Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Old 10 Jun 2007, 21:05

Originally Posted by radarhunter View Post
Site Name : StepheniansOnline™

URL: http://www.StepheniansOnline.com/forum/home.php

Description: St.Stephens Students`Forum

Reason for Nomination : Have done a lot of hard work on it without any knowledge of any language. Won`t say that it`s the best cause there are far more better websites of VB members than me but i`ve worked very hard on it. Have done a lot of Mod work (graphical as well as addons mods)

To me it`s the best site but still it`s upto you guys to decide
Please check the BOTM rules: This site does not appear to be open to guests so it will not be allowed unless this is changed.

Cable Forum
Please do not PM me about custom work - I no longer undertake any.
Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Old 11 Jun 2007, 01:29

Site Name: GamingCrazy.net Forums
URL: http://forums.pspcrazy.com/forums

Description: A community that pushes gaming forward with a friendly outtake on how discussion should be. Has tons of content, downloads, articles, and whenever you need any gaming help you can ask a question and get your question answered within 1 hour.

Reason for Nomination: A heavily modded community, that has been pushed to it's limits to show off how truly awesome a dark skin can look using vbulletin.
Old 11 Jun 2007, 03:26

Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Please check the BOTM rules: This site does not appear to be open to guests so it will not be allowed unless this is changed.

Done sire
Old 11 Jun 2007, 16:31

Fingers Crossed

URL: http://www.mkpitstop.co.uk/forum

Description: MK PitStop is a website that helps people with a number of subjects as follows:

Webmasters
Computers
Computer Consoles
Business
Ebay
Gaming
Graphics
And More

MK PitStop allows all ages from 13 upwards. The forum is free and fully moderated to keep all content clean and respectful.

Reason for Nomination: I have been running MK PitStop for 1 Years, 5 Months, 25 days today, this website was started to allow myself and others to help people in the best way as we can. I have been on the computer every day since I started this website, apart from 4 days when I was ill (I even worked on it, on Christmas day). This website is my life and my biggest hobby; I place as much information on there from what I learn.

In the future I hope to add more subjects to the forums so that it can help more people, but at the moment I am trying my best to not put guests off. When I first started the website I tried using a different forum software and was very unhappy with the hard work I had to place in to remove the bugs, but then I went with vBulletin and it was the best thing I ever did with the website. I have installed lots of hacks and even started doing some my self, thanks to vBulletin.com & vBulletin.org with there great community they made this happen more for me.

I would give my right arm to make my forum to become one of the top leading forums on the internet, maybe one day if I keep trying this will happen, but until then I will just hope for my website to win BOTM.

Thank you.
Old 11 Jun 2007, 19:47

Site Name: Haste Network
URL: http://Haste-Network.net/index.php
Description: Gaming community
Reason for Nomination: one of the best & fairest gaming communities out there.

Old 11 Jun 2007, 20:05

Site Name: PSP-Media.nl

URL: http://www.psp-media.nl

Description: Dutch PSP (Playstation Portable) Gaming community

Reason for Nomination: The biggest Dutch PSP Homebrew site, and because we lost 4.000 members due to a HDD failure and an old backup.

Last edited by M-Tuning; 12 Jun 2007 at 06:32.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 01:56

Site Name: PC Apex

URL: http://forums.pcapex.com

Description: A very active PC geek community site which features hardware reviews, modding articles, and the latest PC news and reviews from around the net. Our forum hosts modding worklogs, troubleshooting discussions, overclocking discussions and much MUCH more. With over 14,500 members, over 625K posts and over 100K threads... PC Apex is a long-standing home for geeks.

Reason for Nomination: Back when we first switched to VBulletin from myphpnuke back in July of 2002 we also created a custom CMS that was used to post our content and use VB as our comment and user registratin system. We still use VB as the core of our site and continue to expand on it via hacks from VB.org. Alot of customization has gone into this installation and our members seem to love every bit of it.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 13:51

Originally Posted by GlitterKill View Post
Site Name: PC Apex

URL: http://forums.pcapex.com

Description: A very active PC geek community site which features hardware reviews, modding articles, and the latest PC news and reviews from around the net. Our forum hosts modding worklogs, troubleshooting discussions, overclocking discussions and much MUCH more. With over 14,500 members, over 625K posts and over 100K threads... PC Apex is a long-standing home for geeks.

Reason for Nomination: Back when we first switched to VBulletin from myphpnuke back in July of 2002 we also created a custom CMS that was used to post our content and use VB as our comment and user registratin system. We still use VB as the core of our site and continue to expand on it via hacks from VB.org. Alot of customization has gone into this installation and our members seem to love every bit of it.
I would like to second the nomination of PCApex..
Old 12 Jun 2007, 14:34

Site Name: PBXInfo
URL: http://www.pbxinfo.com

Description: Telecom Community focusing on today's telephone systems for home, Small Office and Large Enterprises. Provides informaiton on options for phone systems.

Reason for Nomiation: We are using VBulleting and VBAdavanced and wanted to get away from the typical "Forum" look and make it look more like a online professional portal. The forums are an intergral part of the site and as you see we have many mods including a custom Member of the Month mod that works very simliar to board or mod of the month but for members. Also we have incorporated a Wiki, News, and many other neat stuff in what we believe to be a very easy to naviage site. Our search works in the forums and/or the wiki.
We tried to be creative in its look and feel. Check it out and let us know what you think by voting.
Cheers!
Old 12 Jun 2007, 21:55

Site Name: Auto Chat

URL: http://www.autochat.co.uk

Description: A new community site specifically created for people who enjoy motoring, whether it is professionally, competitively or simply enjoy a Sunday drive!

Reason for Nomination: I have never found a forum that has gone into so much deapth on the cars section, Most forums just cover one car where Auto Chat covers all (if yours is not on there all ya need to do is request your car and it gets added )
Old 14 Jun 2007, 00:08

Site Name: PureTalkForum.com

URL: www.puretalkforum.com

Description: Talk about your interests in our forum, play arcade games, meet new people and customize your profile. And best of all -- have fun.

Reason for Nomination: Lots of hard work is finally paying off. We have always been a slow-growing community but from the beginning we have always done the right things to increase rankings and ultimately get more members and posts. It is finally paying off and things are starting to pick up the pase. It wouldn't be possible without the great people and their modifications and help at vbulletin.org.

Edit: It's also my birthday in July, so this would be a great birthday gift.

Last edited by aj8690; 14 Jun 2007 at 02:04.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 02:37

Site Name: Talk Jesus Forums & Live Chat

URL: http://www.talkjesus.com

Description: Christian [non-denominational] community of nearly 8,000 members and 80,000 posts. Moderated around the clock 24/7. Family friendly, user-friendly, clean layout and simplified navigation.

Unique Features
-
nearly 100 worship songs built into the flash chat
- nearly 100 arcade games
- Digg like spy feature
- online bible glossary
- hundreds of community photos
- online radio streaming
- rss feeds from Christian sites
- public / private journals
- Tag system (threads and forums)
- blog / news system to keep members updated

Protection
- spam protection filter
- advanced censor filter list
- moderated photos
- moderated registrations

Reason for Nomination:

Talk Jesus forums is a very clean Christian site in terms of its design/layout and of course, moderation. It is non-denominational, very friendly and family oriented as well. There are members from young children to the elders worldwide, currently reaching 8,000 members. There are no advertisements. It is free and full of awesome features that sets this Christian community apart from the rest. There are literally over 1,000 nicely laid out articles (per topic) in the Scriptural Answers forum and Evidence & Prophecy forum. These would be the "faq" of Bible and answers to the "why" questions of life in general. The forum rules are very basic, clear and encourages unity in how the members treat each other, how they post and what to do and not do, for sake of keeping the community clean, friendly and Christ centered.

Last edited by Chadi; 14 Jun 2007 at 02:42.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 04:35

Site: The Linkin Park Projekt

URL: http://www.lpprojekt.com/forum , www.lpprojekt.com

Descritption: One of the fastest growing Linkin Park fan sites, updated daily with news!

Reason for nomination: We are constantly posting the latest (legal, ha) media, including the latest one today, their entire set from the Alive Festival in Lisbon. Great community, with awesome contests. Major modifications include arcade, wordpress bridge, and shoutbox.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 22:55

Site Name: shebali's Cronies

URL: www.shebaliscronies.com

Description: Social site for a tight nit community of gamers

Reason for Nomination: Spent a lot of time getting the site to be a fun place for friends to come and have a place they can caht, hang out, and share gaming experiences. I have donr a lot of sites in the past and I have to say this is my favorite layout I have used and modified. I am really proud of it and hope others like it as well.

Originally Posted by Roms View Post
Site Name: Military Ltd
URL: http://www.militaryltd.com/

Description: Military Limited is a military website that features information, resources, events, groups, and organizations of the Armed Forces. Our online Community is filled with enthusiasts, military personnel, experts, and professionals from around the World. MilitaryLtd.Com is a leading resource for information about any subject matter relating to the Military world.

Reason for Nomination: It's a great community and resource.
Seconded

Last edited by transitbus; 15 Jun 2007 at 23:04. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16 Jun 2007, 00:24

Originally Posted by chadi View Post
Site Name: Talk Jesus Forums & Live Chat

URL: http://www.talkjesus.com

Description: Christian [non-denominational] community of nearly 8,000 members and 80,000 posts. Moderated around the clock 24/7. Family friendly, user-friendly, clean layout and simplified navigation.
I second this site.