Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
[DBTech] Forumon RPG v1 (vB3) [AJAX] Details »
[DBTech] Forumon RPG v1 (vB3) [AJAX]
Mod Version: 1.0.11pl1, by DragonByte Tech (Coder) DragonByte Tech is offline
Developer Last Online: Dec 2018 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.x Rating: (2 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 18
Released: 02 Nov 2010 Last Update: 17 Aug 2017 Downloads: 123
Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Additional Files Translations  

Forumon RPG: What is it?

DragonByte Technologies is proud to present Forumon v1.0.0, the most professional, innovative and feature-rich forum RPG mod to date.

Forumon RPG aims to bring your board alive with a fully featured RPG mod that'll let you stage monster fights against a powerful and cunning AI.

Why Forumon RPG?
The modification has the most advanced battle system seen in a mod of this kind to date, and it provides a great incentive for people to return to your board.
AJAX-powered battles means non-stop action as your members fight for the lives of their pet monsters.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like this mod please hit the button to the right ---->

Please remember to click the, button to the right if you installed the mod ---->

What does 'Marking As Installed' do ?

* It helps you to stay on top of updates - members who have installed modifications will be notified by us whenever new updates are available.

For security issues - vbulletin.org will contact all members who have installed a modification whenever a security issue is brought to their attention.

* Marking a modification as installed also helps us know how many people are using our work, giving us extra incentive to provide more features and new modifications.

We appreciate the support!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Differences between Pro and Lite

Priority support & Product Demos available at: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/forumon.php

Lite Feature List:

Advanced Battle System: A battle system more advanced than any ever before seen on a forum RPG. Incorporating tactical elements such as movement distance and Action Points, as well as a vast array of different attacks, including ideal ranges, ineffective ranges and different Action Point costs, as well as Focus/Stamina costs and boosts from other stats.

Monster Breeding: A breeding system which allows players to choose their own monsters, from feet up to head, including a choice of any hex colour for each part! Basic breeding allows players to safely create above average monsters.

Super Fine Control: Fine tune the EXP players get with our variety of user-friendly options which do not sacrifice depth. Create many areas for players to do battle in, and create the exact monsters you wish them to face.

Gotta Catch em All: Players are able to capture monsters and use them in battle, or use them to breed super powerful combination monsters!

Items: Provide your monsters with a boost to their stats with usable items that can be dropped from enemy monsters.

Extra Pro Features:
Special Monster Breeding: Use special breeding to create potentially incredible specimens, but resulting in the death of both parents!

Unlimited Possibilities: A monster combination system so in depth that with the addon pack installed it gives over HALF A GOOGOL of potential combinations & colours.

Configurable Monster Roster Size: Control just how many monsters a player can have in their roster via the settings.

Mass Add Enemies: Allows you to quickly create a large number of enemies to spawn in a certain area of your choosing.

Import / Export Data: Created an awesome game you want to give to a friend, or sell for money? With the Import / Export feature, sharing your game is easier than ever.

Complete Feature List
  • Front-End
    • General
      • Dynamic context menu offering you menu choices
      • List of your monster stables
      • List of monsters
      • Choose active monster
      • Choose your starter monster
      • Breed your monsters
        • Requires 2 monsters you're not using as your active monster
        • Create new, more powerful monsters from breeding
    • Healer
      • Heals your monster stables to full health
    • World Map
      • Modern map point selection or list-based view
      • Choose an area to visit
      • Areas
        • Hunt for enemies
          • Modern AJAX-based battle system
          • Detailed information about all your available battle actions
          • Grid-based combat
          • Combat log
          • Advanced AI
  • AdminCP
    • General
      • Separated from vBulletin AdminCP in order to facilitate non-admins as RPG Game Masters.
      • Fully permission based
    • Main Settings
      • Control all settings
      • Repair Cache
    • Users
      • Search for, edit and delete player's monsters
    • Difficulty Settings
      • Create, edit and delete various types of difficulty settings to fine-tune the EXP rewards from enemy monsters.
    • Moves
      • Create, edit and delete various moves, each with fine-tuned cost and damage done.
    • Species
      • Create, edit and delete various species of monsters, allowing great control over their development.
    • Items
      • Create, edit and delete various items, and add them to monsters' loot tables.
    • Enemies
      • Create, edit and delete various enemy monsters, and place them in your created areas.
    • Starter Monsters
      • Create, edit and delete specific monsters that your members can choose from at the start of their journey in Forumon RPG.
    • Map Legends
      • Create, edit and delete map legend icons that'll be displayed on the World Map.
    • Areas
      • Create, edit and delete various areas where you can put monsters that players can hunt for.
This mod displays a copyright notification in the footer of pages generated by this mod which includes:
  • 1 Link to DragonByte Technologies homepage
  • 1 Link to Product Description page of this modification

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	forumonhome.png
Views:	597
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	123319   Click image for larger version

Name:	forumonworldmap.png
Views:	535
Size:	738.9 KB
ID:	123320   Click image for larger version

Name:	forumonbattle.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	123321  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
New Posting Features [DBTech] Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3 (vB4) [AJAX] DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 2724 28 Oct 2018 09:57
Chat Modifications [DBTech] vBShout v6 (vB4) [AJAX] DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 2836 12 Apr 2018 06:14
Major Additions [DBTech] Forumon RPG v1 (vB4) [AJAX] DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 145 16 Apr 2017 21:02
Forum Home Enhancements [DBTech] InfoPanels v2 (vB4) [AJAX] DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 279 25 Apr 2016 23:44
New Posting Features [DBTech] vB Post Templates 1.5.0 [AJAX] Deceptor vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 115 19 Jan 2012 11:53

Comments
Old 03 Nov 2010, 10:32

tagged for now, really nice mod.
Is forumon RPG just a battle system between members?I mean can I create a story that members go through?
moreover, how many maps can I show? only one or there is an option to add more or Night version of the same map
thanks in advance
Old 03 Nov 2010, 19:17

Originally Posted by Sayid View Post
Is forumon RPG just a battle system between members?
Currently, it's Member vs AI only.

I mean can I create a story that members go through?
There's no extensive tools for story generation yet, but they will be added in a future version

moreover, how many maps can I show? only one or there is an option to add more or Night version of the same map
There's currently only the one world map, but a night/day system is an interesting idea indeed

Fillip
Old 04 Nov 2010, 19:42

Fatal error: Call to a member function build_cache() on a non-object in /home/hoodlege/public_html/forums/forumon.php on line 211

thats the error i get when i try n go into it
Old 04 Nov 2010, 19:51

Do you have vBShout installed? If not, please disable the vBShout Integration in vBulletin Options -> DragonByte Tech: Forumon - [DBTech] vBShout Integration Settings.

Fillip
Old 04 Nov 2010, 21:55

yes i do have Vbshout installed...
Old 05 Nov 2010, 18:38

What version of vBShout do you have installed? I think you're the first person to experience (or at least report) this problem.

At any rate, it can be fixed manually by doing this:
Go to DBTech - vBShout -> Instance Management -> Add New Instance.
Set the options as per this screenshot:
forumonchat.jpg

Then once you've saved, hover over the "Edit" link for this newly created instance and note down the Instance ID. So if the link is [yoursite]/admincp/vbshout.php?do=modifyinstance&instanceid=26 the instance id is 26.

Go to vBulletin Options -> DragonByte Tech: Forumon - [DBTech] vBShout Integration Settings and set the Instance ID setting to the number you found in the previous step, then click Save.

It will then be safe to re-enable the Integration.

Hope that helps

Fillip
Old 08 Nov 2010, 10:15

Ok ive nstalled everything got it up and running added species and everything...now wen i go into an area and click Hunt...the page jus loads but never goes to the Hunt page....
Old 08 Nov 2010, 10:22

Also the shoutbox wont work for the RPG...i i disable theinstance then it works...but if i try to follow those directions above then turn t back on it wont allow me to i get the same error
Old 08 Nov 2010, 16:31

Originally Posted by legion! View Post
Ok ive nstalled everything got it up and running added species and everything...now wen i go into an area and click Hunt...the page jus loads but never goes to the Hunt page....
Are you the same person who posted this to the Project Tools over at DBTech? If so, please don't post them across multiple sites.
If not, then it's been reported and I'm working with that person to figure out what happened

Originally Posted by legion! View Post
Also the shoutbox wont work for the RPG...i i disable theinstance then it works...but if i try to follow those directions above then turn t back on it wont allow me to i get the same error
Hmm, that's really odd...
Are you able to PM me with an Admin account with "Can Administer Settings" and "Can Administer vBShout", as well as an FTP account? If so, I should be able to solve this for you

Fillip
Old 08 Nov 2010, 20:54

Yes i am the one that posted it over there, the onlyreason i came here is because I couldnt navigate back to the section on your site where I posted it lol...I looked everywhere I know i posted it somewhere, so I jus came here and posted it up, as far as an admin account on my site I should be able to set you up...Do you know Enigma? he works with your company I think he is an administrator at my site
Old 09 Nov 2010, 00:25

tagged for the time being, looks a very interesting mod to add...
Old 10 Nov 2010, 21:49

Hey i was wondering if...we changed the body parts into maybe Human body parts...so our members can create human battle people...wt like a darth vader head or sum shit like that...is it possible?
Old 11 Nov 2010, 00:25

Changing the stock images isn't supported, they're very carefully designed and configured to work together in unison to create the monster combinations.

Adding new ones might be possible, however due to the complex nature of the mod, a strong grasp of graphical design and a working knowledge of PHP is required.
Here's the explanation I gave someone else:

Look at the files in /dbtech/forumon/includes/monsters_config - they should tell you what you need to know.

The image files that the priority array reference is in /dbtech/forumon/images/monsters/parts

Fillip
Old 28 Nov 2010, 17:55

v1.0.4 has been released to fix all outstanding known issues.

To upgrade, follow the normal procedure when updating a product.

- DragonByte Tech Development Team