable the product)
  • Selecting Destination Forum For Changelog Thread (If none is chosen, then the forum used for reported posts will be used)
  • Thread Title
  • Report Format

The first time a username is changed, a new thread is created, and then after that new posts are added to this thread for each username change.

Please let me know of any issues and/or if you want any additional features.
Attached Files
File Type: xml product-markflnamechangealert.xml (8.0 KB, 8 views)

Support for my products (as well as updates/new product publishing) has been moved to MHB - vBulletin Products and TAZ - Add-ons
Old 19 Jun 2016, 17:21

Mark, thank you so much this is exactly what i'm after. Is it possible to make a post in one thread rather than keep making different threads for every user? If not, i appreciate all your help nonetheless.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 17:28

Originally Posted by greigeh View Post
Mark, thank you so much this is exactly what i'm after. Is it possible to make a post in one thread rather than keep making different threads for every user? If not, i appreciate all your help nonetheless.
That's what it does already.

Old 19 Jun 2016, 18:56

Originally Posted by MarkFL View Post
That's what it does already.
when changing username i get error below

Database error in vBulletin 3.8.9 Beta 3:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT thread.*
FROM live_thread AS thread
WHERE title = 'Username Changes'
AND forumid =;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 4
Error Number : 1064
Request Date : Sunday, June 19th 2016 @ 05:58:58 PM
Error Date : Sunday, June 19th 2016 @ 05:58:58 PM
Script : -----/user.php?do=update
Referrer : ----/user.php?do=edit&u=41268
IP Address : 86.153.64.162
Username : Unregistered
Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi
MySQL Version : 10.0.25-MariaDB

Last edited by greigeh; 19 Jun 2016 at 19:04.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 19:20

Did you set a destination forum? If not, do you have a forum selected for reported posts?

Old 21 Jun 2016, 15:12

Did you set a destination forum? If not, do you have a forum selected for reported posts?
i did select a forum that all users can access, and yeah i do have one for reported posts so not sure why it is erroring.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 18:59

i did select a forum that all users can access, and yeah i do have one for reported posts so not sure why it is erroring.
I would be glad to come to your site to troubleshoot...if you agree, set up a temporary admin account and PM the login credentials to me and I will take a look and see if I can resolve the issue.

Old 22 Jun 2016, 20:35

I would be glad to come to your site to troubleshoot...if you agree, set up a temporary admin account and PM the login credentials to me and I will take a look and see if I can resolve the issue.
Unfortunately i'm not able to allow this. Thanks for all your help nevertheless it's very much appreciated.
Old 22 Jun 2016, 20:55

Unfortunately i'm not able to allow this. Thanks for all your help nevertheless it's very much appreciated.
Okay...I will be glad to try to get to the bottom of this by relaying information to you by PM, then you take the steps I give, and report back the results. It is likely something easy to fix, I just need to figure out why the destination forumid is blank.

Old 23 Jun 2016, 16:38

Okay...I will be glad to try to get to the bottom of this by relaying information to you by PM, then you take the steps I give, and report back the results. It is likely something easy to fix, I just need to figure out why the destination forumid is blank.
Perfect. thank you!
Old 24 Jun 2016, 00:16

I went ahead and put together a simple product, which I have attached, and which works in vB 3.8.9 and vB 4.2.x.

There are settings for:
  • Enabling/Disabling Product (you must initially enable the product)
  • Selecting Destination Forum For Changelog Thread (If none is chosen, then the forum used for reported posts will be used)
  • Thread Title
  • Report Format

The first time a username is changed, a new thread is created, and then after that new posts are added to this thread for each username change.

Please let me know of any issues and/or if you want any additional features.

Hey Mark, this addon is like your 4.2.2 addon?
Exclusive arcade addons, edits and skins were made by stangger5 owner of Next Level Arcade