Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
vBookie for vBulletin 4 Details »
vBookie for vBulletin 4
Developer Last Online: Apr 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.2.0 Rating: (54 votes - 4.87 average) Installs: 375
Released: 19 Jan 2010 Last Update: 24 Jan 2013 Downloads: 2794
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Template Edits Auto-Template  

Please See the first post for a F.A.Q.
I will endevour to link to useful posts within this thread there as I spot them. You should check there before posting issues etc.

This is a port of vBookie for vBulletin 3.5 by Andreas which was a port of vBookie - vBulletin Betting Hack by tjdrico. Permission was given by tjdrico to port this.

vBookie is a 'bookmakers' or betting extension to vBulletin. It enables authorised members to post Events and Outcomes that forum members can bet on. Each Outcome has its own set of odds, and odds can be modified through the life of an Event (bets that are placed are stored with the prevailing odds, so even if the odds change, your users are paid at the correct rate).

Once the results are known, Events can be settled and forums members awarded their winnings.

vBookie uses its own vCash by default, but this has no more use than as 'bragging rights'.

Although vBookie does not have any built-in facility to integrate with any other store hacks, it's a very simple job to hack vBookie itself to integrate it with any store/points system you care to use.

Install Instructions
1. Unzip product file
2. Upload files from 'Upload' folder to your forum
3. Install product XML
4. Edit "newthread" template as per readme.txt ionstructions
5. Set usergroup permissions
6. Set vBookie settings
7. Enjoy.
8. Check out Dismounted's Activity Stream addon
9. Click Mark As Installed and Rate

Upgrade instructions
same as above, but undo edits made in point 4 if upgrading from pre 4.0.7! (see readme.txt for more info)

Version Control
4.0.0 (19 Jan '10 ) - Initial Release
4.0.1 (21 Jan '10 ) - Removed some junk from templates, added enable private bets option
4.0.2 (24 Jan '10 ) - fixed options for hiding vcash, added some more stuff to teh settings screen, added some vCash utilities (reset balances, give to everyone, set default balance) and fixed some template bugs.
4.0.3 (25 Jan '10) - fixed bugs I introduced in 4.0.2 see post #109
4.0.4 (25 Jan '10) - fixed time zone not being saved, can delete events, + plus a couple other things.
4.0.5 (Australia Day '10) - no longer uses bitfields for permissions, fixed vCash display, fixed stats page error
4.0.6 (27 Jan '10) - fixed TABLE PREFIX issue in vBookie stats page
4.0.7 (23 Mar '10) - fixed redirect bug when editing events, fixed display of cash holdings in events, added plugin to make template mods (no template mods needed now) and updated code to 4.0.2 standards, added hooks for vbcredits integration.
NOTE 0- if upgrading from pre 4.0.7, you will need to eitehr revert your "newthread" temp[late, or manually undo template edits as there is now a plugin which does this for you. Check teh readme.txt in the archive for more info.
4.0.8 (31 May '10) - hopefully fixed bug with updating number of outcomes when editing events. To upgrade from previous version (4.0.7) just overwrite vbookie.php
4.0.9 (25 July 10) - Added ability to select Reputation points for currency. Phrased had coded text. Fixed bug in displaying vCash balance in postbit.
4.2.0 (21 August 12) Added in navigation manager Code for vBulletin 4.2, disabled old nav plugin
4.2.1 (24 January 13) Added missing template, fixed Nav code, fixed some small bugs

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.jpg
Views:	11873
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	110412  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
vBookie for vBulletin 3.5 Andreas vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 2436 06 Oct 2013 15:37
vBookie - vBulletin Betting Hack tjdrico vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 777 16 Feb 2009 18:55

Old 10 Sep 2011, 14:35

If you could build in the feature to take the money from the bookie directly then it would be fantastic.

So what happens if the bookie can't afford to pay out?

Edit: I just tried this and the event will still pay out even if the bookies account hits zero. That is open to abuse. How can we stop the event paying out more than the bookie has on hand?

Last edited by gazzak; 10 Sep 2011 at 15:37.
Old 17 Sep 2011, 14:29

this is breaking up my new style just on the Bookie thread.

I did added this {vb:raw headinclude_bottom}
but same.
Old 17 Sep 2011, 16:33

Erreur

Bonjours
J'ai une erreur quand je clic sur "Bet statistics":
Warning: mysqli_query(): Empty query in [path]/includes/class_core.php on line 1300
Merci

Hello
I get an error when I click on "Bet statistics":
[QUOTE] Warning: mysqli_query (): Empty query in [path] / includes / class_core.php on line 1300 [/ QUOTE]
thank you

Last edited by billybobilou; 17 Sep 2011 at 17:48.
Old 17 Sep 2011, 23:25

That should not happen. Do you still get an error after you have created a vBookie event?
Old 19 Sep 2011, 19:07

Although vBookie does not have any built-in facility to integrate with any other store hacks, it's a very simple job to hack vBookie itself to integrate it with any store/points system you care to use.
I see vBPlaza / vBux has just been re- released. How would I go about integrating your product with that? Any help appreciated. thanks.
Old 06 Oct 2011, 13:57

Bonjour dartho, oui ça ce produit a chaque fois
merci
Good morning dartho, yes this this product has every time
thank you
Old 07 Oct 2011, 02:32

Originally Posted by Mickie D View Post
Little problem with this.

When I had the original on vb3 it would give and take money from the bookie.

so whatever the members betted, went into the bookies cash, and if they won they would receive the money from the bookie, if they lost the bookie would keep the cash.

My users liked this as it put an edge on the game - nicking a little from there friends.

Now when they play the money goes no where but they win or lose the amount.

Does anyone have any ideas why the bookie is not getting the money before the game ?

Thanks for any help.

Mick
Originally Posted by dartho View Post
Ah - I remember now, you're probably using this version whioch would explain why you did not have to modifiy the code: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...17#post2157617
Originally Posted by Mickie D View Post
I got it working!

It was a very easy fix - you just change the "CASE".

If anyone is interested and all credits to the original add on maker... I done nothing really!

You will need to follow the instructions from this post
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...&postcount=716

But when it comes to the edit for function_vbookie.php use this code below

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.
Originally Posted by dartho View Post
Excellent - glad you go it working!
This is the kind of accountability I was hoping to have while using a second currency with vb credits deluxe, I had hoped it would be something that was worked on. I should have been coming here to look for it I suppose. I need to have limits on the betting or keep the bookies money as a bank and discard any use of the credits for bets.

Last edited by rootsxrocks; 07 Oct 2011 at 08:16.
Old 07 Oct 2011, 04:17

I see how to use experience points with this but is there a way to use vbactivity with this? Thanks in advance
Old 08 Oct 2011, 07:05

Works great on 4.1.7. Marked.
Old 15 Oct 2011, 12:55

I am having a problem as regards the time setting on vbookie.

It used to work perfectly, but at the moment I am having to put on GMT+1 instead of GNT to get the right time for when I want to close the event.

The time at the bottom of the forum is correct so it doesn't have anything to do with that.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 22 Oct 2011, 07:16

Can you please tell me how to adjust the betting limit for vBookie? I'd like to know this because when I go to the general settings for vbookie, there isn't an option there to adjust it.
Old 22 Oct 2011, 07:25

I would sure like to know how to do that too as well as confirmation on how to make bets pay from the bookie account
Old 22 Oct 2011, 07:33

Originally Posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post
Can you please tell me how to adjust the betting limit for vBookie? I'd like to know this because when I go to the general settings for vbookie, there isn't an option there to adjust it.
Derek - you have not downloaded vBookie or clicked mark as installed?
Old 22 Oct 2011, 07:35

Check, might work:
Originally Posted by Railen
Open vbookie.php.

Find:

Replace with:

Open your vBulletin database and look at the phrase table.
Find the largest phraseid, then create a new row with a phraseID that's one larger than the largest one so far. The other values are as follows:
languageid : -1
varname : vbookie_exceeded_max_bet
text : You have exceeded the maximum amount of $100 per bet.
phrasetypeid : 1000
product : bookiehack

Obviously, change the $100 max to whatever you want your max to be.
Old 22 Oct 2011, 10:27

Originally Posted by starman™ View Post
I see vBPlaza / vBux has just been re- released. How would I go about integrating your product with that? Any help appreciated. thanks.
If at all possible can someone explain to me how to get the vBookie to use vbbux.