Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08 Oct 2007, 12:28

Angry Do the new JelSoft owners even care about piracy?!

Hey,

I reported about 3 months ago a vbulletin forum that is using a nulled version, i know this as i was in contact with the site owner and he did not purchase this. I reported it again last month, his forum is still up! I have seen the scripts and it is a nullified version by a group called "vbteam" and he doesnt even have paypal or credit card etc to pay for the license.

If JelSoft is such a pushover, now its under new ownership, why dont we all just not renew our licenses and use nulled? My reports have clearly been ignored, for three months now! It is not at all fair that i am paying large amounts of pocket money for a forum that he gets for free!

Jay
Old 08 Oct 2007, 12:37

well i reported two boards and they got shut down 2days after... maybe you gotta resubmit it
Old 08 Oct 2007, 14:23

I thought it was the same team actually running vBulletin, they just have new bosses, no?
Old 08 Oct 2007, 14:40

Yeah but since the new bosses, they been slack on piracy.

I did submit the site again, i submitted it twice!
Old 08 Oct 2007, 15:09

Please, Luky, for the sake of you, me, and others like us who actually PAY, keep trying! Never stop the fight against piracy!!
Old 08 Oct 2007, 15:22

From what I know, vB contacts first the forum owner, then the host company. If both don't care about this, I am asking to authorities, what vB can else do?
Old 08 Oct 2007, 16:33
nexialys

the problem Luky, is that you can't play the cops all the time... just forget about that site and focus on administrating your own website...

reporting piracy is one thing... focussing on it is wrong...
Old 08 Oct 2007, 21:50

Originally Posted by WhaLberg View Post
From what I know, vB contacts first the forum owner, then the host company. If both don't care about this, I am asking to authorities, what vB can else do?
Threaten to take legal action?

Nex, if piracy was my only focus or even my main focus, the website would of been down 2 months ago.
Old 08 Oct 2007, 23:44

I've always understood that Jelsoft themselves really don't do anything with the offending boards, rather the company they hired (Pirate Reports) dealt with the day-to-day piracy reports.

Please feel free to re-use any of the code in any of my projects submitted to vB.org, so long as original attribution is retained.
Old 08 Oct 2007, 23:46

That particular site you refer to, Luky, is hosted in Malaysia...they ignore the DMCA in that country for some reason...same with Russian hosts.
Old 09 Oct 2007, 01:44

Yea, Jelsoft can not do anything if a site is hosted offshore, as U.S. rules do not apply to these countries, so it is outside of Jelsoft's "jurisdiction" if you will.
Old 09 Oct 2007, 07:54

Originally Posted by smacklan View Post
That particular site you refer to, Luky, is hosted in Malaysia...they ignore the DMCA in that country for some reason...same with Russian hosts.
I never told you which site is offending. They are hosted in america. Donot tell me that americans donot have laws about piracy.
Old 09 Oct 2007, 10:07

Originally Posted by smacklan View Post
Originally Posted by Bill-Kill View Post
Yea, Jelsoft can not do anything if a site is hosted offshore, as U.S. rules do not apply to these countries, so it is outside of Jelsoft's "jurisdiction" if you will.
I do believe Jelsoft and Pirate Reports are UK-based. Therefore they would be acting on UK copyright laws and not US copyrights laws (DCMA).

View My Modifications
29 Releases and Counting... Latest Modification: dmActivityStream - vBookie Integration (4.x)

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Old 09 Oct 2007, 13:45

Originally Posted by Luky View Post
I never told you which site is offending. They are hosted in america. Donot tell me that americans donot have laws about piracy.
You said vbteam and I am very familiar with a vbteam named site that is hosted in Malaysia now...they weren't always.
Old 09 Oct 2007, 14:30

im not a codder but i was under the impression that they null or do somthing to these programs to make them work and when they do this it opens huge security holes. i think these guys that run pirated software rarly last anyways.

however i read a post here yesterday right next to this one where a member was asking for help to fix his copyright font because vb contacted him w/ a warning because it wasnt visable. so i think they care.
Closed Thread