Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Additional Section within Profile and Dropdown within Posts Details »
Additional Section within Profile and Dropdown within Posts
Developer Last Online: Jul 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.6.8 Rating: (8 votes - 4.75 average) Installs: 180
Released: 07 Aug 2006 Last Update: 19 Jun 2007 Downloads: 1909
Not Supported Uses Plugins Template Edits Code Changes  

NOTE: After checking out the vBulletin 3.7 First Look thread, which contains significant changes to the Member Profile page, it is clear that this mod as-is will probably not work properly when it comes to displaying the Extra Profile Info on that page. As soon as an official 3.7 comes out, I'll start working on the changes.

The 3.5.x version of this hack can be found here.

This hack builds upon my Extra Profile Fields Page hack. This template mod lets you take the extra fields from that hack and places them within a dropdown that sits below the user's title within each post, as well as replaces the Group Memberships area with a listing of only these specs. The EPFP hack is basically the entry form for the data that's manipulated in this hack. Please check out the pics at the EPFP hack link to get the full idea.

In my case, it is used for PC specs (and as you will see the instructions are tailored towards this), however it can be easily used for parts or specifications of almost anything (car parts for example).

An example is shown here:
http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39826

Example of user profile with specs:
http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/member.php?userid=15

# of plugin hooks: 1
# of php page edits: 1 (just 1 line to add the custom hook line into member.php)
# of template edits: 3
# of phrase edits: 1

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Don't forget to hit INSTALL!

Support will only be given to people who have hit install.

Also, please post where you've installed this, as I'd like to see how people are using it. Or if guests can't see the effects, then please post a pic.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	as_1.JPG
Views:	4657
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	51733   Click image for larger version

Name:	as_2.JPG
Views:	2993
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	51734  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Additional Section within Profile and Dropdown within Posts Wired1 vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 64 13 Aug 2006 07:36
Additional Section within Profile Wired1 vBulletin 3.0 Template Modifications 15 19 Oct 2005 06:11

Old 29 Aug 2006, 05:28

Originally Posted by marlita
I have the exact same issue as alluidh! Was there any success with getting it to work properly?? Right now my board probably thinks I'm crazy because of how it looks, so any help on this would be greatly appreciated, especially since I'd rather have the mod working than not have it at all.
Not yet. I believe it's got something to do with how that field is stored, and from that I'd surmise that a DB query could fix it, although I'd rather not add any queries if at all possible. Perhaps a modification of a query though.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 14:47

Question

:ermm: is there an eta on the fix? i appreciate you working on it. thank you.

also, i'm wondering how to get certain fields to show up on one panel vs another. i created two new panels on my profile, rather than swapping out the subscribed groups list. now i'd like some of the options from the new edit stats page that i created to appear on one side and some others on the other side. i just don't know how to do it. they all show up on both sides now unless i change $customfields2 to $customfields3, which gives me nothing on one panel. i just can't figure out how to assign those fields to $customfields3.

also, i've set some of the fields to show up on the member list and made them searchable, but they're not coming up. will you login my site with username test, password test and let me know? thank you.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 22:28

Originally Posted by marlita
:ermm: is there an eta on the fix? i appreciate you working on it. thank you.

also, i'm wondering how to get certain fields to show up on one panel vs another. i created two new panels on my profile, rather than swapping out the subscribed groups list. now i'd like some of the options from the new edit stats page that i created to appear on one side and some others on the other side. i just don't know how to do it. they all show up on both sides now unless i change $customfields2 to $customfields3, which gives me nothing on one panel. i just can't figure out how to assign those fields to $customfields3.

also, i've set some of the fields to show up on the member list and made them searchable, but they're not coming up. will you login my site with username test, password test and let me know? thank you.
FYI your dropdown for the UserCP is missing a link to Edit Investment Stats.

Ok, so if I have this straight, you've got one page, and you'd like to take some of the fields and have them on the left, and some others, and have them on the right?
Old 30 Aug 2006, 22:44

lol yes! i would. and i noticed that too (about the missing link), but i'm afraid to try to fix b/c I don't want to mess it up. Actually, whatever I did when I went in there, if you look carefully, made the missing link & the edit password link, i think it was, just shrink (you can see the double lines, and if you get your mouse in there, you can actually click on it and it will take you to the edit password/email link. *shrug* lol.
btw, thanks for you help.

Last edited by marlita; 07 Sep 2006 at 15:32.
Old 31 Aug 2006, 04:57

I don't think it would be too hard, just rambling here (to remind me later), but IIRC it'd just be a matter of marking the fields differently, having the edit page show the edit areas for both marks, and then have the quadrants filter them out. I'll look into the code tomorrow, just spent a while updating my own forum to vB 3.6.0, yaaaaaayyyyyy. Now to re-do all the hacks for it!
Old 31 Aug 2006, 21:35

FYI I've found some code to help with the multiple selection profile bug, but not an automated way to do it. It'd have to be customized by the end user.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108785
Old 04 Sep 2006, 15:37

Q: (sorry if this is dumb quesiont...non programmer here). Does using this save the queries of items/postbit elements if you put them in the menu dropdown?

eg:
no. of queries if the items were displayed without the dropdown... 5
no. of queries for same items once you put them into the dropdown.... 1

is that correct?
www.UnrealAddicts.com
Old 04 Sep 2006, 20:42

Your instructions don't state what to do with the xml file. I added the hook statement, but I am not sure what to do next.

I also am not sure where to change the vB Phrase [group_memberships] to the title I want for the quadrant. Is it in one of the templates?

Thanks.

Last edited by Jericho2004; 04 Sep 2006 at 20:47.
Old 05 Sep 2006, 00:04

Originally Posted by GrendelKhan{TSU
Q: (sorry if this is dumb quesiont...non programmer here). Does using this save the queries of items/postbit elements if you put them in the menu dropdown?

eg:
no. of queries if the items were displayed without the dropdown... 5
no. of queries for same items once you put them into the dropdown.... 1

is that correct?
Dunno. There's only one query for all of the profile fields in my hack, so I don't know what you're comparing it to.

Originally Posted by Jericho2004
Your instructions don't state what to do with the xml file. I added the hook statement, but I am not sure what to do next.

I also am not sure where to change the vB Phrase [group_memberships] to the title I want for the quadrant. Is it in one of the templates?
Jericho2004: Please hit Install.

Do you mean extra member fields.xml? It's a plugin, upload it like any other plugin.

You change the phrase in the Phrase Manager within the AdminCP.

Last edited by Wired1; 05 Sep 2006 at 00:09.
Old 05 Sep 2006, 17:02

Originally Posted by Wired1
Dunno. There's only one query for all of the profile fields in my hack, so I don't know what you're comparing it to.

Jericho2004: Please hit Install.

Do you mean extra member fields.xml? It's a plugin, upload it like any other plugin.

You change the phrase in the Phrase Manager within the AdminCP.
Sorry, I hit install. Everything works except it is not pulling the data from the cp into the public profile in that bottom right quadrant. Thanks for the help.
Old 06 Sep 2006, 02:00

You manually edited the member page, correct? What code is where the group membership code was?
Old 06 Sep 2006, 04:36

Originally Posted by Wired1
You manually edited the member page, correct? What code is where the group membership code was?
Yes I changed the title of the quadrant and replaced the code in the memberinfo template. And, the data from the cp is not showing up. It is probably something I overlooked, but I have gone through it a few times now. Thanks.
Old 07 Sep 2006, 01:24

PM me all the code from your member page template I guess.
Old 07 Sep 2006, 03:00

This looks like a very good hack, one which I would be interested in using, only slightly modified..

Would it be possible for me to edit the hack so that it displays the results of my own custom query, rather than info from the control panel?

My idea is based around the fact I run an interactive story site that intregrates with my forum. What I'm looking to do is query the database for each user to see if they have made any posts on the story site, and have links to them listed under their username, as well as on their member profile page.

How easy/hard would something like this be to achieve? Thank you.
Arathor Realm Forums - http://arathor.net/
Old 07 Sep 2006, 22:25

This is strange. The dropdown only shows up for admins and mods on my site and not for regular members. Anyone know what would cause that?