Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 19 Feb 2017, 18:39
ka99 ka99 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Need support ticket product for 3.8

Hi

I'm looking for a working support ticket system that works with 3.8

found microsupport but there is a problem with the encoding when it sends email to users

also helpcenter didnt work as the product isnt creating the required tables

TIA.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20 Feb 2017, 12:21
Paul M's Avatar
Paul M Paul M is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Real name: Paul M
Dont know of any, but I fixed your title for you.
__________________
Former vBulletin.org Staff Member


Cable Forum
Please do not PM me about custom work - I no longer undertake any.
Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 21 Feb 2017, 08:42
ka99 ka99 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Dont know of any, but I fixed your title for you.
Thanks Paul
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 22 Feb 2017, 06:29
paradoxG(r)eek paradoxG(r)eek is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Real name: Christos
What problem did you found with encoding in emails?
I was using it with Greek characters and it was working fine.

As per your question I don't remember to have seen any other support mod. It was one from the late Lionel but its 2 years now that he past away and the mod was commercial.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 22 Feb 2017, 09:43
ka99 ka99 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek View Post
What problem did you found with encoding in emails?
I was using it with Greek characters and it was working fine.

As per your question I don't remember to have seen any other support mod. It was one from the late Lionel but its 2 years now that he past away and the mod was commercial.
Hi

the product was installed and working, except for the emails which comes strange characters

my forum encoding is windows-1256 (arabic)

Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 22 Feb 2017, 10:32
paradoxG(r)eek paradoxG(r)eek is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Real name: Christos
Can you send me the php file to check it?
The mod is mine but didn't found it here to download and I'm not sure if I've somewhere the vb3 version. I found only the vB4 version.

Edited: Never thought that I had coded so many mods for vB3. Searching to find microsupport I found mods that I've totally forgot them like vbJournal, vbSuggestions, vbTravel etc.

Are you sure that the mod's name is microSupport? Usualy for vB3 I was naming my mods with vB prefix eg vbMates, vbJournal etc. I used micro as prefix in my vB4 mods.

Last edited by paradoxG(r)eek; 22 Feb 2017 at 15:38.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 22 Feb 2017, 16:32
ka99 ka99 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek View Post
Can you send me the php file to check it?
The mod is mine but didn't found it here to download and I'm not sure if I've somewhere the vb3 version. I found only the vB4 version.

Edited: Never thought that I had coded so many mods for vB3. Searching to find microsupport I found mods that I've totally forgot them like vbJournal, vbSuggestions, vbTravel etc.

Are you sure that the mod's name is microSupport? Usualy for vB3 I was naming my mods with vB prefix eg vbMates, vbJournal etc. I used micro as prefix in my vB4 mods.
not sure if its yours or not, I believe prefix doesnt start with vb

I'll double check as I downloaded and tried different ticket systems

Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 22 Feb 2017, 17:51
paradoxG(r)eek paradoxG(r)eek is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Real name: Christos
Originally Posted by ka99 View Post
not sure if its yours or not
It's mine 100%. Actually the prefix "micro" comes from my first username here microHellas
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 23 Feb 2017, 03:49
ka99 ka99 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek View Post
It's mine 100%. Actually the prefix "micro" comes from my first username here microHellas
Ok, here is the file attached, someone translated it and posted it in a forum, I cant find the original one but I'll try to search for it if needed

Thanks a lot
Attached Files
File Type: zip microSUPPORT_Tickets.zip (71.6 KB, 11 views)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 23 Feb 2017, 07:27
paradoxG(r)eek paradoxG(r)eek is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Real name: Christos
Unzip this file and upload support.php to your installation.
Let me know if it works.

Also can you tell me what is this site http://www.nabdh-alm3ani.net/ Have you downloaded it from there?
Attached Files
File Type: zip support.zip (6.6 KB, 7 views)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 23 Feb 2017, 17:31
ka99 ka99 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek View Post
Unzip this file and upload support.php to your installation.
Let me know if it works.

Also can you tell me what is this site http://www.nabdh-alm3ani.net/ Have you downloaded it from there?
No, I dont think I got it from that site, will check the history and get you the url.

Thanks for the file, will try it and let you know

Regards
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 23 Feb 2017, 18:33
paradoxG(r)eek paradoxG(r)eek is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Real name: Christos
Originally Posted by ka99 View Post
No, I dont think I got it from that site, will check the history and get you the url.

Thanks for the file, will try it and let you know

Regards
I'm asking it because I found my copyright link modified. Anyway. I'll wait your feedback but I'm almost sure that it will works. I replaced urf-8 with windows-1256 in 3 instances.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 26 Feb 2017, 17:38
paradoxG(r)eek paradoxG(r)eek is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Real name: Christos
Originally Posted by ka99 View Post
Thanks for the file, will try it and let you know
Regards
My dear, try to be polite and when you ask for help don't forget to come back, not to say "Thank you", but at least to say if the code worked or not.

So, from now on, you don't have the right to blame coders/designers in case that they'll decide to stop supporting the community. It's 3 full days that you got the fix and you didn't respected my time by coming back to say "Yes, it works". While you had the problem active, you were always here to post questions and files.

Last edited by paradoxG(r)eek; 26 Feb 2017 at 17:39. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 26 Feb 2017, 23:45
Paul M's Avatar
Paul M Paul M is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Real name: Paul M
Good grief, a bit needy or what

How do you know hes even tried it yet ?
People have lives outside of their forums you know.

If you expect everyone you give advice to report back to you then you are going to be very disappointed.
__________________
Former vBulletin.org Staff Member


Cable Forum
Please do not PM me about custom work - I no longer undertake any.
Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 27 Feb 2017, 07:26
paradoxG(r)eek paradoxG(r)eek is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Real name: Christos
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
How do you know hes even tried it yet ?
1.- One hour after my post he downloaded it (Views:1). In less than 3 hours the downloads increased to 3. So, at least he downloaded it. Someone who is waiting the file and download it almost immediatelly, he is in rush. Simple logic and I can bet for it.

2.- He regulary visit the site. Last Activity: Yesterday 09:17


Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
People have lives outside of their forums you know.
Me too. But I did a break to try to modify an ancient mod, for a simple reason. I know how frustating is to have somethig working but can't have the correct character encoding in the page. Back to 2000 I spent days of days to make scripts working well with Greek characters.

Originally Posted by Paul M View Post

If you expect everyone you give advice to report back to you then you are going to be very disappointed.
Have been very disappointed LOOOONGGGG time ago Paul. That's why many times in the past I removed my work. It's not about money. Definetelly NOT. It's about respection. Human to Human respection. Very important for me.

Last edited by paradoxG(r)eek; 27 Feb 2017 at 07:34.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:23.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: