Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Hide the IP of SuperAdmins (now it hides it at the online list as well) Details »
Hide the IP of SuperAdmins (now it hides it at the online list as well)
Developer Last Online: Oct 2015 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 3.8.4 Rating: (4 votes - 4.50 average) Installs: 45
Released: 12 May 2010 Last Update: 29 May 2010 Downloads: 330
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Translations  

This mod will hide the real Ip of the SuperAdmin in posts, in the MOD CP when searching for ip''s. After you install it, go to Settings-Options-Message Posting and Editing Options. And all the way to the bottom you will see 3 settings for the mod. You can enable and disable it, you can also enter a bogus ip for SuperAdmin which then will be displayed instead of the real ip. This is ideal for privacy. By default it affects those Super Admins whose userid is 1. If your userid is not 1 then enter at the third mod settings your own userid.

Things to consider 1: This mod it will hide the real ip of Superadmins for all the posts made before, present and all the time that the mod will be installed.

2: When you uninstall the mod, the past posts made from before, will still hide the ip of the superadmin. Whereas the posts made after the uninstall of the mod, will display the real ip of SuperAdmin normally.

After a request from a customer of mine I expanded it to hide the ip of Super Admin at the online list as well. The expanded version can be found at my forum but it is paid:

http://www.forumservices.eu/showthre...he-online-list

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	Admin Control Panel_1273671913940.png
Views:	510
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	117000   Click image for larger version

Name:	vb3 - Who's Online_1293279273629.png
Views:	262
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	124823  

Show Your Support

• This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Comments
Old 13 May 2010, 00:05

ahaan nice one
Old 13 May 2010, 00:34

Very useful mod, with one exception:

When I had logged in on other admins accounts, using the "Log In As User" modification, I could still see my IP in the "Who's Online" piece at the footer. Therefore, this mod does not reach everywhere.
To say it works, I also went to the posts, and the IP that I set it to "Withheld" was displayed, therefore this mod just working, just not fully.
Old 13 May 2010, 06:09

^
Yes, good mod but it doesn't hide the ip on the 'who is on line' page.
Be great if it did.
Old 13 May 2010, 11:26

The thing is that it was not meant to hide it at the online list but only at the posts as stated in my first post. But I will look into expanding it to hide it at the online list as well when I will have some free time.
Old 13 May 2010, 15:49

let me tag it for update thnx
Old 13 May 2010, 18:21

Thanks will use it later on .................
Old 14 May 2010, 01:31

Originally Posted by borbole View Post
The thing is that it was not meant to hide it at the online list but only at the posts as stated in my first post. But I will look into expanding it to hide it at the online list as well when I will have some free time.
That'd be wonderful, actually.
Old 18 May 2010, 07:55

Two issues...

1) Real IP is still visible in the mod log

2) No caching? This is called by Mysql every time someone views a thread. Easy way to crash your server if you have an active forum!

Last edited by James T Brock; 28 May 2010 at 16:14.
Old 28 May 2010, 16:15

Originally Posted by James T Brock View Post
Two issues...

1) Real IP is still visible in the mod log

2) No caching? This is called by Mysql every time someone views a thread. Easy way to crash your server if you have an active forum!
Seriously, not even going to acknowledge this post? Am I wrong that the query is not cached and is run every-time someone views a thread? On my board it was being called multiple times a second.
Old 29 May 2010, 02:23

Originally Posted by James T Brock View Post
Seriously, not even going to acknowledge this post? Am I wrong that the query is not cached and is run every-time someone views a thread? On my board it was being called multiple times a second.
Sorry for the late reply. It is not that I wasn''t acknowledging or ignoring your posts but due to my lack of free time I haven''t checked the mod site too often. Anyway, the mod is updated now. The query doesn't run every time as before.

However, for the second part of your suggestion, I won''t be adding new features. It hides the ip in posts only. But you are free to modify to your needs for your personal use.

Thank you for your understanding and your patience

Last edited by borbole; 29 May 2010 at 04:02.
Old 29 May 2010, 21:48

Sorry for the late reply. It is not that I wasn''t acknowledging or ignoring your posts but due to my lack of free time I haven''t checked the mod site too often. Anyway, the mod is updated now. The query doesn't run every time as before.

However, for the second part of your suggestion, I won''t be adding new features. It hides the ip in posts only. But you are free to modify to your needs for your personal use.

Thank you for the update! Very useful and I installed again! I'm going to edit it later on so that it takes out my IP in the Mod Log and in the Who's Online.
Old 29 May 2010, 23:12

The query thing was a big problem, the other stuff is manageable. Thanks for the update!
Old 30 May 2010, 11:32

I was looking for this kind of Mod.. Thanks

Last edited by funmasti; 01 Jun 2010 at 08:47.
Old 30 May 2010, 16:47

Great mode, thanks for the update!