Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
[OzzModz] Different Post Body Background For Admin And Mods Details »
[OzzModz] Different Post Body Background For Admin And Mods
Developer Last Online: Jan 2020 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (2 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 15
Released: 17 Sep 2013 Last Update: 10 Oct 2013 Downloads: 76
Not Supported Template Edits  

Another mod brought to you by,

Here is a small modification you can do to have a different background in posts, set to users in your Admin and moderator groups, in postbit legacy.

Meaning, you can have a background in the posts for your admins, and a different one for your mods.

To get this to work, follow the instructions in the attached Different Post Body Background For Admin And Mods.txt file

I don't have any screenshots at the moment, I'll try to get some. Or if some of you use this mod, please share a screenshot of what you have done.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	chain_gradient.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	146431  

Show Your Support

• If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Show Thread Enhancements [OzzModz] Post Body Background For Specific Users ozzy47 Modification Graveyard 52 08 Dec 2013 18:52

Old 20 Sep 2013, 00:17

It certainly looks very interesting, if you can make it.

I don't have idea how you can achieve it only through template edits, but you certainly know much more than I do.
Old 21 Sep 2013, 12:04

I am making some good progress on turning this into a mod. It will have the option to use a full background image, or a image in the bottom right of the posts. A different image for admin groups, and mod groups.

A option in the ACP for you to select the image to show up always, or let the admins/mods to choose to show it on a new reply or new thread.

It will use stylevars for the images, so you can easily set a different images for admins/mods in different styles.

So far it looks like there will be no template edits to do either, and don't foresee a need to either.
Old 21 Sep 2013, 12:54

Great stuff, another Ozmod. Can't wait to test the result..

Is there a possibility that this image could be added to any specific user at any given time? or applied to other usergroups other than admin/mod?
Example, top poster for the month, best admin of the month, biggest jerk of the month, day, week etc?

Last edited by DemOnstar; 21 Sep 2013 at 13:00.
Old 21 Sep 2013, 13:35

No not as it is, that is not what it was designed for.
Old 21 Sep 2013, 13:44

Ok. I was just thinking it could be extended a little..
I would have liked to indicate (with a pic) in the post main body that this user is

Examples:
a. useless
b. profound
c. top of his/her class

At a glance, a user would see some classification indicated by the chosen pic...

For mods and admins only, it would seem superfluous...as this is stated in the post_bit...

Just a thought...

Obviously I will try it....You do have some good ideas sir...

Profound here
Old 21 Sep 2013, 14:12

While that may be possible, it might be a giant pain in the arse, think of all the things a admin might want to use it for, their could be literally thousands, and I don't know how to add that without the product being extremely bloated.
Old 21 Sep 2013, 14:18

I will take your word on this...
You are competent in these matters, I just dream of possibilities and download every worthy mod because I am useless...

Cheers Mr Ozmod..

Carry on!
Old 21 Sep 2013, 16:10

Smile

Originally Posted by ozzy47 View Post
A different image for admin groups, and mod groups.

A option in the ACP for you to select the image to show up always, or let the admins/mods to choose to show it on a new reply or new thread.[/I]
Two very useful and important features

Really looking forward to this Ozzy

Like the suggestion for top poster of the month background, but not in this mod, maybe a separate mod.

Would also be a cool way to have thread starter (OP) displayed
Old 21 Sep 2013, 17:33

Original poster has been done, http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=299130
Old 21 Sep 2013, 17:41

I am currently using this one http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=244238
Old 21 Sep 2013, 17:43

Smile

As a background image in the postibt? I thought that was just a regular image on top of the postbit (instead of underneath the postbit message).
Old 21 Sep 2013, 18:00

There is eight locations to choose from where to display the OP in the postbit.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 02:45

A option in the ACP for you to select the image to show up always, or let the admins/mods to choose to show it on a new reply or new thread.

It will use stylevars for the images, so you can easily set a different images for admins/mods in different styles.
That's excellent news.

Could you make it that we could use CSS, not just images, as I'd like to control all elements and I'll rather change color of post body, than just place there image.

Now I use image for red and yellow card (you can see it here: http://slobodni.net/t109986/), with template edit I still didn't described, but it's very similar how you do it here. But, for this purpose I'd like to change background color, not add image. Or, maybe someone would like to do both things (I played a lot with this before I decided to go only with image for red and yellow card).

And yes, would you include different options for post from supermods? As we have three default administration groups. And some forums could have additional staff groups. Just asking...
Old 22 Sep 2013, 02:55

Well if I get it to work, (I have ran into a snag, ) you will be able to use a color for the background, as it is a stylevar, as long as you use the full background image option.

It will probably only have the ability for groups you designate as admins and and mods/supermods to have different backgrounds, so only two different types available, not a separate one for supermods.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 17:40

OK I believe I have the snag I ran into worked out, thanks to the help of other developers here. So I will continue working on this, but the snag did put me a bit behind.