Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Import External Images Details »
Import External Images
Developer Last Online: Oct 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (38 votes - 4.68 average) Installs: 303
Released: 07 Nov 2010 Last Update: 14 Feb 2011 Downloads: 1873
Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Additional Files Translations  

This vBulletin 4 product imports external images in your posts from external servers or paths into a specific path, normally your forum's image folder.

Differently than the previous product Image Cache for vBulletin 3.x., it parses the posts at regular intervals for new images and replaces the external references in the background. Also, instead of using only a single folder, it creates folders for years and months, making it much easier to handle large quantities of images. The source and destination image URL's are stored into database, too, avoiding unnecessary duplicates.

It moves and optionally converts images from one place to another. It is a handy tool in order to keep your images local to your forums.

Version 1.0.4 is temporarily in BETA stage until the users have confirmed the newly requested features.
Version 1.0.5 is still in BETA stage. It adds a new bunch of additional features, one of which allows you to test your mathematical understanding ... and a few other to fine-tune CURL and socket timeouts, and resizing on the fly of too large images. If you don't know what these options do, please leave them at their default values.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	08-11-2010-11.32.53.jpg
Views:	3960
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	123480   Click image for larger version

Name:	02-02-2011-22.06.39.jpg
Views:	2746
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	126356  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Old 10 Mar 2017, 15:56

@y2ksw I think I know the cause, I've made the following changes for someone and now it's working again:

In the cURL part in the iei_get_contents function, I made it so that any SSL errors are ignored (for HTTPS sites). This can be done by setting CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST and CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER to 0. I also added a check there so that it returns false when the status code is bigger than 400.

Finally, the iei_normalize_path function adds a slash in front of the path which does not seem to work on all servers. I removed the first slash in the path that's created by that function and that fixed the whole thing.

Contact me for custom vBulletin 3/4 work & server/website management.
Old 10 Mar 2017, 16:00

Originally Posted by Dave View Post
@y2ksw I think I know the cause, I've made the following changes for someone and now it's working again:

In the cURL part in the iei_get_contents function, I made it so that any SSL errors are ignored (for HTTPS sites). This can be done by setting CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST and CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER to 0. I also added a check there so that it returns false when the status code is bigger than 400.

Finally, the iei_normalize_path function adds a slash in front of the path which does not seem to work on all servers. I removed the first slash of the path that's created and that fixed the whole thing.

Interesting Dave .... thanks ..

We import pics from all kinds of SSL sites and have so for years with this mod, but I don't recall us ever having to modify CURL options to do so.. and y2ksw's mod hasn't crashed, or failed to import a pic in years.

Are we missing something, or are we just lucky?

Regards,
Doug
Old 10 Mar 2017, 16:01

Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
Interesting Dave .... thanks ..

We import pics from all kinds of SSL sites and have so for years with this mod, but I don't recall us ever having to modify CURL options to do so.. and y2ksw's mod hasn't crashed, or failed to import a pic in years.

Are we missing something, or are we just lucky?

Regards,
Doug
I assume you're just lucky.

Contact me for custom vBulletin 3/4 work & server/website management.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 06:30

Hello guys will this work on Version 4.2.5 or would you guys recommend something else for that 4.2.5? Thanks!!!
Last edited by Obama : Today at 20:51.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 09:27

Originally Posted by Rideharder View Post
Hello guys will this work on Version 4.2.5 or would you guys recommend something else for that 4.2.5? Thanks!!!
It should work, but I can't promise ... please try and let us know
Old 13 Jun 2017, 10:01

Works in 4.2.5 PHP 7.1 for me.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 13:33

Originally Posted by Rideharder View Post
I dont see why not, I have it (or at least a modified version of it) working on 3.8.11 & PHP 7.1, which is basically the same as far as this code is concerned.

(** The modifications relate to the information stored, I like to save the postid and a timestamp).

Cable Forum
Please do not PM me about custom work - I no longer undertake any.
Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Old 14 Jun 2017, 23:29

Awesome, thank you so much. I remember I stop doing the Vbulletin because it was a pain in the ass to keep up with all the version updates on the modules. You guys are pretty awesome to have around for the community and thanks!
Last edited by Obama : Today at 20:51.
Old 03 Jul 2017, 07:03

Hi folks,

Some members pointed me to this thread, great mod!

Now that Photobucket has stopped 3rd party hosting, years of threads on my forum now have the below redirected image.

Has anyone tried this mod since PB have done this?

Any luck?

I'm concerned it will try and pull all of the PB photos but will pull the redirected image code instead or just blanks, any ideas/help greatly appreciated!

Old 03 Jul 2017, 10:26

Originally Posted by andy626 View Post
Hi folks,

Some members pointed me to this thread, great mod!

Now that Photobucket has stopped 3rd party hosting, years of threads on my forum now have the below redirected image.

Has anyone tried this mod since PB have done this?

Any luck?

I'm concerned it will try and pull all of the PB photos but will pull the redirected image code instead or just blanks, any ideas/help greatly appreciated!

Bad news, in testing I have found that the image is replace with the PB shakedown thumbnail
Old 03 Jul 2017, 10:33

Originally Posted by Kane@airrifle View Post
Bad news, in testing I have found that the image is replace with the PB shakedown thumbnail
Oh crap, disaster!

But a million thank you's for testing this for me!

I think I still need this mod for Tapatalk and Forum Runner, etc.

Does it completely ruin the thread if I was to somehow find a script to find and replace photobucket.com/member/image123.jpg to myforum.com/member/image123 etc.

i.e: is the localised image link still the correct name/folder format of the original image or is the new image name the 3rd party thumbnail image link..... <--- Not even sure that will make sense to you

Appreciate your help though!
Old 03 Jul 2017, 10:52

This is a bit of a disaster for me and I'm sure hundreds of forums out there surely?

What would be good if you can somehow get members to download their albums and photos off PB.

Then you upload it your server and somehow (???) run an attachment URL find and replace PB.com/member/ to yourforum.com/member/

Once that's been done, you don't need PB and then run this script here for the rest of the 3rd party hosting.

I never knew how vulnerable we are as forum owners when companies can suddenly change their ways and charge $399 per year to show your photos on 3rd party, crazy!
Old 03 Jul 2017, 12:41

This product will only download and replace images in the post table that are between the [img] [ /img] tags so I don't t think it can help you with member profile pics and member albums.

The localised path will be designated by you on setup, you have a choice whether or not to keep the original filenames or to have the mod change them to a numeric value name.

It is a disaster and I am sure there are millions of websites affected. I am pretty glad I installed this mod shortly after Imageshack pulled the same stunt that Photobucket is doing now.

Last edited by Kane@airrifle; 03 Jul 2017 at 14:40.
Old 04 Jul 2017, 08:43

Thanks again kane, I'm running this mod now excluding PB and its working great!

Can't believe I didn't have this on my forum earlier!!!

I'm asking for any help to somehow run an attachment find and replace URL script in this thread below if anyone can help I would be extremely grateful...

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/show....php?p=2588046
Old 13 Jul 2017, 02:03

I'm in the same boat as everyone else since the photobucket issues. Sadly this mod has been on my todo list for almost a year and I never quite got there

It's now installed and running nicely (excluding photobucket at the moment), although with a shade under 1.1 million posts to trawl through it's going to take a while. I'm on a dedicated box so have pushed it up to 1000 posts per run and it seems to be coping (although I had to disable URL caching as it ran out of memory very quickly).

On the photobucket side there are a range of plugin for Chrome which claim to get around the issue, some are marked as dead already but at lease one is working for me.

While I'm sure that Photobucket will be killing these sorts of work around off as quickly as they can, I do wonder if this sort of approach could be built into this mod, even if it's only short lived, giving us all a chance to pull as many images as we can, while we can.

I have no idea what this would take, but I'd happily put in some $$ for the time it takes to get this up and running.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...alioapbifiaedg

Tags
lisansdevir