Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Old 27 Nov 2007, 12:48

Originally Posted by Caddyman View Post
Site Name: Talk Delaware

URL: www.talkdelaware.com

Description: The First Forum for the First State

Reason for Nomination: Talk Delaware just started this February and has grown tremendously from a brand new board to the top forum and website in the area.

The Community: The members are the best you could ask for as a admin, i rarely ever have to edit posts or discipline anyone cause all the members are just great intelligent posters. TalkDelaware was started because i saw a need for a good forum in DE after joining and posting on another DE board that was run very badly and the good people there hated it. Aside from the fact we have the best group of members i have ever seen the board and features basically speak for themselves.

The Mods: The forum is faced with vBadvanced and includes a custom made, mapped image, for a welcome header linking to all the main features of the site. These includes the forum, a full wordpress MU blog system available to all members, an arcade, and a photo gallery. Other features include a fully integrated flashchat system and integrated cafepress store among many others. I run 2 skins on TD, both from John at vbskinworks. The default skin is "TalkStuff" that i have totally recolored, customized and changed the css on to make it very custom for the topic of the forum. Most everything done to the site was done by me thru trial and error.

Past Winnings: Talk Delaware has also won many awards for excellence both at admin sites and locally. A few months ago it won "Delaware Readers Choice 2007 Best Website" from The News Journal which is the biggest news paper in Delaware. It has also won board of the month at adminfusion, a contest at vbsetup and another contest on vb-faq.

Thank you for your time and good luck to all!!
I 2nd this site as well

Email me for website help: brandon[at]sheley[dot]org
Old 27 Nov 2007, 13:09

Reason for Nomination: Talk Delaware just started this February and has grown tremendously from a brand new board to the top forum and website in the area.

The Community: The members are the best you could ask for as a admin, i rarely ever have to edit posts or discipline anyone cause all the members are just great intelligent posters. TalkDelaware was started because i saw a need for a good forum in DE after joining and posting on another DE board that was run very badly and the good people there hated it. Aside from the fact we have the best group of members i have ever seen the board and features basically speak for themselves.

The Mods: The forum is faced with vBadvanced and includes a custom made, mapped image, for a welcome header linking to all the main features of the site. These includes the forum, a full wordpress MU blog system available to all members, an arcade, and a photo gallery. Other features include a fully integrated flashchat system and integrated cafepress store among many others. I run 2 skins on TD, both from John at vbskinworks. The default skin is "TalkStuff" that i have totally recolored, customized and changed the css on to make it very custom for the topic of the forum. Most everything done to the site was done by me thru trial and error.

Past Winnings: Talk Delaware has also won many awards for excellence both at admin sites and locally. A few months ago it won "Delaware Readers Choice 2007 Best Website" from The News Journal which is the biggest news paper in Delaware. It has also won board of the month at adminfusion, a contest at vbsetup and another contest on vb-faq.

I will second this board for BOTM

Learn About The Bronx, New York!
Old 27 Nov 2007, 16:43

i nominate TD as well. great forum!
Old 28 Nov 2007, 06:13

Originally Posted by Artist67 View Post
Site Name:

Signoholics

URL:

http://www.signoholics.com/s_forum/index.php

Description:

Signoholics is a Free online community that has been scratch built & based on vBulletin standard style. It has been vB based for 3 months (previously on phpbb2.de). It is aimed at all intrested in quality sign design with a basis of exellence in layout following the traditional routes of the craft melding with mixed media & contempary techniques: a resource to introduce like minded folk and to make design better.

Reason for Nomination:

We hope that our forum provides an insight into what can be achieved with a standard vBulletin board. We have built a selection of highly customized & vibrant styles that reflect our design ethos. We have built into the forum a multitude of mods & hacks that compliment the functionality of the board inc: Any Media 3.1; Atakan Marquee Text; Advanced last X thread in marquee, JS; Country display for who's online; Members who have visited the forum; Radio & TV; Ultimate side colums; double navbar hack, along with a few of our own tweaks along the way. We have also customized the member profiles offering combined social networking & a database directory of professional sevices. ?
Seconded!
Old 28 Nov 2007, 13:23

Originally Posted by no mods View Post
Site Name: Holy Poo
URL: Holy Poo - click it I DARE YOU.
Description: A random place, we everyone is invited.
Reason for Nomination: Ahem. Well lets see, were a small but growing community. We like to have fun, there is no real subject we focus on. We have a very competitive arcade (im scared to go in there), with over 1000+ games. So if you want a fun times, with some nice people, look no further. Can you handle the poo?
I second this site! It's a very fun place!!
Old 28 Nov 2007, 20:06

Site Name: Diabetes Daily
URL: http://www.diabetesdaily.com/forum/
Description: Diabetes Daily is the web's friendliest and fastest growing diabetes community.

Reason For Nomination:
First and foremost, we have a fantastic set of members. If you ask a diabetes-related question, you will get five great answers within an an hour. No thread goes unanswered. You can see for yourself by searching for unanswered threads. Not bad for 500 posts a day!

Secondly, we have customized our vBulletin installation to simplify the user experience:
  • The vBulletin sign-on controls access to our whole domain, including full integration with Wikibetes (our wiki) and disabling ads for site-wide donating members
  • The navigation design integrates perfectly with the rest of the site
  • The top navigation has been simplified to give quick access to new content at the top of the page
  • The right column is used as an account control panel as well as providing blog headlines
  • The breadcrumbs stand out above the forums and make navigation easier

We haven't done anything particularly crazy, but I think the final result is a very usable website. We have a lot of grandmas that are first-time computer users and navigate the site very effectively.

If you nominate it and like (or dislike!) anything in particular, please let me know. We're always striving to improve.
Old 29 Nov 2007, 01:17

Site Name: Cheap Tickets & Travel Inc.
URL: www.cheapticketscanada.com

Description: Cheap Tickets & Travel is a family owned Travel Company, great travel services, for users flying in and out of canada.

Reason for Nomination: I've spend the last two years building this site, using vbulletin 3.6.8 & vbadvanced 3.0 RC2, to build what I think is starting to look like a really nice site. And I'd be honored if my clients site was nonimated for BOTM.
Old 29 Nov 2007, 02:46

Originally Posted by PixelFx View Post
Site Name: Cheap Tickets & Travel Inc.
URL: www.cheapticketscanada.com

Description: Cheap Tickets & Travel is a family owned Travel Company, great travel services, for users flying in and out of canada.

Reason for Nomination: I've spend the last two years building this site, using vbulletin 3.6.8 & vbadvanced 3.0 RC2, to build what I think is starting to look like a really nice site. And I'd be honored if my clients site was nonimated for BOTM.
You definitely have a nomination from me! Great site!
Old 29 Nov 2007, 04:22

Originally Posted by deezelpope View Post
Site Name: The Bad Girl Jammie Club
URL: http://badgirljammieclub.com/
Description: The Bad Girl Jammie Club (BGJC) is a drama-free, community-based website, store, and forum dedicated to those brave souls who prefer to stay in their pajamas all day long, while making new friends.
Reason for Nomination: Because of copyright laws, the BGJC is a not for profit website, and all profits on items in the store, a benefit to our users, go to charity. We are currently talking to the several foundations to see who will be the recipient of the funds.
Seconded, smilies look great.
Old 01 Dec 2007, 14:06

Originally Posted by deezelpope View Post
Site Name: The Bad Girl Jammie Club
URL: http://badgirljammieclub.com/
Description: The Bad Girl Jammie Club (BGJC) is a drama-free, community-based website, store, and forum dedicated to those brave souls who prefer to stay in their pajamas all day long, while making new friends.
Reason for Nomination: Because of copyright laws, the BGJC is a not for profit website, and all profits on items in the store, a benefit to our users, go to charity. We are currently talking to the several foundations to see who will be the recipient of the funds.
I second that.
Old 01 Dec 2007, 16:23

Site Name: Networktemple (NT)
URL: http://www.networktemple.com/
Description: An Information Collaboration community - Where people can chat and collaborate on stuff.. like game, music etc,.
Reason for Nomination: I think NT have the best Vbulletin features and modifications.
I second.