Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
BBR - Welcome Thread Upon Registration Details »
BBR - Welcome Thread Upon Registration
Mod Version: 2.02, by BBR-APBT (Member) BBR-APBT is offline
Developer Last Online: Feb 2014 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 4.0.1 Rating: (22 votes - 4.68 average) Installs: 222
Released: 04 Dec 2009 Last Update: 17 Dec 2009 Downloads: 874
Not Supported Uses Plugins  

I will no longer support vBulletin because of IB and the agile development, and they are not fixing bugs like they should. Instead they add bloat.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	wpor.PNG
Views:	2080
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	107143   Click image for larger version

Name:	wpor2.PNG
Views:	1936
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	107144  

Show Your Support

  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
New Posting Features Welcome Thread Upon Registration powerful_rogue vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 221 22 Sep 2014 16:06
Welcome thread on registration macooper vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 59 15 Dec 2010 17:46

  #46  
Old 24 Dec 2009, 16:15
Charlie98902 Charlie98902 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
That's fine no worried just an annoying welcome thread premature
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 29 Dec 2009, 16:12
Charlie98902 Charlie98902 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
I have a question I use HTML markup on usernames on my forum can I add a m in front of username or a different code structure??

Current - $username

Change to $musername

Even this would be nice to use - {musername}

Is that even possible?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 30 Dec 2009, 12:15
Charlie98902 Charlie98902 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Originally Posted by Charlie98902 View Post
I have a question I use HTML markup on usernames on my forum can I add a m in front of username or a different code structure??

Current - $username

Change to $musername

Even this would be nice to use - {musername}

Is that even possible?
Any ideal if I can change this in the post body?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 30 Dec 2009, 18:37
g00gl3r g00gl3r is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Does this work with PL1?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 30 Dec 2009, 19:28
Charlie98902 Charlie98902 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Originally Posted by g00gl3r View Post
Does this work with PL1?
Yes it does.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 31 Dec 2009, 00:02
BBR-APBT's Avatar
BBR-APBT BBR-APBT is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Originally Posted by Charlie98902 View Post
Any ideal if I can change this in the post body?
I do not know if that can work or not.

I will look when I update this in about a week. I been busy with my own personal code.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01 Jan 2010, 21:34
josantos's Avatar
josantos josantos is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Thumbs up

Hi;

This would be perfect if we could force the new user to write something in this thread befor it can see the other forums.

I meen in forums that are completly closed to the public access like my.

can you mount something like this ?


regards
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02 Jan 2010, 01:53
BBR-APBT's Avatar
BBR-APBT BBR-APBT is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Originally Posted by josantos View Post
Hi;

This would be perfect if we could force the new user to write something in this thread befor it can see the other forums.

I meen in forums that are completly closed to the public access like my.

can you mount something like this ?


regards
I am including a introduction quote soon. I have been really busy with my own personal code.

This will be getting a update soon.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02 Jan 2010, 18:09
josantos's Avatar
josantos josantos is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BBR-APBT View Post
I am including a introduction quote soon. I have been really busy with my own personal code.

This will be getting a update soon.

That is great
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 05 Jan 2010, 04:15
abdulbasitsaeed's Avatar
abdulbasitsaeed abdulbasitsaeed is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Originally Posted by BBR-APBT View Post
Changelog:
v2.02 - Bug fix for double digit post icons and fix for adding the signature to first post.

Known Bugs:
Multiple welcome post if you have it set to post the welcome thread after email activation. There is no known fix for this it happens when a user refreshes the activation page. If vBulletin would add another hook it would fix this error. I have to use register_activate_start but I should use register_activate_complete.


Edit:
It seems vBulletin is working on this with me. So we just may get the hook added to fix this error.
This is really great to hear!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 05 Jan 2010, 05:58
expeditionman expeditionman is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
out of curiosity, would there be a way to code this so that when the welcome thread is created, where it calls for the $username, is it possible to link the new member's name to their profile?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07 Jan 2010, 00:28
GeorgeB85 GeorgeB85 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Is there any way to create a hyperlink so that the username of the new registered user links to their user profile?
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07 Jan 2010, 01:16
BBR-APBT's Avatar
BBR-APBT BBR-APBT is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
I will look into that or including the link to the users profile in the welcome message its self.

Like if you turn the option on in the admin cp it will say.

View their profile here: http://www.link.com/to/profile.


I didn't forget about this, this is on the top of my list to get updated. I just busy with work and my own code.
I promise with in the next week it will be updated.


I have also been working on a calendar/forum integration.
I really need that so I can release my new vb4 site.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07 Jan 2010, 01:19
GeorgeB85 GeorgeB85 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Originally Posted by BBR-APBT View Post
I will look into that or including the link to the users profile in the welcome message its self.

Like if you turn the option on in the admin cp it will say.

View their profile here: http://www.link.com/to/profile.


I didn't forget about this, this is on the top of my list to get updated. I just busy with work and my own code.
I promise with in the next week it will be updated.


I have also been working on a calendar/forum integration.
I really need that so I can release my new vb4 site.
Awesome. Sounds good. I look forward to it!
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12 Jan 2010, 20:11
Ocean-Wonders Ocean-Wonders is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Great work thanks !!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 21:56.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: