Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Extra Profile Fields Tab Details »
Extra Profile Fields Tab
Mod Version: 1.0.1, by Wired1 (Coder) Wired1 is offline
Developer Last Online: Jul 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.7.3 Rating: (17 votes - 4.71 average) Installs: 200
Released: 24 May 2008 Last Update: 27 Jun 2008 Downloads: 878
Not Supported Uses Plugins  

Don't forget to hit INSTALL!

This is an evolution of my Additional Section within Profile and Dropdown within Posts mod from 3.6.x.

If you have a pre-3.7.x version installed:
UNINSTALL the old product and reverse the edits. Don't forget to revert those templates

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This product builds upon my Extra Profile Fields Page product. This product places the Extra Profile Fields into a new tab on the user's Public Profile.

Does anyone want a future version of this to have a mini block w/ the same data?

To Install:
1) Save the attached product-extratab.xml file.
2) Navigate to AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> [Add/Import Product]
3) Browse to wherever you saved the file.
4) Import!

Version History:
1.0.0 - Initial Release
1.0.1 - Cached template

Don't forget to hit INSTALL!

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	tab.jpg
Views:	2773
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	81299  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Profile Enhancements Extra Profile Fields Page Wired1 vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 196 09 Jun 2010 05:20
Extra Profile Fields Page Wired1 vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 233 22 May 2008 21:05
Extra Profile Fields Page Zachery vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 124 11 Jan 2008 17:19

  #31  
Old 26 May 2008, 05:30
neologan neologan is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
what would be the best way to revamp the styling for the fields? i mean for all the pc specs on the tab, how can i style this with my own html?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 26 May 2008, 05:53
Wired1's Avatar
Wired1 Wired1 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Originally Posted by neologan View Post
what would be the best way to revamp the styling for the fields? i mean for all the pc specs on the tab, how can i style this with my own html?
Damned if I know The mod's pretty much a schmorgasboard of code from my previous mods + this tutorial on how to make a tab.

Put it this way: Any code that works on the About Me Tab's profile fields should automatically work on this tab, and if it doesn't, it should only take a modification or two to get it to work here.

There's 3 points where it intersects with templates:

In the Plugin: Extra Profile Fields Tab


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and then of course there's the TEMPLATE: memberinfo_block_EPFP_tab.
__________________
Admin of the Corsair Memory Forum (AKA the House of Help from back in the day)
Admin of Petri's IT Forum / Moderator at webdesignforums.net

Last edited by Wired1; 26 May 2008 at 09:02.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 26 May 2008, 07:22
odeezie odeezie is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
I dont have the knowledge of this stuff so this may be completely absurd, but is there a way to put a small picture on the Extra Profile Tab?

I am using this mod on a Motocross forum and just got it going today and it is very well liked. The only thing I have had a few people ask for is if they could put a picture of their bike in there as well. Similar to how the About Me tab has their signature picture.

Is this possible to do?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 26 May 2008, 09:10
Wired1's Avatar
Wired1 Wired1 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Originally Posted by odeezie View Post
I dont have the knowledge of this stuff so this may be completely absurd, but is there a way to put a small picture on the Extra Profile Tab?

I am using this mod on a Motocross forum and just got it going today and it is very well liked. The only thing I have had a few people ask for is if they could put a picture of their bike in there as well. Similar to how the About Me tab has their signature picture.

Is this possible to do?
Since it's done in another tab, it's definitely possible, looking at different ways to do it. Where would you be storing this picture though?
__________________
Admin of the Corsair Memory Forum (AKA the House of Help from back in the day)
Admin of Petri's IT Forum / Moderator at webdesignforums.net
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 26 May 2008, 12:31
Jase2 Jase2 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Anyway to stop this using any queries, or at least cut down on one?

Last edited by Jase2; 26 May 2008 at 16:01.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 26 May 2008, 16:31
odeezie odeezie is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Originally Posted by Wired1 View Post
Since it's done in another tab, it's definitely possible, looking at different ways to do it. Where would you be storing this picture though?
I have no idea where I could store it. I guess anywhere would work, similar to the profile or signature picture. Or maybe have it hosted on photobucket or something like that and let them link to the offsite picture. I really dont know how that would work. I think it would be cool if you could go to the usercp "edit extra options" and put it in there at the bottom of the specs list.

Let me know if I can be of any help. I dont know much about code, so if I cant I will be sure to throw some $ your way.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 26 May 2008, 17:56
Jase2 Jase2 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Ummm, how would I make each category title bold in the tab? For example: CPU bold, Hard Drive bold ect ect.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 26 May 2008, 18:00
neologan neologan is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
it would be cool to be able to hook some album pics to the tab, but that sounds like a lo of work.

Last edited by neologan; 02 Jun 2008 at 09:35.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 27 May 2008, 04:08
Wired1's Avatar
Wired1 Wired1 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Originally Posted by Jase2 View Post
Anyway to stop this using any queries, or at least cut down on one?
? It only has ONE query, and it's necessary for now.


Originally Posted by odeezie View Post
I guess anywhere would work, similar to the profile or signature picture. I think it would be cool if you could go to the usercp "edit extra options" and put it in there at the bottom of the specs list.
Originally Posted by neologan View Post
it would be cool to be able to hook some album pics to the tab, but that sounds like a lo of work.
The profile and sig pics have their own locations within the database, and I'd like to stay away from any DB edits if possible. The album is what I was thinking of, but I haven't looked at the album code yet.


Originally Posted by Jase2 View Post
Ummm, how would I make each category title bold in the tab? For example: CPU bold, Hard Drive bold ect ect.
You mean the Profile Field titles, not categories. I'm just using the standard memberinfo_profilefield template for them, just like the About Me tab uses.
__________________
Admin of the Corsair Memory Forum (AKA the House of Help from back in the day)
Admin of Petri's IT Forum / Moderator at webdesignforums.net
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 27 May 2008, 12:11
Jase2 Jase2 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Ok, no worries. Well, I did some testing and this seems to use two queries. Not a big deal, though I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 27 May 2008, 16:34
Wired1's Avatar
Wired1 Wired1 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
How did you test this?
__________________
Admin of the Corsair Memory Forum (AKA the House of Help from back in the day)
Admin of Petri's IT Forum / Moderator at webdesignforums.net
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 27 May 2008, 17:10
Jase2 Jase2 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
I enabled debug mode from my ACP (using my hack) and went to the members profile page. It hit 24 queries (I think). I then went and disabled this product and returned to the members profile page - this time it hit only 22 queries.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 27 May 2008, 19:55
Chadi's Avatar
Chadi Chadi is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Can you please explain how to get the tab to show up static regardless if the fields have not been filled in by the member yet? Thank you
__________________
...............................
Talk Jesus Forums: Christian Chat
games . chat . gallery . bible . videos
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 27 May 2008, 20:18
Wired1's Avatar
Wired1 Wired1 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Originally Posted by Jase2 View Post
I enabled debug mode from my ACP (using my hack) and went to the members profile page. It hit 24 queries (I think). I then went and disabled this product and returned to the members profile page - this time it hit only 22 queries.
I wonder if your hack and/or debug mode adds a query?


Originally Posted by chadi View Post
Can you please explain how to get the tab to show up static regardless if the fields have not been filled in by the member yet? Thank you
Please clarify: do you mean just the tab, or the fields within the tab as well?
__________________
Admin of the Corsair Memory Forum (AKA the House of Help from back in the day)
Admin of Petri's IT Forum / Moderator at webdesignforums.net
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 27 May 2008, 20:22
Chadi's Avatar
Chadi Chadi is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
I mean the tab and fields. Basically, if the fields are not filled in it shows "n/a" by default which is fine. However, the tab is missing until then and basically no one knows it exists.
__________________
...............................
Talk Jesus Forums: Christian Chat
games . chat . gallery . bible . videos
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:24.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: