Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 15 Nov 2007, 15:06

why does MicroHellas mod's all seem to get dumped into the graveyard?

MicroHellas just released today a mod called mysocialspace. some of us were working on the mod on our sites and about 5 minutes ago it got removed to the graveyard.

so i checkedout the coders other mods and all of her mods except the journal have been dumped into the graveyard for having security vulns' in each mod.

what is all this about? what are the vulns we should know about if we installed her mod or any coders mod and its labeled a risk? why does MicroHellas mods keep getting trashed??

just courious. thanks.
Old 15 Nov 2007, 15:13

I believe she had asked them to be put there.
Old 15 Nov 2007, 15:26

Originally Posted by GoTTi View Post
MicroHellas just released today a mod called mysocialspace. some of us were working on the mod on our sites and about 5 minutes ago it got removed to the graveyard.

so i checkedout the coders other mods and all of her mods except the journal have been dumped into the graveyard for having security vulns' in each mod.

what is all this about? what are the vulns we should know about if we installed her mod or any coders mod and its labeled a risk? why does MicroHellas mods keep getting trashed??

just courious. thanks.
mods are usually moved there due to security flaws, until the developer chooses to fix them, and then they are removed from the graveyard. If you are using mods that are currently in the graveyard then proceed with caution.
Old 15 Nov 2007, 15:33
nexialys

you did not ask her first?!

she have her own official commercial website, so you can go there for support!...
Old 15 Nov 2007, 15:51

I believe that mysocialspace has been quarantined due to security issues in the code.

Cable Forum
Please do not PM me about custom work - I no longer undertake any.
Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Old 15 Nov 2007, 15:54

Originally Posted by GoTTi View Post
what are the vulns we should know about if we installed her mod or any coders mod and its labeled a risk?
vb.org does not release the details of the flaws, in order to protect the people who have installed the mods from hackers.
Old 15 Nov 2007, 16:07

Originally Posted by yoyoyoyo View Post
mods are usually moved there due to security flaws, until the developer chooses to fix them, and then they are removed from the graveyard. If you are using mods that are currently in the graveyard then proceed with caution.
not all the time. I recently requested that they delete/send one my mod in the graveyard. Nothing was wrong with it, except that I am puting out one which is 100 times better and query free.
Old 15 Nov 2007, 16:20

Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
not all the time. I recently requested that they delete/send one my mod in the graveyard. Nothing was wrong with it, except that I am puting out one which is 100 times better and query free.
Yep, I know, I said "usually" Obviously, this is not the case 100% of the time, but according to paul, the mod in question was moved to the graveyard due to security holes. I wonder if the same is true with vBJournal?
Old 15 Nov 2007, 17:23

Originally Posted by yoyoyoyo View Post
I wonder if the same is true with vBJournal?

Yes it is.

Cable Forum
Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Old 16 Nov 2007, 05:46

Those that had the modification marked as installed will have received an email with the reason it was placed in the graveyard. For others this should be of no concern.
Old 16 Nov 2007, 14:03

Thats a shame that looked like a great mod and was ready to download it.... She does make good mods and never had any problems with them.
Old 16 Nov 2007, 20:45

well apparently mary has posted what has been going on about this mod, view here: http://www.++++++++++.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3222

it doesn't make sense that first Calorie says there is a security risk, when it narrows down to a Error Page being displayed....i dont get it....

this mod should have never been taken off the mod pages. there is no security risk in it. we need more mods and addons for 3.6x, and coders liek Mary shouldn't be shut down because of mistakes by the staff here, first claiming it is a security risk, then next claiming its only a error page issue...

if thats the case, bring the mod back and please, next time, control your left clicks.
Old 16 Nov 2007, 20:56

Making posts when you have no idea of the facts is not a very clever thing to do.

There are several security risks in the code, no mistake has been made by the staff, only by you.

Cable Forum
Old 16 Nov 2007, 21:27

Taken from her site:

But just for the history, he has also a similar commercial module.
So please someone, besides photoplog, what is calorie website? He is an excellent coder and if he has commercial mods, I want to look at them.
Old 16 Nov 2007, 21:36

i think she's talking about princeton and his blog