Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Mod Options
  #16  
Old 07 Nov 2006, 18:30
MrZeropage's Avatar
MrZeropage MrZeropage is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Real name: Marcel
I talked to him and it is no real fix, just a hardcoded solution to once make sure certain secondary usergroups are checked. For any changes you need to alter PHP-Files again ...

So this is not what I understand as a real "fix" or "addon" to make ibProArcade check both primary and secondary usergroups.


I will try to look on that particular thing (but a real fix) for the upcoming v2.5.8+ release but can't promise anything yet
__________________
Get the most installed modification for your vBulletin (more than 8400 installations and 148.000 downloads!):
ibProArcade 2.7.6+ download here | Click here to enter the ibProArcade-Support-Section
Don't miss the new Google Analytics Integration (GDPR/DSGVO) for vB4.x
  #17  
Old 08 Nov 2006, 01:35
RaceJunkie RaceJunkie is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Originally Posted by MrZeropage
I talked to him and it is no real fix, just a hardcoded solution to once make sure certain secondary usergroups are checked. For any changes you need to alter PHP-Files again ...

So this is not what I understand as a real "fix" or "addon" to make ibProArcade check both primary and secondary usergroups.


I will try to look on that particular thing (but a real fix) for the upcoming v2.5.8+ release but can't promise anything yet
Well a look into is better than nothing at all. I don't mind doing any php edits for a temp fix, but before I spend the money on that I'll wait untill you release the next version.
  #18  
Old 20 Dec 2006, 00:33
butty butty is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
mr zp. dya think there is any chance of you implementing this issue in any version soon? i really need this for my forums and have been looking 6 months. its cool if you have no plans to add it in the future just let me know and i can look at paying a coder to implement the feature for me

thanks for your time
  #19  
Old 13 Jan 2007, 03:41
MGSteve MGSteve is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
I can't believe it doesn't treat permissions in the same way that vBulletin does. Sadly, I've only just found out it doesn't work as it should after I've set everything else up, spending 3 hours in the process.

Likewise, I'll gladly donate $25 IF you get this to work correctly with vBulletin's permission system, frankly I'm amazed you haven't done so already, given the pledges on this thread.

Not to mention, I'd have thought the majority of people installing this system will want to tie it into the subscription system & thus the usergroups.

Erm, I think I've done it anyway! It didn't appear to be very hard to do - so I'm thinking I've missed something! But it appears to work on my setup anyway....

Delete this out of the mod_arcade.php file...


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and replace with

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

__________________
Regards

Steve Childs.

mg-rover.org & xpowerforums.com
Yes, I have a bit of an MG & Rover obession.:cross-eyed:

Last edited by MGSteve; 13 Jan 2007 at 04:28. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #20  
Old 13 Jan 2007, 09:24
MrZeropage's Avatar
MrZeropage MrZeropage is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Real name: Marcel
Thanks, will check this out and will integrate it in v2.5.9+ if everythink is ok with it
__________________
Get the most installed modification for your vBulletin (more than 8400 installations and 148.000 downloads!):
ibProArcade 2.7.6+ download here | Click here to enter the ibProArcade-Support-Section
Don't miss the new Google Analytics Integration (GDPR/DSGVO) for vB4.x
  #21  
Old 13 Jan 2007, 09:55
MrZeropage's Avatar
MrZeropage MrZeropage is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Real name: Marcel
Hmmm, as I see it does merge the permissions for the categories, fine.
When about the other settings like "posts per day to play" ect. which setting does it take finally if you have set it different in primary and secondary usergroup(s) ?

Could anybody please test this out with more than 2 secondary groups, different settings per group ect and give feedback here ? THANKS
__________________
Get the most installed modification for your vBulletin (more than 8400 installations and 148.000 downloads!):
ibProArcade 2.7.6+ download here | Click here to enter the ibProArcade-Support-Section
Don't miss the new Google Analytics Integration (GDPR/DSGVO) for vB4.x
  #22  
Old 13 Jan 2007, 12:31
wastemytime wastemytime is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Originally Posted by MGSteve View Post
I can't believe it doesn't treat permissions in the same way that vBulletin does. Sadly, I've only just found out it doesn't work as it should after I've set everything else up, spending 3 hours in the process.

Likewise, I'll gladly donate $25 IF you get this to work correctly with vBulletin's permission system, frankly I'm amazed you haven't done so already, given the pledges on this thread.

Not to mention, I'd have thought the majority of people installing this system will want to tie it into the subscription system & thus the usergroups.

Erm, I think I've done it anyway! It didn't appear to be very hard to do - so I'm thinking I've missed something! But it appears to work on my setup anyway....

Delete this out of the mod_arcade.php file...


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and replace with

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.
Hi, which Setup do you use, my secondary Usergroups (subscribers) have still no permissions to play.

Oh, i am sorry, it works with Categories...thanky you!

Last edited by wastemytime; 13 Jan 2007 at 13:02. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #23  
Old 13 Jan 2007, 13:27
MGSteve MGSteve is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Originally Posted by MrZeropage View Post
Hmmm, as I see it does merge the permissions for the categories, fine.
When about the other settings like "posts per day to play" ect. which setting does it take finally if you have set it different in primary and secondary usergroup(s) ?

Could anybody please test this out with more than 2 secondary groups, different settings per group ect and give feedback here ? THANKS
Ah, I hadn't used posts per day etc.. so I don't know about those. Still, those aren't usergroup dependent, are they?
__________________
Regards

Steve Childs.

mg-rover.org & xpowerforums.com
Yes, I have a bit of an MG & Rover obession.:cross-eyed:
  #24  
Old 13 Jan 2007, 16:45
noppid noppid is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
We had a similar problem with the vBPicGallery Photo Gallery for vBulletin.

All it takes is a simple function to loop through the permissions and set each for the highest allowed settings.

Easily solved.
__________________
Add a photo gallery garage to your auto forum and get noticed by your members. Find out how at the vBulletin Computer Help Forum.
An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.
  #25  
Old 14 Jan 2007, 01:07
MrZeropage's Avatar
MrZeropage MrZeropage is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Real name: Marcel
Originally Posted by MGSteve View Post
Ah, I hadn't used posts per day etc.. so I don't know about those. Still, those aren't usergroup dependent, are they?
There are several settings per Usergroup:
- can view/play arcade or not
- post count requirement
- post per day
- max. plays per day
- can create tournament
- category permissions

the last one is solved, but what about the others?
__________________
Get the most installed modification for your vBulletin (more than 8400 installations and 148.000 downloads!):
ibProArcade 2.7.6+ download here | Click here to enter the ibProArcade-Support-Section
Don't miss the new Google Analytics Integration (GDPR/DSGVO) for vB4.x
  #26  
Old 14 Jan 2007, 12:58
MrZeropage's Avatar
MrZeropage MrZeropage is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Real name: Marcel
Ok, I now extended this and v2.5.9+ will fully support primary and secondary usergroup permissions for all those settings
__________________
Get the most installed modification for your vBulletin (more than 8400 installations and 148.000 downloads!):
ibProArcade 2.7.6+ download here | Click here to enter the ibProArcade-Support-Section
Don't miss the new Google Analytics Integration (GDPR/DSGVO) for vB4.x
  #27  
Old 03 Feb 2007, 20:11
MortysTW MortysTW is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Alright, I got a group permissions that seems to fall into what you wanted tested.

Okay. I have various usergroups with various arcade permissions. I'll describe 2 to keep it simple.

When you have made 500 posts on the site you are promoted, as a SECONDARY group, with 50 game plays per day. Mind you this is a SECONDARY group.

If you become a PREMIUM MEMBER you get unlimited game plays and when you go PREMIUM your PRIMARY usergroup is PREMIUM and you still keep the 500+ Usergroup as your SECONDARY.

Problem is, seems like the restriction set on the SECONDARY is overriding the permissions of the PRIMARY "Premium" usergroup.

This is for game plays per day. Any ideas how to solve this?
 



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:58.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: