Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
vB3.5 Local time and date in post and profile Details »
vB3.5 Local time and date in post and profile
Mod Version: 1.0.1, by Boofo (R.I.P.) Boofo is offline
Developer Last Online: Jun 2012 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 3.5.8 Rating: (3 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 77
Released: 23 Aug 2005 Last Update: 06 Sep 2005 Downloads: 65
Not Supported Uses Plugins Template Edits  

vB3.5 Local time and date in post and profile
Version 1.0.1
(By Boofo)

What does this product do?
This product will add the local time and date of users in the posts and profile. That way you will know what the time and date is where they are located. I use this on my site so I will have an idea if it is the middle of the night, where they are at, or daytime. With your users living in all corners of the globe, this hack is a nice gauge of the different time zones without having to figure out each one in your head.

Credits:
Thanks goes out to KirbyDE for pointing me in the right direction for the profile time and helping to verify the code. And everyone who chipped in at vbulletin.org to help me figure out vB3.5's new ways of doing things. A special thanks goes out to Chen Avinadav for making the first local time hack for vB2 and allowing me to release it for vB3 and vB3.5.

Version Information:
Version 1.0.0 --Initial release
Version 1.0.1 --Fixed time where it didn't show right for many people. Thanks to Kirby for the fix.

Installation overview:
Templates to edit: (3)
--postbit
--postbit_legacy
--memberinfo
Products to install: (1)

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Miscellaneous Hacks Poster's local time and date in postbit and profile Boofo Modification Graveyard 42 15 Jun 2008 19:44
Local time and date in post, pm, usernotes and profile v1.5 Boofo vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 108 27 Jun 2004 10:56
User's local time in profile Gamingforce vBulletin 2.x Full Releases 18 31 May 2003 23:54

  #76  
Old 09 Mar 2006, 03:15
BabyNameAddict BabyNameAddict is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Love it, love it, love it!!
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 14 Mar 2006, 19:51
jacx jacx is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
thanks u kindly
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 19 Mar 2006, 20:01
JaniU JaniU is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Is there a way.. well of course there is, but could someone do it..
It would be cool to show the local time the post is made in each post!

(Actually I was kinda hoping to get that and didn't read everything through so well but of course after installing this I realized it shows always the users current local time/date...)
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 11 May 2006, 11:03
Stop Stop is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Real name: Sultan
Works on 3.5.4 :banana:
I'm really a big fan of your hacks, Boofo. But in In MEMBERINFO template I add it above this and it works fine.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.



Thanks a lot Sir.
Attached Images
File Type: png post legacy.png (3.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: png a info.png (2.8 KB, 11 views)
__________________

An Integrated Matrix That Can Serve All Your Needs And That is Beyond Your Dreams.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 11 May 2006, 11:21
Boofo's Avatar
Boofo Boofo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Rob
Originally Posted by Stop
Works on 3.5.4 :banana:
I'm really a big fan of your hacks, Boofo. But in In MEMBERINFO template I add it above this and it works fine.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Thanks a lot Sir.
Thank you for the kind words, sir.

You can put it wherever it looks good to you in the profile. It should work almost anywhere in there. I just added the instructions of where I had mine.

I will make a suggestion, though. I would add the local date in the postbit along with the time. The reason is that sometimes you will get someone that is a day behind you in time or a day ahead, depending on what time of the day it is. It can be confusing to members trying to figure out what day it would be for that person and if they were ahead or behind in time. Just a suggestion.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 11 May 2006, 11:25
Boofo's Avatar
Boofo Boofo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Rob
Originally Posted by JaniU
Is there a way.. well of course there is, but could someone do it..
It would be cool to show the local time the post is made in each post!

(Actually I was kinda hoping to get that and didn't read everything through so well but of course after installing this I realized it shows always the users current local time/date...)
The only problem with doing that would be if someone was 14 hours ahead of you or 14 hours behind you, it could get real confusing, plus it would throw everything off time-wise.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 11 May 2006, 11:50
Stop Stop is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Real name: Sultan
Originally Posted by Boofo
I will make a suggestion, though. I would add the local date in the postbit along with the time. The reason is that sometimes you will get someone that is a day behind you in time or a day ahead, depending on what time of the day it is. It can be confusing to members trying to figure out what day it would be for that person and if they were ahead or behind in time. Just a suggestion.
Right what you say. I omitted the L.D. coz all most all the members I'm having on my board are from the Middle East and only very few ones from America and Canada. When we grow up, I will add it back though.

Thanks for your concern. Keep the high spirit.
__________________

An Integrated Matrix That Can Serve All Your Needs And That is Beyond Your Dreams.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 11 May 2006, 12:29
Boofo's Avatar
Boofo Boofo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Rob
Originally Posted by Stop
Right what you say. I omitted the L.D. coz all most all the members I'm having on my board are from the Middle East and only very few ones from America and Canada. When we grow up, I will add it back though.

Thanks for your concern. Keep the high spirit.
It was just an observation. By all means, do it the way that you want to do it. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for everyone else.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 11 May 2006, 14:00
antialiasis's Avatar
antialiasis antialiasis is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
In order to make this show up for users who have no other additional info (at least at the location you said to put it at), it is necessary to add $show['extrainfo'] = true; to the member_complete plugin.

Sorry if somebody mentioned this before, but I figured you'd have fixed it if somebody had, and was too lazy to check through the whole thread.

But nice hack, nonetheless.
__________________
Featured hacks:
3.6:
NoSpam! - get rid of those spambots for good!
Import News from a Forum - have unread announcements appear at the top of every page of your forum to get members to read them!
3.5:
NoSpam! - the 3.5 version
Personal Notepad - allow your members to store private notes in their User CP
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 12 May 2006, 04:03
Boofo's Avatar
Boofo Boofo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Rob
Originally Posted by antialiasis
In order to make this show up for users who have no other additional info (at least at the location you said to put it at), it is necessary to add $show['extrainfo'] = true; to the member_complete plugin.

Sorry if somebody mentioned this before, but I figured you'd have fixed it if somebody had, and was too lazy to check through the whole thread.

But nice hack, nonetheless.
Well, I've never run into anyone that didn't have at least one thing showing there so yes, you are right in that respect.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 23 May 2006, 21:25
SHalliday's Avatar
SHalliday SHalliday is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Real name: Scott Halliday
Clicked Install

Very nice .... Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 05 Jun 2006, 07:20
Parker Clack Parker Clack is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Boofo:

Works great in 3.5.4.

Thanks for the mod.

Parker
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 12 Jun 2006, 22:53
peterska2 peterska2 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Real name: Kerry-Anne (really!)
works on 3.6
__________________
Kerry-Anne
Previously known as peterska2

My Sites: peterska2.co.uk Super Clickers World News Zone English Football League Popular Usenet Groups
Do NOT PM or email me for Support or Modification Requests - No Exceptions!!
I do NOT do custom requests. Do not ask for them. - No Exceptions!!
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 30 Jun 2006, 10:44
A_N_K_A_R_A's Avatar
A_N_K_A_R_A A_N_K_A_R_A is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
very nice thanks...
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 13 Aug 2006, 12:33
project-Buckfas project-Buckfas is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Real name: David
Where do I put the code in postbit legacy if I want this to show between "posts" and "location"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg time.JPG (4.2 KB, 6 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 13:31.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: