Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Admin Log In As User Details »
Admin Log In As User
Developer Last Online: Jun 2010 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.7.x Rating: (100 votes - 4.69 average) Installs: 1506
Released: 26 Jan 2008 Last Update: 18 Jan 2009 Downloads: 7057
Not Supported Uses Plugins Auto-Template Translations  

Admin Log In As User 3.10

About this hack:
This hack allows any admin that you set in admin permissions, to log in as any user. You have to go to the user's profile page and there will be a link to 'Log In As This User'. Also, there is a link the drop down menu in the ACP User Manager. If you are logged in as another user, you will get a message on top of the forum saying, 'You are currently logged in as another user. Click here to log back into your account.'

This hack is very easy to install. This hack has only the admin yes/no option. Just install and it's ready to be used!

Enjoy!

Installation information on hack:
  • Files edited: 0
  • Templates edited: 1 (optional)
  • Files to upload: 1 (via ACP)
  • Time to install: 1 minute

Updates:

Version 3.0 (01/26/08):
  • Released for vb 3.7
  • RECOMMEND UNINSTALL THEN REINSTALL. (including any template edits you made.)
  • Version works with vb 3.6.0 and greater.

Version 3.10 (01/17/09):
  • Released for vb 3.8

Please post your comments or suggestions for this hack. I read ALL posts.

MAKE SURE YOU CLICK INSTALL!
You will get an email when a new version is released.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	3758
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	74998   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	3931
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	74999   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	4123
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	75000   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	2175
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	80502  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Admin Log In As User Abe1 vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 154 31 Dec 2009 12:09
Only Show IP:Logged if user is admin or supermod, and disable Post report by user Fallout2man vBulletin 2.x Full Releases 32 30 Jul 2002 01:20

Old 27 Jan 2008, 14:50

For some reason I am seeing two messages at the top of the screen saying "You are currently logged in as another user. Click here to log back into your account".

What would be causing this? Have I forgotten to remove something?

Thanks

Doug
Old 27 Jan 2008, 15:08

Well... I think I may have found the problem...

Following these instructions... ( I am running 3.6.7 PL1)

*****NOTE TO 3.6.0 - 3.6.6 USERS*****
This hack uses a hook that was not put into vB until version 3.6.6. You can follow the following steps to get this hack working on your forum.

Open file global.php

Find:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
if (!empty($db->explain))

Place BEFORE:
($hook = vBulletinHook::fetch_hook('global_setup_complete')) ? eval($hook) : false;
Save file.

Open file includes/xml/hooks_vbulletin.xml

Find:
<hook>global_start</hook>

Place BEFORE:
<hook>global_setup_complete</hook>
Save file.

I find that these entries are already existing in the files and create duplicate entries. Which is 'probably' the reason for getting two notices at the top of the page.

Doug
Old 27 Jan 2008, 15:13

Here not... one entry in the files, but two entries on top of the forums.
Old 27 Jan 2008, 15:22

I dont understand what your saying, can you elaborate a little more?

Thanks

Doug
Old 27 Jan 2008, 17:04

Originally Posted by Seiyaboy View Post
Are there any other major changes other than making this work for 3.7.0 as well? I'm staying with 3.6.7 and I intend to not want to do extra updates for a code that is already bug-less.
Just makes it easier to upgrade.
Originally Posted by Namaless View Post
But where found the link into member page?? I check image but this is vb 3.6.8 not vb 3.7.

Thanks!
Right next to edit user.
Originally Posted by jazde86 View Post
Huch, I've the link at the header in 3.6.5 two times...

First: http://forum.url.de/index.php?&log_out_admin_log_in_as_user=true
Second: http://forum.url.de/index.php?[sessionurl]&log_out_admin_log_in_as_user=true
Remove the current template edit.

Active Link Security 3.0.X | Add Title to Rank Images 3.5.X | Admin Log In As User 3.5.X 3.6.X | Advanced BBCode Permissions 3.5.X 3.6.X | Can't See Attachments Before Thanking a Post 3.5.X | Can't Thank and Groan the Same Post 3.5.X | Delete Post when Giving Infraction 3.6.X | Edit New Thread Button 3.5.X | External Data Provider Usergroup Permissions Setting 3.5.X | Forms Hack 3.5.X, 3.6.X | Log Logins Hack 3.5.X 3.6.X | Moderator Statistics 3.5.X | Post Award Hack 3.0.X 3.5.X | [AJAX] Post Thank You Hack 3.0.X 3.5.X 3.6.X | [AJAX] Post Groan Hack 3.5.X 3.6.X | Post Thank You Hack Stats for vBadvanced CMPS 2.x 3.5.X | Search Title only in search drop-down 3.5.X, 3.6.X | 'vBMenu' DHTML User Option 3.5.X 3.6.X | vBShout on all pages! 3.5.X
Old 27 Jan 2008, 17:07

Originally Posted by dcpaq2 View Post
I dont understand what your saying, can you elaborate a little more?

Thanks

Doug
You have to REMOVE the current template edit in header. This hack does it automaticly now.

Active Link Security 3.0.X | Add Title to Rank Images 3.5.X | Admin Log In As User 3.5.X 3.6.X | Advanced BBCode Permissions 3.5.X 3.6.X | Can't See Attachments Before Thanking a Post 3.5.X | Can't Thank and Groan the Same Post 3.5.X | Delete Post when Giving Infraction 3.6.X | Edit New Thread Button 3.5.X | External Data Provider Usergroup Permissions Setting 3.5.X | Forms Hack 3.5.X, 3.6.X | Log Logins Hack 3.5.X 3.6.X | Moderator Statistics 3.5.X | Post Award Hack 3.0.X 3.5.X | [AJAX] Post Thank You Hack 3.0.X 3.5.X 3.6.X | [AJAX] Post Groan Hack 3.5.X 3.6.X | Post Thank You Hack Stats for vBadvanced CMPS 2.x 3.5.X | Search Title only in search drop-down 3.5.X, 3.6.X | 'vBMenu' DHTML User Option 3.5.X 3.6.X | vBShout on all pages! 3.5.X
Old 27 Jan 2008, 17:15

Guys,

I had NO trouble what so ever with this hack until now. Why try to fix or change what is not broken?

I have completely removed this hack. If I decide to reinstall I will stay with version 2 until this mess with version 3 can be fixed...

Doug
Old 27 Jan 2008, 17:17

Originally Posted by Abe1 View Post
You have to REMOVE the current template edit in header. This hack does it automaticly now.
I did remove it from the header. I followed the instructions as it says to do.

My decision still stands to keep this hack removed, until these things are cleared up and the instructions are drastically improved. Very misleading.

Doug
Old 27 Jan 2008, 17:42

I did remove it from the header. I followed the instructions as it says to do.

My decision still stands to keep this hack removed, until these things are cleared up and the instructions are drastically improved. Very misleading.

Doug
Can you please tell me what is not correct now? I'm not sure what you are having trouble with.

Old 27 Jan 2008, 17:57

I dont know what is not correct, All i know is that i get two notices up in the header area, and I no longer have the login as user link in the admin cp in the user edit area.

I uninstalled version two and followed the instructions exactly as it says in the notepad file called "Insructions vb3_6_x"

Doug
Old 27 Jan 2008, 18:01

I dont know what is not correct, All i know is that i get two notices up in the header area, and I no longer have the login as user link in the admin cp in the user edit area.

I uninstalled version two and followed the instructions exactly as it says in the notepad file called "Insructions vb3_6_x"

Doug
Not sure why the link is not in ACP but are you using another style that may have the template edit in it?

Old 27 Jan 2008, 18:29

No I use only one template.

Doug
Old 27 Jan 2008, 23:29

No I use only one template.

Doug
Any way I can test your ACP? No one else reporting the problem.

Old 28 Jan 2008, 00:27

A am getting the following error :

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Old 28 Jan 2008, 00:35

Originally Posted by donal View Post
A am getting the following error :

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.
When?