Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Profile Field Tags (previously Clickable User Fields) Details »
Profile Field Tags (previously Clickable User Fields)
Mod Version: 1.5.2, by -=Sniper=- (Coder) -=Sniper=- is offline
Developer Last Online: Dec 2013 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.6.7 Rating: (7 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 47
Released: 01 Jun 2007 Last Update: 07 Jun 2007 Downloads: 284
Not Supported Uses Plugins  


############################################
##############--Bought to you by--###############

Talk Coding - Programming Forums

##########--Free / Premium vBulletin Solutions--#########
############################################

3.6.7 REQUIRED


Please consider this a beta since I've not tested it fully! so report back if you find any problems!

What are Profile Field Tags?

- Simple, I will give an example


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

As you can see they Words are now are linked, so making it easier to users to search for users with similar interest. Similar to how facebook and other sites work.

Instructions go to AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> [Sniper] - Profile Field Tags for options

Demo http://www.hardwareforums.com/members/sniper/

Support I can provide better support at www.talkcoding.com

Upgrade You must uninstall the old version called "Clickable User Fields" and then install this.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Private Messages Enhancements Friendster Style Profile Fields: clickable, searchable, fun! buro9 Modification Graveyard 50 10 Oct 2006 06:18

  #31  
Old 07 Jun 2007, 12:14
-=Sniper=-'s Avatar
-=Sniper=- -=Sniper=- is offline
 
Join Date: May 2002
Kihon Kata; try the new version I just uploaded.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07 Jun 2007, 12:48
Kihon Kata's Avatar
Kihon Kata Kihon Kata is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Originally Posted by -=Sniper=- View Post
Kihon Kata; try the new version I just uploaded.
Didn't work. In fact it broke the members pages. It doubled what was displayed and spaced things out bad.

Thanks for trying.
__________________
3MultiMedia.com - Simple, Effective CMS WebDesign
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07 Jun 2007, 12:58
-=Sniper=-'s Avatar
-=Sniper=- -=Sniper=- is offline
 
Join Date: May 2002
I just tested it localy and it works fine! I assume your members have URLs, HTML, or similar coding in their profile fields?

edit: I just checked your forum again, it does seem like your members have HTML links, etc in the fields. While members who have only entered in test e.g. "ball, game, text, form" etc it works fine for them.

Last edited by -=Sniper=-; 07 Jun 2007 at 13:06.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07 Jun 2007, 13:20
Kihon Kata's Avatar
Kihon Kata Kihon Kata is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Originally Posted by -=Sniper=- View Post
I just tested it localy and it works fine! I assume your members have URLs, HTML, or similar coding in their profile fields?

edit: I just checked your forum again, it does seem like your members have HTML links, etc in the fields. While members who have only entered in test e.g. "ball, game, text, form" etc it works fine for them.
Our users have normal BBCODE available in their profiles.

What I did was just installed the xml and it really messed things up on my own profile. I saw everything double in the first field. Go check it out. (the hack is currently disabled)
__________________
3MultiMedia.com - Simple, Effective CMS WebDesign
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07 Jun 2007, 13:39
-=Sniper=-'s Avatar
-=Sniper=- -=Sniper=- is offline
 
Join Date: May 2002
ok, if you have a quick look at my profile on your site, you will see its works, however when using BBCODE in the fields, e.g. bold, it works, but it also includes <b>value</b> in the link, it would require more code to remove these items from the link.

Using bbcode links does break it, again it can be fixed but since using BBCODE in profile fields isnt a default vBulletin feature, I won't make any more changes I'm affraid.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07 Jun 2007, 13:50
Kihon Kata's Avatar
Kihon Kata Kihon Kata is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Originally Posted by -=Sniper=- View Post
ok, if you have a quick look at my profile on your site, you will see its works, however when using BBCODE in the fields, e.g. bold, it works, but it also includes <b>value</b> in the link, it would require more code to remove these items from the link.

Using bbcode links does break it, again it can be fixed but since using BBCODE in profile fields isnt a default vBulletin feature, I won't make any more changes I'm affraid.
I guess I cannot use it then
__________________
3MultiMedia.com - Simple, Effective CMS WebDesign
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07 Jun 2007, 14:23
chuchukuttie's Avatar
chuchukuttie chuchukuttie is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Hey,

Why not make the "Age" & "Date of Birth" be clickable. That'll be cool.

P.S - If possbile, can you please make it searchable by "word" ? One of my member has this as his interest: I love music and I love to dance. < Your product makes the sentence clickable, can you please make every word in that sentence clickable? That will be amazing.

Thanks.

Last edited by chuchukuttie; 07 Jun 2007 at 14:30.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07 Jun 2007, 14:43
-=Sniper=-'s Avatar
-=Sniper=- -=Sniper=- is offline
 
Join Date: May 2002
Originally Posted by chuchukuttie View Post
Hey,

Why not make the "Age" & "Date of Birth" be clickable. That'll be cool.

P.S - If possbile, can you please make it searchable by "word" ? One of my member has this as his interest: I love music and I love to dance. < Your product makes the sentence clickable, can you please make every word in that sentence clickable? That will be amazing.

Thanks.
I will look into birthday search.

It would not be ideal to make words like "I", "to", "have" clickable, instead ask users to separate each word or sentence they want linked with a comma.

but if you really want to you can edit the plugin and change the code

find all instances of


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and replace with


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

that should work.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07 Jun 2007, 19:41
chuchukuttie's Avatar
chuchukuttie chuchukuttie is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Originally Posted by -=Sniper=- View Post
I will look into birthday search.

It would not be ideal to make words like "I", "to", "have" clickable, instead ask users to separate each word or sentence they want linked with a comma.

but if you really want to you can edit the plugin and change the code

find all instances of


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and replace with


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

that should work.
Ok, thanks a lot. Waiting for the birthday / age search
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02 Jul 2007, 02:06
Dannyloski Dannyloski is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Real name: Danny
Subscribed to Mod, might install ... Can you set which Profile Field are the ones that get the "Clickable" option?
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 06 Jul 2007, 23:14
-=Sniper=-'s Avatar
-=Sniper=- -=Sniper=- is offline
 
Join Date: May 2002
Originally Posted by Dannyloski View Post
Subscribed to Mod, might install ... Can you set which Profile Field are the ones that get the "Clickable" option?
yes you can
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02 Aug 2007, 15:38
ericho's Avatar
ericho ericho is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Real name: Elizabeth Richardson
This is so fantastic - thank you very much.
Installed, but as I've already voted for MOTM I'll have to wait till next month.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 13 Aug 2007, 01:28
welovehiphop's Avatar
welovehiphop welovehiphop is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
great mod!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 17 Aug 2007, 19:38
htscpl's Avatar
htscpl htscpl is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Houston
Real name: Henry
Great Mod ! It really enhances the functionally of members profiles! ** installs **
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 18 Aug 2007, 12:55
Konstantinos's Avatar
Konstantinos Konstantinos is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
cool. any way to make it work for the postbit also ?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:38.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: