Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14 Oct 2014, 12:32

Kinda hard to say without 1, seeing your code, 2, knowing what it is you are trying to do and 3, knowing what the expected end result is desired.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 14 Oct 2014, 12:40

Sorry, I was in the middle of making it work. I got it in the end. I am looking for your help ozzy, I will PM you my question.

--------------- Added 14 Oct 2014 at 16:40 ---------------

Looking for a way to show all available forums so I can make my mod work on only chosen forums. Any tutorial about how to achieve this?
Old 31 Oct 2014, 09:56

Is there a way to remove a chunk of code from a template using plugins? I know about the str_replace function but what about removing 20 lines from a template?

SHOWTHREAD template for example, how would I remove this:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

I could use a plugin to render a new showthread template with my customisation but thought there may be a way to remove it from the original template?
Old 31 Oct 2014, 10:32

Why remove or hide the code, just set the $show['threadrating'] to false.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 31 Oct 2014, 11:32

Because I want use the etiket template mod to put the options above the thread.
Old 31 Oct 2014, 11:57

Well since that is a template modification, why not just edit the template further, and move the code where you want?
Old 31 Oct 2014, 12:15

I want it on 3 different themes and dont want to edit all 3 lol
Old 31 Oct 2014, 13:00

In the time you spent asking here, waiting for answers, then implementing whatever is suggested etc you could have made that template edit three dozen times. Honestly, you're wasting your time (and ours, too). Just edit the templates, what's the problem?

http://www.roma-antiqua.de
Old 31 Oct 2014, 13:31

If I wanted to turn the template mod into an addon then I would need to know how (if possible) to do what I asked. I'm not doing it just for my benefit.
Old 31 Oct 2014, 21:11

Originally Posted by Black Snow View Post
I want it on 3 different themes and dont want to edit all 3 lol
The template system is hierarchical. Make your template change in a parent style, your additional styles should or could be children.
Old 01 Nov 2014, 07:55

Originally Posted by tbworld View Post
The template system is hierarchical. Make your template change in a parent style, your additional styles should or could be children.
I understand that but they are 3 different styles and nowhere near the same.
Old 01 Nov 2014, 10:33

Then, why oh why, don't you just use http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=152931?

http://www.roma-antiqua.de