Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31 Jul 2007, 22:56

Pulling Templates

I am developing a File Sharing system, which after it's done, I would like to release it here. I have only one problem, vbulletin template based system. I need a way to retrieve the header, headinclude, and footer. I started doing it my way, which was this.

I'd search the table user for the persons username, and then check out what their default style was. After that, I did a search in the table template with the conditions being styleid, and searching for the specific template I wanted (eg navbar). Once I did that, I saw that I would need to search the phrase table in order to replace things like, $vbphrase[members_list].

I think I could eventually get it to work right, but I think it would be a heck of a lot of code, and querying. I'm hoping someone could show me a easier way in retrieving templates. So if someone wouldn't mind taking me under the wing, I'd really appreciate it.

p.s. I'll give recognition to who ever helps me when I release the File Sharing system

Thank you,
Osterling.
Old 31 Jul 2007, 23:14

I'm still a bit of a coding rookie but using:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Should automatically select the template from the users selected style and replace the phrases if you have set them in the templates.

Source: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=98009
Old 31 Jul 2007, 23:56

Thank you, that got line of code got me a bit further but still having problems. It displays the header, but it doesn't display the navbar or footer. It is almost like it stops loading after that line.

Last edited by Osterling; 01 Aug 2007 at 00:07.
Old 01 Aug 2007, 00:08

Look at the source link I provided in the first post. If you follow it through it should show you how to use templates to create custom vBulletin pages.
Old 01 Aug 2007, 00:17

I did check it out. Though the page I am creating, I don't want to call it from the template system, instead call it from a flat file using PHP. So I want to display the Header, Navbar, then have it load my file, followed by the footer.

For some reason, it just stops loading after

When I swap it with footer, or navbar, it will display. For some reason it just stops loading after the first eval() statement.

I did check it out. Though the page I am creating, I don't want to call it from the template system, instead call it from a flat file using PHP. So I want to display the Header, Navbar, then have it load my file, followed by the footer.

For some reason, it just stops loading after

When I swap it with footer, or navbar, it will display. For some reason it just stops loading after the first eval() statement.

Last edited by Osterling; 01 Aug 2007 at 00:22. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01 Aug 2007, 00:26

Try to change the print_output to just print then as the print_output stops the execution. Also I don't think you need the echo function at the start.
Old 01 Aug 2007, 08:11

Take a look at the article about creating vBulletin-powered pages.

View My Modifications
29 Releases and Counting... Latest Modification: dmActivityStream - vBookie Integration (4.x)

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Old 01 Aug 2007, 08:32

Here's your general problem:

Stops executing the script, and prints (evaluates) that template. So, before you call that, you'll need to set the other templates as variables like this:

Then $navbar will be available in your MAIN_TEMPLATE.

Prior to including global.php, be sure to populate an array of all the templates you plan to use and name it $globaltemplates, so vBulletin can cache them for you.

(Do read that tutorial)
Old 20 Aug 2007, 18:15

I subscribe to this thread .. I am exactly in the same position and I have the exact same reason why I need header, footer etc.
Old 21 Aug 2007, 14:55

Did you read the replies to the thread?

View My Modifications
29 Releases and Counting... Latest Modification: dmActivityStream - vBookie Integration (4.x)

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.