Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12 Mar 2009, 00:42

get caught doing what ? only thing u can really do them for, is for running an unlicensed version of vbull and thats upto Jelsoft to proceed with.
Remember a hack is only useful if someone can put it to use.We all download hacks and even click install but that dont mean we keep the hack installed on our boards.Ive deleted many ive installed after a few days as they where not what i throught they was etc.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 03:49

Originally Posted by lasto View Post
dont knock it some of these warezs sites are worth there weight in gold.Ive seen hacks on them that are not even available here and considering there are a lot smaller in size some of the better ones go out of there way to help members.
And yes ive seen hacks appear on these sites within minutes as well of them appearing on here but thats life i suppose even though i have nothing against it.
So even though some of the items are released here under license restrictions that specify that they can not be posted elsewhere, and/or that the branding can not be removed, that it is OK to have these sites offer them? I find it a bit ironic that you have links in your sig about getting ripped off while at the same saying "warezs" sites are worth their "weight in gold."

(Sorry, but I am no longer developing for vB; please do not PM. So long, and thanks for all the fish.)
Old 12 Mar 2009, 10:13

maybe u never read it right - i said that some of these sites have hacks that are not even released here as they are free to use of the board that makes them.Remember not all sites that offer vbhacks are all from here - some of them actually make their own.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 10:28

It's not just warez sites. I've seen web design companies/individuals replace my copyright with their own so it looks like the modification is their own work. I find that much more irritating, although you're more likely to be able to actually do something about it, should you want to.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 10:54

Originally Posted by lasto View Post
maybe u never read it right - i said that some of these sites have hacks that are not even released here as they are free to use of the board that makes them.Remember not all sites that offer vbhacks are all from here - some of them actually make their own.
Maybe you didn't say it right. There is a big difference between sites offering hacks other than vB.org and advocating that "some of these warezs sites are worth there weight in gold." As you said it yourself, you have nothing against those sites reposting hacks from here.

Originally Posted by RedTyger View Post
It's not just warez sites. I've seen web design companies/individuals replace my copyright with their own so it looks like the modification is their own work. I find that much more irritating, although you're more likely to be able to actually do something about it, should you want to.
I think some people would be surprised at the number of "vB experts" who take that approach as well.

(Sorry, but I am no longer developing for vB; please do not PM. So long, and thanks for all the fish.)
Old 12 Mar 2009, 11:12

Originally Posted by nexialys View Post
you see the nulled market as a bad thing, but remember that if we would not have these nullifiers, you would have an unsafe software with flaws and insecure authentication. these pirates help you having a really efficient forum.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but nullifiers do not contribute to secure software, rather the opposite.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 11:42

They don't only target hacks, styles & graphics from here but other 3rd party legit vbulletin sites. There's a specific site I know about that distributes my stuff and members even asking to steal my styles which were never released and never will.

Do they do any harm. No, not really. Like someone stated here. there are scripts/images/styles that arent here and many scripts on these types of sites that either have been abandoned, moved to the mod graveyard or the author pulled their stuff from here.

Whether you look at these sites as a valuable resource or a source that is ripping you off or damaging your potential sales/revenue is down to your own conclusion.

You either benfit from these sites (which many members here do) and there are others who feel the backlash (not to be mistaken for whiplash).
Old 12 Mar 2009, 12:26

uk's first released hack was someone elses code minus the credits.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 13:06
nexialys

please consider not accusing anybody publically... you can report his work if he really pirated someone's work... we don't want to read from this.

--------------- Added 12 Mar 2009 at 13:07 ---------------

Originally Posted by Marco van Herwaarden View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but nullifiers do not contribute to secure software, rather the opposite.
you just read my comment the opposite way *(not the first time)...

Last edited by nexialys; 12 Mar 2009 at 13:07. Reason: Auto-Merged DoublePost
Old 12 Mar 2009, 13:30

please consider not accusing anybody publically... you can report his work if he really pirated someone's work... we don't want to read from this.
I'm not accusing anyone of piracy. Just stating that his first mod was code from the net minus the credits.

Read whatever you want into that. It's a fact.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 13:42
nexialys

you did not say it was "from the net", you clearly indicated it was "someone else's code" ... when we take someone's code and delete the credits, we call this a break of copyright, so yeap, you made accusations.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 13:45

Eitherway. And a fact.

If your worried about sites stealing your stuff, don't post. There's not a great deal you can do apart from bite your tongue and smile. It's the same principle of the scripture you posted about scamming except this scripture would be one line and your workload would be decreased by 100% without the worries.

That said, I think your a good contributor here UK so I would advise on carrying on and bite your tongue. I'm going by you were the author of this post and I never actually checked who started this thread.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 13:48

you did not say it was "from the net", you clearly indicated it was "someone else's code" ... when we take someone's code and delete the credits, we call this a break of copyright, so yeap, you made accusations.
You might call it that but here on vb.org we call it an 'innocent mistake' and I get the warning for pointing it out impolitely to the person who invented the new code that's exactly the same as the old but without the original credits

Are you new here? Thought you'd know this
Old 12 Mar 2009, 14:01

Nobody ever got infracted or infracted for allerting staff on a copyright breach.

Trying to force your opinion by repeatedly posting in public about it (like you just have done in this thread) will get you warned and if continued infracted. The issue you are raising in this thread again is something that already has been handled and closed, no need to bring it up again now.

PS Your infraction was for namecalling, not for bringing something to the attention of staff.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 14:17

I think my posts in this thread were both very relevant to the opening post. I didn't call uk any names in this thread. I just pointed out that he has released code that was available online but he released it without the original credits. It's not off topic. It may be uncomfortable for people to deal with but it's true.