Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Use same vB on different Domains (cookies) Details »
Use same vB on different Domains (cookies)
Developer Last Online: Oct 2007 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.0.3 Rating: (0 vote - 0 average) Installs: 4
Released: 02 Oct 2004 Last Update: Never Downloads: 0
Not Supported Is in Beta Stage  

I haven't tested it in all circumstances but in only the way i needed. This may not be the best method but I think its the only one that works as of right now.

Tested Domain Situations:
-------------------------------
1site.com
2site.com ( which the real url is 1site.com/2site/ )
-------------------------------

Open Functions.php and find

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

before each setcookie function ( should be 3 within about 25 lines or so ) add

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

this should write the cookies for each domain you set it for and allow people to view each one and not have to log in. Please give me feed back on this for i would love to see my first vb hack work

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Miscellaneous Hacks CES Cookie Cutter - Share Cookies Between Domains thincom2000 vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 117 05 Aug 2015 07:50

Old 25 Oct 2004, 18:00

Originally Posted by noox
I've found another solution which should work in some situations:
Use the IP as cookie domain. This will only work if all domains you want to have access are using the same IP. This is the case if you have additional domains pointing to the same webhosting account.

Attention: Do not use this if foreign websites also use the same IP. (As on most shared hosts.) This would introduce a big security hole!
More info?
Old 27 Oct 2004, 21:14

Originally Posted by Velocd
From vBulletin.com:

I'm uncertain, but your suggested use of this hack may violate that rule (in bold).
I have hundreds of domain names, I park them on my forums.

Just because you can get to it by two or three hundred different domain names doesnt mean that its a different forum.

Otherwise I would be one broke mofo

(I also 301 - doesnt stop search engines from listing them more than once, or get them to pull listings anytime soon after I make a change and forget to 301 right away - I only 301 certain forum pages, since I use things like global.html (.php) in hundreds of different places on many different domain names that I do not want 301ed to the wrong place)
Old 27 Oct 2004, 21:16

Originally Posted by noox
I've found another solution which should work in some situations:
Use the IP as cookie domain. This will only work if all domains you want to have access are using the same IP. This is the case if you have additional domains pointing to the same webhosting account.

Attention: Do not use this if foreign websites also use the same IP. (As on most shared hosts.) This would introduce a big security hole!
I think I love you.
Old 28 Oct 2004, 00:21

I'm gonna watch this as I have trouble with cookies on my forums since I went to dual domain names.

My Sites: peterska2.co.uk Super Clickers World News Zone English Football League Popular Usenet Groups
Do NOT PM or email me for Support or Modification Requests - No Exceptions!!
I do NOT do custom requests. Do not ask for them. - No Exceptions!!
Old 10 Nov 2004, 22:55

Let me get this right, im dislexic so its got me a bit confused
I have 1 site that i want to have just a normal https for my visitors and i want to add a https connection
Does this mean i can http://www.ukcultivator.biz and https//:www.ukcultivator.net and run them to the same site
Will this still mean i can have both http and https connections on the same forum

Thanks in advance
Old 19 Nov 2004, 00:02

I really need this hack, but I'd like to know if this is the right way for me to do it. I have three big websites, let's call them xboxwebsite.com, xbox2website.com, gamecubewebsite.com; all websites share the same forum at forums.networkwebsite.com.

Now, in my sites I'd like to ask users to login using vbulletin to be greeted, see their forums stats, and let them add comments to news items; comments are displayed next to the news items and in the main forum.

How can I setup a unique cookie for all the network?
Old 06 Dec 2004, 08:14

I was woundering is this cold help me with my issues, I have a web ( domain1 ) which is used to sale products. This account is setup on a shared server. I then have VB installed ( domain1/xxx/xxx/forms/ ) I have setup a fake ip ( domain2 ) that points to ( domain2/xxx/xxx/forums/ ), The issues I have is all internal link refer to the ( domain2/xxx/xxx/forums/ ) location. When I want them to point to ( domain2/xxx/xxx/forums/ ). Also based on the domain used the user always have to relogin. Is there another solution form this... or should I just setup another shared hosting account for VB?
Old 25 Mar 2008, 23:56

Anyone got a solution for having multiple domains and only having to login once?
Old 06 Oct 2008, 19:35

Example of how and why this hack is needed (for me)

I have 2 sites... one has adult content.. one does not.

I want users to be able to register and or sign in on either site with their existing user name.

Must still allow new unique name registrations on both sites.

Must block similar name registrations on both sites.

Reason for the hack... say "mike" registers at the non adult site... and then on the adult site another "mike" registers.. but its not the same mike... i do not want people getting confused as to who is who. Mike on the adult site might uploads pics that Mike on the non adult site would never upload.... so i want to make sure that is there is a similar name.. it IS the same person.

Does any of that make sense?
Old 10 Oct 2008, 17:03

Can anyone direct me to the best mod or coder who can help me with this ?

Originally Posted by CLUB AMPLE View Post
I have 2 sites... one has adult content.. one does not.

I want users to be able to register and or sign in on either site with their existing user name.

Must still allow new unique name registrations on both sites.

Must block similar name registrations on both sites.

Reason for the hack... say "mike" registers at the non adult site... and then on the adult site another "mike" registers.. but its not the same mike... i do not want people getting confused as to who is who. Mike on the adult site might uploads pics that Mike on the non adult site would never upload.... so i want to make sure that is there is a similar name.. it IS the same person.

Does any of that make sense?