Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Send Mass Emails Using the Mailqueue System Details »
Send Mass Emails Using the Mailqueue System
Developer Last Online: Jun 2010 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.6.8 Rating: (5 votes - 4.80 average) Installs: 65
Released: 18 Feb 2007 Last Update: Never Downloads: 325
Not Supported Code Changes  

Send Mass Emails Using the Mailqueue System 1.0

I recently changed where I send emails for my forum from. I had been using by server and now switched to an outside place. I found that sending a mass email would take FOREVER since it would take a few seconds per email it had to send out.

I had my vb setting of "Use Mailqueue System" set to 'Yes' but I realized it was NOT using the queue.

I found the way to enable the queue and sending mass emails takes me just a few seconds now! (This hack makes sending emails from your own server much faster also.)

This hack enables the vb queue only if you have 'Use Mailqueue System' turned on. Sending mass emails will take you a few seconds instead of minutes of hours!

Installation:

Open file 'admincp/email.php'.

Search for:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

CHANGE it to:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Please post your comments or suggestions for this hack. I read ALL posts.

MAKE SURE YOU CLICK INSTALL!
You will get an email when a new version is released.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Old 22 Feb 2007, 14:58

Originally Posted by Kihon Kata View Post
Hi Abe,

So, let me ask, one cannot send HTML formatted emails through this? I have a custom mod that allows me to send HTML emails through the vB system. LMK if this would work.
Yes it works perfectly fine.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 16:30

Why aint this default in vb?
Old 23 Feb 2007, 18:04

Originally Posted by MentaL View Post
Why aint this default in vb?
No clue.

Or maybe, because they dont think you want mass email clogging the queue.

Active Link Security 3.0.X | Add Title to Rank Images 3.5.X | Admin Log In As User 3.5.X 3.6.X | Advanced BBCode Permissions 3.5.X 3.6.X | Can't See Attachments Before Thanking a Post 3.5.X | Can't Thank and Groan the Same Post 3.5.X | Delete Post when Giving Infraction 3.6.X | Edit New Thread Button 3.5.X | External Data Provider Usergroup Permissions Setting 3.5.X | Forms Hack 3.5.X, 3.6.X | Log Logins Hack 3.5.X 3.6.X | Moderator Statistics 3.5.X | Post Award Hack 3.0.X 3.5.X | [AJAX] Post Thank You Hack 3.0.X 3.5.X 3.6.X | [AJAX] Post Groan Hack 3.5.X 3.6.X | Post Thank You Hack Stats for vBadvanced CMPS 2.x 3.5.X | Search Title only in search drop-down 3.5.X, 3.6.X | 'vBMenu' DHTML User Option 3.5.X 3.6.X | vBShout on all pages! 3.5.X
Old 27 Feb 2007, 00:03

WOW, used it today, e-mail sent to over 2000 members in about 2 seconds, thank you very much
Old 27 Feb 2007, 09:12

Very nice that this is compatible with sending html emails via AdminCP! Great share!
Now I have a stoopid question: My vB isn't set to use the Mailqueue System --- Do I need this set to "Yes" before this hack works?

Anyway - Thanx = Very useful mod! = INSTALLED

Jacquii.
Old 27 Feb 2007, 12:55

Originally Posted by PoetJA-1975 View Post
Very nice that this is compatible with sending html emails via AdminCP! Great share!
Now I have a stoopid question: My vB isn't set to use the Mailqueue System --- Do I need this set to "Yes" before this hack works?

Anyway - Thanx = Very useful mod! = INSTALLED

Jacquii.
Yes.

Active Link Security 3.0.X | Add Title to Rank Images 3.5.X | Admin Log In As User 3.5.X 3.6.X | Advanced BBCode Permissions 3.5.X 3.6.X | Can't See Attachments Before Thanking a Post 3.5.X | Can't Thank and Groan the Same Post 3.5.X | Delete Post when Giving Infraction 3.6.X | Edit New Thread Button 3.5.X | External Data Provider Usergroup Permissions Setting 3.5.X | Forms Hack 3.5.X, 3.6.X | Log Logins Hack 3.5.X 3.6.X | Moderator Statistics 3.5.X | Post Award Hack 3.0.X 3.5.X | [AJAX] Post Thank You Hack 3.0.X 3.5.X 3.6.X | [AJAX] Post Groan Hack 3.5.X 3.6.X | Post Thank You Hack Stats for vBadvanced CMPS 2.x 3.5.X | Search Title only in search drop-down 3.5.X, 3.6.X | 'vBMenu' DHTML User Option 3.5.X 3.6.X | vBShout on all pages! 3.5.X
Old 27 Feb 2007, 15:32

Originally Posted by maroceve View Post
it would be great if we could send an html file ...to be sent tru the queue manager...
See my hack for this.
Old 27 Feb 2007, 17:28

Thanx ABE

Jacquii.
Old 23 May 2007, 03:48

Installed Thanks!

And what should i set

Email to send at once:
To????
Old 25 May 2007, 05:24

Originally Posted by DiesellMinded View Post
Installed Thanks!

And what should i set

To????
Anything you want. It will go really quick so you can send like 1000-5000. This setting would be to make the emails and added them to the mail queue.

Old 25 May 2007, 06:58

Just wanted to let everyone know that this works with vb 3.6.7. PL1 as well.
Old 11 Jun 2007, 14:34

Abe1,

on my Linux RedHat9, vb 3.6.7 PL1, I installed the mod and am attaching a screen capture of the Mailqueue YES radion button selected, and a copy of my admincp/email.php

did I miss something?

When I tried to send an email to my members, the very normal process of mail sending to 500 members at a time started as before..... is this expected ?
Attached Files
File Type: zip mailqueue.zip (18.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 11 Jun 2007, 23:58

Originally Posted by webmaster74 View Post
Abe1,

on my Linux RedHat9, vb 3.6.7 PL1, I installed the mod and am attaching a screen capture of the Mailqueue YES radion button selected, and a copy of my admincp/email.php

did I miss something?

When I tried to send an email to my members, the very normal process of mail sending to 500 members at a time started as before..... is this expected ?
I dont know. Do you know if it is going into the database or not?

Old 17 Jun 2007, 17:23

the emails goes in a second but takes more time to be delivered

Last edited by kollam003; 19 Jun 2007 at 10:09.
Old 05 Jul 2007, 04:09

Could this Get messed up and cause me not to receive my emails when a new paid subscription is received , I have not got an email for the last 3 subscribers ?

DM