Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
vB Database Backup Pro (Lite) for vb 3.6 Details »
vB Database Backup Pro (Lite) for vb 3.6
Developer Last Online: Jan 2018 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 3.6.x Rating: (41 votes - 4.66 average) Installs: 582
Released: 18 Sep 2006 Last Update: 10 Oct 2006 Downloads: 3334
Not Supported Auto-Template Additional Files Re-usable Code Translations  

This modification is no longer available or supported.

When vb 3.5 first came out I was using this backup system on my vb 3.0 - and having nothing better to use - I converted it to work on vb 3.5 (here) and since then I have cut it down and adapted it for vb 3.6.

The original version was by Trigunflame and the rights to the code were bought by Zoints (D.Chapman) in January. A while ago David gave me permission to release my adaption, but until now I haven't got round to it. Trigunflame did mention a few months ago he was working on a new version, but nothing ever appeared.

I have stripped out much of the extra stuff that I do not use (or indeed, could not get to work). This is a simple (lite) version that does a php based dump of your database either as one file, or one file per table. It's been in use on our forum since the day 3.6 was installed.

Notes:
* I will not add anything new to this, or spend vast amounts of time supporting it.
* This is a Lite version to allow people to use the basic 3.0 backup functionality on 3.6.

History:

v2.10 : First internal version.
v2.11 : Bug fixes, some code changes.
v2.12 : Initial Public Release.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Old 24 Dec 2007, 04:21

Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
If you can't see the point then you don't need to worry about using it .....
I asked because I didn't understand what this was alright?..now I understand and it makes sense on what it does..maybe with a little more info I would of understood everything from the beginning.
Old 24 Dec 2007, 22:23

I have a question.. is there ANY way of having this SAVE my db+tables into one .sql file and NOT just the tables themselves??

and is it ok if I made a .htaccess file with "deny from all" inside the path/to/backup path?
Old 25 Dec 2007, 00:18

Originally Posted by yuriy View Post
I have a question.. is there ANY way of having this SAVE my db+tables into one .sql file and NOT just the tables themselves??

and is it ok if I made a .htaccess file with "deny from all" inside the path/to/backup path?
1. Just set the combine setting to 1

2. Yep, that should stop anyone accessing it.

Cable Forum
Please do not PM me about custom work - I no longer undertake any.
Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Old 25 Dec 2007, 03:05

Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
1. Just set the combine setting to 1

2. Yep, that should stop anyone accessing it.
Thank you , working nice!
Old 29 Dec 2007, 04:05

Hello, I am a new guy and this is really great. The only problem is that I can only get it set up right to a folder below my forum. I have been up and down this thread trying everything but I can't seem to get it set up right. I am in shared hosting and I have read to check in phpinfo and all I can find is /usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini I am trying to go off my root folder to admin/backups. Any suggestions? I guess maybe I'm getting too old for this.
Old 29 Dec 2007, 10:37

Check with your host - I would guess they have restrictions in place to stop you writing to folders outside of your web root (assuming that's what you mean).

Cable Forum
Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Old 29 Dec 2007, 16:33

Thank you for the reply. I am trying to write it to /admin/backups/ from my root, starting folder. I have been trying to do it by /../../admin/backups but nothing seems to work no matter how many dots or slashes I put.

I'n new at this so sorry If I don't make much sense.

Last edited by chingon; 29 Dec 2007 at 21:16.
Old 30 Dec 2007, 16:31

Ok sorry for the newb question but I have configured the mysqlbackupconfig.php and uploaded the xml file.. how do I adjust the timing of the back ups. I dont see anywhere this product in my Admin CP. How do I make the program run?

again sorry for the lame question, I am just now starting to figure Vb out.

thank you
Old 30 Dec 2007, 20:29

Look in the admin cp under scheduled tasks and scheduled task manager. It should be called database backup. You can click edit for scheduling or click run now to see if it's working properly.
Old 31 Dec 2007, 17:50

After two MySQL crashes in one week I was looking for a good backup solution and this does the job very nicely.

Between this hack and using WS_FTP's Synchronize utility I have a fresh backup on my local PC daily now. Eventually I'll do something to remove the old backups on the server but for now the solution is working nicely.

(And, looking the backup size of each individual table, I spotted a few things that I don't think would've normally caught my attention. Things like a 2gb ModeratorLog table! )

(Sorry, but I am no longer developing for vB; please do not PM. So long, and thanks for all the fish.)
Old 31 Dec 2007, 17:53

I thought you might want to know that this version doesnt work with vbulletin 3.7.0 BETA 3

This isnt the only hack that doesnt work but i get this error...

A conflict was detected in the bitfields. You cannot continue with the installation of this product until this has been fixed. The conflicts found were:
Bitfield Collision: credits_cantearn = prefixrequired
Old 01 Jan 2008, 00:07

Sorry but that error has nothing to do with this modification.

Cable Forum
Old 01 Jan 2008, 04:48

Paul,

For some reason this mod didn't run properly today. I started run for a while but never finish or end it. I set to close the forum when it back up, but 5 hours after it run the forum still close. So I when to task scheduler and run it manually it run ........ but then it never finish. Usually when it finish i going to say finish, with 0 error now it doesn't say that
Old 06 Jan 2008, 12:14

error

Everything was working fine since 16th dec. Until I noticed the forums stayed switched off for an unusual amount of time today. So I turned vB off, then on again to enable the forums. Ran the scheduled task manually and I got the following sql error and the forums got switched off and stayed off...

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Old 06 Jan 2008, 13:00

The error is pretty self explanatory - something (else) has locked the datastore table, preventing it being updated.

Cable Forum