Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Form Hack Details »
Form Hack
Mod Version: 4.1, by Abe1 (Coder) Abe1 is offline
Developer Last Online: Jun 2010 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.6.x Rating: (76 votes - 4.51 average) Installs: 1213
Released: 15 Sep 2006 Last Update: 24 Apr 2008 Downloads: 6042
Not Supported Uses Plugins Template Edits  

Form Hack 4.1


Features:

Ever wanted an online form that a user can fill out, which when submitted gets:
  • Posted into a new thread in a forum of your choice
  • Create a new poll in the new thread with options of your choice
  • Posted as a reply in an existing thread of your choice
  • PMed to you or someone else
  • Emailed to an email address you specify
  • Choose to redirect to the post, thread or forum, or a custom thank you message
  • Choose to redirect to edit post
  • See a preview before they submit

Or any combination or all of the above?

Well, this is the hack for you!

You can use this for:
  • Moderator Applications
  • Quiz Submit Form which gets PMed to a moderator
  • Contact Form that goes to PM, email or thread
  • Guests to apply to be members
  • Report a Moderator form that goes as a PM to you
  • Guests can PM you for whatever reason
  • Order form to buy things
  • Donation form
  • News or Articles submissions that can go straight to a thread

Or anything you like - this hack is totally customizable via the AdminCP.

The beauty of this hack is that once you install this hack, to make a new form all you need to do is copy the main hook, rename it to whatever you want, edit the variables in the hook, and you have a totally new form!!! You do not need to touch the templates again, but can always create new ones and use different templates for different forms.

Format of the form:
  • One main input question
  • 3 Radio buttons Choice questions
  • 3 Normal text input questions
  • 1 Drop down menu
  • 3 Check boxes
  • 1 Long answer question
  • 1 VB message editor text box question
  • Upload attachments

This is customizable via the hook.

Also:
  • You can set the usergroups you want access to this form.
  • Depending on your forum permissions, if the new thread is in a public forum, members can reply to it. This hack allows a form to submit the new thread or post wherever you want it to go.
  • Force the user to answer all questions.

INSTALLATION
Easy - takes only a few minutes:
  • Import the XML into products. (admin cp -> Plug-in System -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product)
  • Edit the main plug-in - the instructions are all inside the hook itself, in the top half. Follow the instructions carefully!
  • To get to the form, go to: /newthread.php?do=form (change "form" to the name of your form if you have few)

Done!

Use this hack to make as many forms as you like!

Enjoy!

Updates:

Version 4.0: (09/15/2006)
  • Ported over for vb3.6
  • Send to multiple emails.
  • Send multiple PMs.
  • Parse emails for BBCode
  • And finally, ATTACHMENTS!

Version 4.1: (04/24/2008)
  • Fixed for vb 3.6.10
  • Small bug fixed.
  • List of the 2 quick edits are in the zip file so you don't have to start making a form from scratch.

MAKE SURE YOU CLICK INSTALL!
You will get an email when a new version is released.

Abe1 with rights from Dr Erwin Loh

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Addons

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	form.JPG
Views:	21056
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	53487  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Add-On Releases Ajax add-on Form Hack Deepdog009 vBulletin 3.6 Template Modifications 23 22 Sep 2008 21:17

  #1321  
Old 27 Nov 2008, 05:44
Digital Jedi's Avatar
Digital Jedi Digital Jedi is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Mark Daniel Martinez
Originally Posted by davida500 View Post
You have to be logged in to fill in a form, if you are not then this error is received:



Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Anyway is there a way to make it so this error disappears if you are not logged in?

Thanks.

David.
Do you have the form enabled for guests in the plugin variable settings?
__________________

Last edited by Digital Jedi; 30 Nov 2008 at 17:50.
Reply With Quote
  #1322  
Old 29 Nov 2008, 01:11
davida500 davida500 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
I didnt that was the problem, thank you

David.
Reply With Quote
  #1323  
Old 01 Dec 2008, 05:43
Deepdog009's Avatar
Deepdog009 Deepdog009 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Lightbulb ???

Originally Posted by asandhanam View Post
Thanks for the mod. I installed it several months back and running fine. But i need to be able to use a captcha image verification with this to stop spam (been receiving a lot of spam these days). Which one would you recommend? I'm sorry if this has been answered earlier. There are lot of comments and doesn't look like i can go through all of them
**********************************************
asandhanam,,, I just updated one of my older mods with better integration with Form Hack...

It should slow your spammers down to a drip-drop-drip
...

Give it a Go...>>> Image Match <<<
__________________
Long vacation folks, back 2 dabble and doodle... *** Enjoy the Forums
Reply With Quote
  #1324  
Old 02 Dec 2008, 17:02
Welshy2008's Avatar
Welshy2008 Welshy2008 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Good Evening.

Is it possible for this to be modified so that it can be pre-question by me as Admin, so that my Registered Users can fill out their details and they would show in a "POST" as apposed to a "Thread".


It would be great if it could be run from ACP By ADMIN and also reset the questions or pre-filled out fields by Admin too.

The reason I ask Is that I want to start a thread up dedication to my forum members to advertise their businesses for FREE.

Basic things like: Business Name: Business Address: Business E-mail: Areas Covoered: Exclusions: Registered Scheme Provider: etc.
Reply With Quote
  #1325  
Old 03 Dec 2008, 00:51
Deepdog009's Avatar
Deepdog009 Deepdog009 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Question ???

Originally Posted by Welshy2008 View Post
Good Evening.

Is it possible for this to be modified so that it can be pre-question by me as Admin, so that my Registered Users can fill out their details and they would show in a "POST" as apposed to a "Thread".


It would be great if it could be run from ACP By ADMIN and also reset the questions or pre-filled out fields by Admin too.

The reason I ask Is that I want to start a thread up dedication to my forum members to advertise their businesses for FREE.

Basic things like: Business Name: Business Address: Business E-mail: Areas Covoered: Exclusions: Registered Scheme Provider: etc.
**************************************************

Welshy2008,,,
ABE1 posted about an updated version of the Form Hack that uses Admin options...

PM ABE1 for more info...
__________________
Long vacation folks, back 2 dabble and doodle... *** Enjoy the Forums
Reply With Quote
  #1326  
Old 04 Dec 2008, 08:06
davida500 davida500 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
I have been using this for a long time now, i must say it is a great mod, keep up the awesome work Abe1
Reply With Quote
  #1327  
Old 07 Dec 2008, 15:13
designerweb designerweb is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Will this work with 3.8?
Reply With Quote
  #1328  
Old 09 Dec 2008, 13:46
meissenation meissenation is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Does anyone know how to make it so that if you have it set up to reply to a thread that you can set who it is that is making the post? We have the form being submitted to a hidden forum that only Administrators have access to. While posting a reply does infact work (their replies show up as moderated/unapproved) - they can not use the attachment feature since they do not have access to that forum. I was hoping if I change it to be a specific username that has access to the administrator forum that it would then allow attachments?
Reply With Quote
  #1329  
Old 09 Dec 2008, 14:08
Digital Jedi's Avatar
Digital Jedi Digital Jedi is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Mark Daniel Martinez
Originally Posted by meissenation View Post
Does anyone know how to make it so that if you have it set up to reply to a thread that you can set who it is that is making the post? We have the form being submitted to a hidden forum that only Administrators have access to. While posting a reply does infact work (their replies show up as moderated/unapproved) - they can not use the attachment feature since they do not have access to that forum. I was hoping if I change it to be a specific username that has access to the administrator forum that it would then allow attachments?
Try customizing the forum permissions for that particular Usergroup for that particular forum. You can grant them permission to upload attachments for that area by itself as well give them the ability to post threads. I have it set up to where they can only view the thread they've posted and nothing else.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1330  
Old 09 Dec 2008, 14:36
meissenation meissenation is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
D'oh - thank you sir! I left everything for Registered Users set to No under the Forum Permissions but changed the Upload Attachments to Yes and now it appears

Edit: Well - one step forward, but not quite there. If I make it so they can upload attachments it gives them the button for the attachments but it does not allow them to actually attach to the form. I have to make it so it goes to a forum that's off limits to Registered Users due to personal information being posted in the form (Address, phone #, email, etc) but really want them to be able to attach.
Reply With Quote
  #1331  
Old 10 Dec 2008, 06:59
Grimbone Grimbone is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I cannot find my templates to edit anywhere at all. When i goto Style Manager -> Edit Templates nothing is listed at all under custom templates. Clearly the templates have to be somewhere because my test page is showing the form I have been working on in the Plugin PHP Code section.

http://www.legacyofthehorde.com/foru...hp?do=wow_form

The Plugin Code shows...


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

but I cannot find the templates.

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote
  #1332  
Old 10 Dec 2008, 12:10
WNxWakko's Avatar
WNxWakko WNxWakko is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Since my upgrade to 3.7, i get an error when viewing a form that is intended for those not logged in. The error only displays if you are not logged in and yes I have the guest variable enabled.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function fetch_registration_string() in /warriornation.net/httpdocs/Forum/newthread.php(74) : eval()'d code on line 4253
EDIT, took out all the image verification and the error is gone. However submitting forms as unregistered isnt working anymore. I get the confirmation message as if its worked, however the thread never shows up in the forum specified. Yes i have unregistered usergroup post ability enabled in it.
__________________
WNxWakko
http://warriornation.net

Last edited by WNxWakko; 10 Dec 2008 at 12:24.
Reply With Quote
  #1333  
Old 10 Dec 2008, 15:10
meissenation meissenation is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Originally Posted by Grimbone View Post
I cannot find my templates to edit anywhere at all. When i goto Style Manager -> Edit Templates nothing is listed at all under custom templates. Clearly the templates have to be somewhere because my test page is showing the form I have been working on in the Plugin PHP Code section.

http://www.legacyofthehorde.com/foru...hp?do=wow_form

The Plugin Code shows...


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

but I cannot find the templates.

Any ideas?
It's not listed under custom templates but it will be listed in the list of templates alphabetically. Scroll down to the "F" templates and you'll see it.
Reply With Quote
  #1334  
Old 10 Dec 2008, 21:54
Digital Jedi's Avatar
Digital Jedi Digital Jedi is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Mark Daniel Martinez
Originally Posted by meissenation View Post
D'oh - thank you sir! I left everything for Registered Users set to No under the Forum Permissions but changed the Upload Attachments to Yes and now it appears

Edit: Well - one step forward, but not quite there. If I make it so they can upload attachments it gives them the button for the attachments but it does not allow them to actually attach to the form. I have to make it so it goes to a forum that's off limits to Registered Users due to personal information being posted in the form (Address, phone #, email, etc) but really want them to be able to attach.
When you say it doesn't allow them, what does it do exactly? Does no upload form show up, or does it restrict the posting of the message upon submit? Check your Message Attachment Options as well under vBulletin Options.


Originally Posted by Grimbone View Post
I cannot find my templates to edit anywhere at all. When i goto Style Manager -> Edit Templates nothing is listed at all under custom templates. Clearly the templates have to be somewhere because my test page is showing the form I have been working on in the Plugin PHP Code section.

http://www.legacyofthehorde.com/foru...hp?do=wow_form

The Plugin Code shows...


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

but I cannot find the templates.

Any ideas?
The Custom Templates list is for templates YOU create. Modifications generally put their templates, as meissenation mentioned, alphabetically in the main template listing.


Originally Posted by WNxWakko View Post
Since my upgrade to 3.7, i get an error when viewing a form that is intended for those not logged in. The error only displays if you are not logged in and yes I have the guest variable enabled.



EDIT, took out all the image verification and the error is gone. However submitting forms as unregistered isnt working anymore. I get the confirmation message as if its worked, however the thread never shows up in the forum specified. Yes i have unregistered usergroup post ability enabled in it.
Only other thing I can think of is to check to the forum ID variable in the plugin, as well as ENABLE FORM TO BE POSTED setting.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1335  
Old 10 Dec 2008, 22:50
Grimbone Grimbone is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Thanks for point me in the right direction!

Great mod!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:59.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: