Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01 Apr 2004, 18:26

vB Hacks Open

We finally decided to open the doors to www.vbhacks.us Tell me what you guys think. For those who don't know who we are, we're a site dedicated to add-on releases for vBulletin. Take a look around.

Last edited by Logikos; 01 Apr 2004 at 18:31.
Old 01 Apr 2004, 19:15

Very dark skin in my eyes.
also i don't like moseover effects or things like active X popups ^^
Old 01 Apr 2004, 22:59

So what are you offering that vborg or any of the other hacking sites dont? How are you stopping the piriate from downloading and installing hacks on their unlicened forums?

I sorta agree with Xenon, the style is very dark
Old 01 Apr 2004, 23:05

Originally Posted by trafix
So what are you offering that vborg or any of the other hacking sites dont? How are you stopping the piriate from downloading and installing hacks on their unlicened forums?

Header is meh, text deosnt look good.

Overall its not so great, and what trafix said.
Old 01 Apr 2004, 23:10

wheres it say in the LA if he opens a forum and does hacks he must install some sort of system to prevent illegal use of any hacks ?

End of day an admin replied to him and never asked the same question so if you aint staff then basically its none of your business.This is what has been giving this board that rough edge lately where everyone thinks they are in charge when clearly they aint.

If a problem existed im sure Xenon would be quite capable of handling it and even dealing with it.
Old 01 Apr 2004, 23:13

Lasto,

Trafix is a rather nice guy, and his concerns are valid
Old 01 Apr 2004, 23:29

Originally Posted by lasto
wheres it say in the LA if he opens a forum and does hacks he must install some sort of system to prevent illegal use of any hacks ?
Should the LA have to spell that out? NO, prevening illegal use of any hacks should be done out of respect to the developers!

Originally Posted by lasto
End of day an admin replied to him and never asked the same question so if you aint staff then basically its none of your business.This is what has been giving this board that rough edge lately where everyone thinks they are in charge when clearly they aint.

If a problem existed im sure Xenon would be quite capable of handling it and even dealing with it.
Again.... No, Xenon cant make these decisions, however its possible that he has passed on any conserns to jelsoft privatly.
Old 01 Apr 2004, 23:31

People having priated vBulletin boards is none of my conceren. Thats the developers concern (Jelsoft). My only concern is that my board is legit, which it is. So far i have obeyed by the LA and continue to do so.

About the style: I do plan on making a lighter style for the site as well. Im in the middle of making a style now.
Old 01 Apr 2004, 23:38

No disrespect intended, but you clearly were "inspired" by the current set of forums here. Competition with a site of tens of thousands of members was not necessarily the best use of your $160.
Old 01 Apr 2004, 23:42

Originally Posted by filburt1
No disrespect intended, but you clearly were "inspired" by the current set of forums here. Competition with a site of tens of thousands of members was not necessarily the best use of your $160.
Im in no way in competiton with vb.org. I love vb.org and my 2 other boards would be no where with out vb.org. About how i spend my money is really none of your business.

Gotta run for a bit, will be back soon.
Old 02 Apr 2004, 01:24

So what are you offering that vborg or any of the other hacking sites dont?
I would like to comment on that if i may. Our goal at www.vbhacks.us is to create a hacks site driven around the users. We want the users feedback in what they would like to see developed for the site and there ideas in how they would like to see the site run.

We dont feel we should rule like admins do on most other sites. This site is here for the users. We feel that the users should have an extemely important role in what goes on there. We want the users to feel as if this is a site where they can come and be themselfs and get the help they need. We want them to be able to tailor things around them unlike on most sites.
Old 02 Apr 2004, 04:19

Originally Posted by []\[]emesis
I would like to comment on that if i may. Our goal at www.vbhacks.us is to create a hacks site driven around the users. We want the users feedback in what they would like to see developed for the site and there ideas in how they would like to see the site run.

We dont feel we should rule like admins do on most other sites. This site is here for the users. We feel that the users should have an extemely important role in what goes on there. We want the users to feel as if this is a site where they can come and be themselfs and get the help they need. We want them to be able to tailor things around them unlike on most sites.
We dont feel we should rule like admins do on most other sites
There is nothing new or special there. In the last 3 weeks 3 hacking sites have been launched and I have lost track of the amount of hacking sites launched in the last 6 months.

I'm sorry but you have not convinced me or given me any other form of reason for me to register with your site.
Old 02 Apr 2004, 06:11

There is nothing new or special there. In the last 3 weeks 3 hacking sites have been launched and I have lost track of the amount of hacking sites launched in the last 6 months.

I'm sorry but you have not convinced me or given me any other form of reason for me to register with your site.
Well registering on vbhacks.us is completely optional. I would love to see you join. But like i said, 'optional' no harm done if you or anyone eles don't.
Old 02 Apr 2004, 10:47

first of all trafix - a day later i read my post and it does sound like it has attitude but it was`nt meant to so sorry if it did.Maybe i needed to re-word it thats all

but what i meant was if a supermarket opens in town and sells everything - does that mean the small shops cant do business ?

I see your point about piracy etc but its an old one and everyone uses it - lets face it - regardless of what is available out there vb.org will always be the motherboard where everything is posted and support on here is second to none so if smaller boards spring open they aint taking nothing away from here but in my view its still nice to see them.
Also if vb.org never wanted other boards to do hacks im pretty sure they would of included a clause somewhere along the line saying `you may not distribute hacks`.
Old 02 Apr 2004, 13:40

Originally Posted by []\[]emesis
We finally decided to open the doors to www.vbhacks.us Tell me what you guys think. For those who don't know who we are, we're a site dedicated to add-on releases for vBulletin. Take a look around.
I like the idea.
I like the style.
I like the people I've met so far there.

Excellent job!