Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Old 07 Jun 2006, 11:33

Originally Posted by COBRAws
Site owners shouldnt be nominating their boards. Its a conflict of interests too IMO.
Site owners who also happen to be running the contest...definately a conflict of interest as I pointed out earlier.
Old 07 Jun 2006, 11:49

I agree. When I had posted (#29) I did not realize one of the BOTM staff nominated his own board. While I chose not to be on the BOTM team I highly suggest that (this) person removes his entry for the validity and ethics of the contest.

Old 07 Jun 2006, 15:02

Yep, I vote for vbhackers as well. It's everything, well... that this place should be.
Old 07 Jun 2006, 15:05

nominating your own board doesn't mean you will win ... ultimately, the winner is decided by the majority

Latest Articles:
Liquid Layout = Less Ad Revenue?
How to Monetize Your Site
Improve Web Page Performance
How To Write For The Web

If it needs instructions, there's room for improvement.
Give users what they actually want, not what they say they want. And whatever you do, don't give them new features just because your competitors have them!
Old 07 Jun 2006, 15:17

/me wonders: muttering and mumbling around about vb.org and then nominating your forum is a conflict of interests or not?
Old 07 Jun 2006, 15:22

I'd like to nominate http://www.vbseo.com/. Now i know this is a forum based on a commerical modification, but the modification itself is not the reason i am nominating the board (and i hope the staff can look past this too), moreso the excellent community spirit and support provided there why i would like to nominate http://www.vbseo.com/ as a Board of the Month
Old 07 Jun 2006, 15:23

Originally Posted by Princeton
nominating your own board doesn't mean you will win ... ultimately, the winner is decided by the majority
Of course, everything is judged equally. Remember, we are two to be accepting the nominations also to make sure "if" we get some misjudgements in any way or another, we will be able to discuss about them.

Good luck for vB Hackers, you guys seem to have alot of support!
Old 07 Jun 2006, 15:56

I nominate vbulletin.org , they have been a great resource to me and my forums for some time now.
Old 07 Jun 2006, 15:57

I agree BOTM isnt directly appointed by The Chief and I. We simply organize it, and the Members are the ones who have the final descision on whats BOTM and what isnt so there really shouldnt be to much of a problem nominating your self or your own boards.

Alot of entries so far, lets keep up the good work
Old 07 Jun 2006, 16:26

Originally Posted by michaelbenson
I'd like to nominate http://www.vbseo.com/. Now i know this is a forum based on a commerical modification, but the modification itself is not the reason i am nominating the board (and i hope the staff can look past this too), moreso the excellent community spirit and support provided there why i would like to nominate http://www.vbseo.com/ as a Board of the Month
/me throws up a 2nd.
Old 07 Jun 2006, 16:48

Originally Posted by briansol
* briansol throws up a 2nd.
/me 3rd's vbseo.com
great support, the best I've found with the 30 scripts I've boughten over my web experience

Email me for website help: brandon[at]sheley[dot]org
Old 07 Jun 2006, 16:49

ok i'm also voting for vBHacker.com

since i started out with forum software ie;phpbb and all the other free ones,
i didn't find it/them as good as i wanted. So i done some searching and pretty much gathered that vBuletin was the best. Anyway it was at this point that i found vBhackers and since then i've been a member and found that the site is extremely helpful. You never see a post in the support area go unanswered and thats credit to the board and staff
Old 07 Jun 2006, 17:08

http://www.gfxgamers.net/forums

First started as a free based forum and grew into a success. Great resource for photoshop users and signature makers looking to enhance there skills.
Old 07 Jun 2006, 18:04

I am not entering my site as it is not so great now.Still finishing it
Old 07 Jun 2006, 19:12
Guest190829

The Chief nominating his own site is not a conflict of interest. Every forum needs to be seconded anyway, and it's also a public vote at the end of the process between 5 nominees.