Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Article Options
Old 09 Jan 2011, 15:18

How do i add certain forums to the additional page? And would i be able to remove them from my index.php?
Old 09 Jan 2011, 18:30

Originally Posted by DIBBLE View Post
How do i add certain forums to the additional page? And would i be able to remove them from my index.php?
Add them in what way - a link? This is just a php page, so put in whatever php you need/want to do what you want. Or, if you just want a link, just put the link in the template.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 10 Jan 2011, 04:46

Originally Posted by DIBBLE View Post
It sounds like all you want is hidden forums.
Old 25 Jan 2011, 15:35

Hi,

I never Create a new file and create the template. Any one cant help me to do that and include that on vbulletin?
Old 27 Mar 2011, 15:22

Here are the errors I'm getting on the page I created. Can someone please tell me what I've done wrong?

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: navbar in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4097

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/ludawgs/public_html/tos.php(42) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: terms_of_service in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4097
Old 27 Mar 2011, 15:53

Originally Posted by Hummell View Post
Here are the errors I'm getting on the page I created. Can someone please tell me what I've done wrong?
What you did wrong was follow instructions for an article written for vBulletin 3.x when you have vBulletin 4.x. Please see the vBulletin 4 articles section for a comparable article- there are some significant differences in programming between the two when it comes to templates.

@BirdOPrey5 | All Things BOP5 | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Note - I no longer making new VB mods, sorry.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 17:25

@#%@#

Took me forever googling around to find this. Could I please ask if you can point me in the right direction?
Old 27 Mar 2011, 20:43

It was the very first thread in the VB4 Articles Section:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=228112
[HOW TO - vB4] Create your own vBulletin page.

Old 28 Mar 2011, 04:56

Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
What you did wrong was follow instructions for an article written for vBulletin 3.x when you have vBulletin 4.x. Please see the vBulletin 4 articles section for a comparable article- there are some significant differences in programming between the two when it comes to templates.
WOW!!! Good to know. I have thousands of new pages created on my 3.x site. I guess I'm now stuck with it instead of upgrading to 4.x.
Old 28 Mar 2011, 14:29

Thousands? That is impressive...

But yeah, the way templates are called (and cached) changed... Once you get the hang of it it's not too bad but it will mean a manual edit to every php file you have that calls a template (which is probably all of them.)

Old 28 Mar 2011, 18:42

Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
Thousands? That is impressive...
Well, I have been running my site for over 10 years now. Converting the site over to the new format has been a heck of a job with a little still to go. I'd hate to start that process all over again. If I did would the required changes be required only in the php file or the template as well?
Old 28 Mar 2011, 18:57

Both. Honestly, in your situation, I'd recommend using either the CMS (so hopefully you'd be converting one last time only) or creating just one framework page that pulls it's content data from a custom database table. This way, it'd be easier for future conversions. But, of course, I don't know what kind of pages we're talking about.

http://www.roma-antiqua.de
Old 28 Mar 2011, 22:32

VB4 uses table-less design so depending on how much existing code you rely on in your templates could mean a lot of work. Also all template conditionals and variable uses in templates has changed.

Old 29 Mar 2011, 14:33

Originally Posted by cellarius View Post
Both. Honestly, in your situation, I'd recommend using either the CMS (so hopefully you'd be converting one last time only) or creating just one framework page that pulls it's content data from a custom database table. This way, it'd be easier for future conversions. But, of course, I don't know what kind of pages we're talking about.
We are working on a new setup that will draw content from a database but even that is taking time to assemble. For now I am doing it the hard way. My web site collects photos of and information on every Lamborghini car ever built so there are 20,000+ potential pages to create. Database will be simpler once it is all ready to go.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 14:43

Anybody know how to make these pages searchable in google or other search engines? I've added the meta data to each of the templates for the pages I've created. However, I get no results when I search in google even when I enter the entire URL.

Thank you, any help is greatly appreciated.