Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
YAFB - Yay! Another Facebook Bridge Details »
YAFB - Yay! Another Facebook Bridge
Developer Last Online: Oct 2018 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.7 Rating: (25 votes - 4.44 average) Installs: 230
Released: 19 Sep 2009 Last Update: 30 Sep 2011 Downloads: 2524
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files Re-usable Code Translations Is in Beta Stage  

The add-on has been updated to reflect Facebook new policy starting October 1st (read more here). Basically this is a maintenance update for user of this add-on from the past. The add-on now supports vBulletin 3.8.x only. In this new version, there are only the basic features: register and login (some simple sharing too). It keeps old settings so you don't need to re-configure.

How to update (this is important):
1. Disable the add-on in AdminCP
2. Upload files in the package (make sure you disable the add-on before uploading)
3. Import the xml in the package, choose Yes to rewrite.
4. Re-enable the add-on
5. Done

Just remember to disable the add-on before uploading files and you will be okie.

A little note for attachment downloads:
- YAFB v1.4 had been downloaded 36 times before I removed it
- YAFB v1.5: 4 downloads, YAFB v1.5.1: 26 downloads, YAFB v1.6: 29 downloads, YAFB v1.7: 22 downloads, YAFB v1.8: 48 downloads
- YAFB v1.9: 150 downloads
- YAFB v2.0: 31 downloads, YAFB v2.0.1: 10 downloads, YAFB v2.0.2: 49 downloads, YAFB v2.1: 55 downloads; YAFB v2.2: 1210 downloads; YAFB v2.2.5: 661 downloads

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Addons

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 18:33

Can someone give me the code that gets placed in the navbar to connect through facebook? Or a code to put on the registration page? Thanks. I'm using a heavily customized style and it doesn't add anything to the navigation for the FB Connect......
Old 13 Feb 2011, 18:45

Originally Posted by NegativeSmoke View Post
Can someone give me the code that gets placed in the navbar to connect through facebook? Or a code to put on the registration page? Thanks. I'm using a heavily customized style and it doesn't add anything to the navigation for the FB Connect......
I think all you need to do is provide a link with the image file to http://www.your.domain.com/facebook.php
:
EYO-AIM, FlashChat Combo-Module for vBadvanced 3.6x or 3.7x

Last edited by yotsume; 13 Feb 2011 at 19:10.
Old 14 Feb 2011, 06:19

Thanks.

I have 1 other problem, when a user registers with the facebook bridge, it sets their birthdate to January 1st, 1970 by default, instead of pulling their birthday info from facebook, or leaving it blank so they can edit it themselves later, any way of fixing this? I require birthdate on registration so users, unfortunately can't edit it after they've completed registration, so is there any way to fix this for the facebook bridge?
Old 22 Feb 2011, 00:43

Does not work with Windows on the server ?
Old 22 Feb 2011, 15:09

Originally Posted by vB-Tr View Post
Does not work with Windows on the server ?
Works fine on a Windows Server
Old 27 Feb 2011, 06:31

excellent mod mr.paint, but for some reason.. everytime I try connecting to facebook on IE 7+8.. the mini pop-up login box keeps refreshing and never give you the chance to type in your password..

ALL other browser works flawlessly.. so cheer on that :]
Old 28 Apr 2011, 11:16

I have this problem. If I click on "connect with facebook" i see

"Forbidden
You do not have permission to access this document.

Web Server at mysite.it "

The url is: http://www.mysite.it/testvb/forum/xd_receiver.htm?fb_login&fname=_opener&guid=0.4255219045530959&session={%22sessi on_key%22%3A%222.3CoYMbTRToCPRoSlZ9gffg__.3600.1303992000.1-1291167618%22%2C%22uid%22%3A1291167618%2C%22expires%22%3A1303992000%2C%22secret% 22%3A%22a8XZDatxDch3QBk00kodRw__%22%2C%22base_domain%22%3A%22cionfs.it%22%2C%22s ig%22%3A%22d97820d820983e751727e94c542be54e%22}

Last edited by cionfs; 28 Apr 2011 at 11:49.
Old 21 May 2011, 08:20

i just receive an email from facebook

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Please help us on this? What we need to do?
Old 27 May 2011, 16:35

Got the same one - went back to fbconnect but had issues with it as well.
Old 05 Jul 2011, 04:07

anyone has got this working on version 3.8.4 as i cant make it work it says i need to connect to facebook or smth like that and it doesnt pull my information from fcb.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 22:16

Hi everyone, this add-on has been updated to work with Facebook OAuth 2.0. Please update your installation if you are using it (you probably received an email about this from Facebook).
Old 30 Sep 2011, 22:33

I am installing this and I hope it works. I will post once I am done. Thank you for your efforts.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 23:40

I installed everything like in installation file. I got my key and secret. I logged out of my forum then clicked "connect with facebook". I was asked to agree to the app requiring permission to my info. on FB. I agreed. Then was taken back to my forum and saw this:
=======
In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
========
So does this mean it's not working yet? Or is this normal? If it's normal and I have to register still on the forum, then what's the use of connecting with face book then?
Old 30 Sep 2011, 23:52

Originally Posted by haytham View Post
I installed everything like in installation file. I got my key and secret. I logged out of my forum then clicked "connect with facebook". I was asked to agree to the app requiring permission to my info. on FB. I agreed. Then was taken back to my forum and saw this:
=======
In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
========
So does this mean it's not working yet? Or is this normal? If it's normal and I have to register still on the forum, then what's the use of connecting with face book then?
The form is there to let you choose a username. The email and password fields are all optional (the form states that clearly at the top).
Old 01 Oct 2011, 00:58

Ok. So I tried my name but it said name already in use. Then I tried a different name and left the "optional" stuff out, I got this message:

The email address you entered is already in use. If you have forgotten your password, please click here

and I left the email field blank so how is it that the email is already in use??
I don't get this..