Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Whats your most wanted? (u can vote for more than one)
Blog 107 26.95%
Myspace type Hack 113 28.46%
eshop 105 26.45%
CMS 116 29.22%
Something else (please detail) 89 22.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 397. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 10 Oct 2005, 10:55
michaelbenson's Avatar
michaelbenson michaelbenson is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Real name: Michael Benson
Originally Posted by Chris M
You shouldn't need to create multiple parent styles - Create one parent style and make your other styles child-styles of it - By default any custom template added to your parent template will be added to your other child styles

Chris
Take for example, the vbstyles.com Element style. This style comes in two versions, purple and blue, and will contain already edited templates, hence the idea of having either one as a child style will become irrelevant when attempting to make customizations, as for example the postbit template will be uneffected by the parent-child feature; and this is probally the most commonly edited template.

Therefore being able to copy over and replace these custom styles will allow the process of making two edits to essentially the same skin a whole lot easier.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10 Oct 2005, 11:19
Neutral Singh's Avatar
Neutral Singh Neutral Singh is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Real name: Aman Singh
vBPager
Logician's WebTemplates
v3Arcade

Last edited by Neutral Singh; 10 Oct 2005 at 11:22.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10 Oct 2005, 12:45
Chris M's Avatar
Chris M Chris M is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Real name: Chris Murphy, BSc
Originally Posted by michaelbenson
Take for example, the vbstyles.com Element style. This style comes in two versions, purple and blue, and will contain already edited templates, hence the idea of having either one as a child style will become irrelevant when attempting to make customizations, as for example the postbit template will be uneffected by the parent-child feature; and this is probally the most commonly edited template.

Therefore being able to copy over and replace these custom styles will allow the process of making two edits to essentially the same skin a whole lot easier.
The idea is to build them from scratch with one as the Parent and one as the Child style

For commercial skins it may not be the best idea but for others it's a perfectly fine solution...

Chris
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10 Oct 2005, 13:07
Raitsa's Avatar
Raitsa Raitsa is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I would like to start usinga proper, configurable banner ad plugin for Vb3.5.
I dont think there is any out yet?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10 Oct 2005, 15:32
Yorixz Yorixz is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Defeniately the Arcade, I can't wait till it's released so I can "pimp my forum" again
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10 Oct 2005, 16:09
NuclioN's Avatar
NuclioN NuclioN is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Vbpager, sms and user icons (miniavatars)
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11 Oct 2005, 15:25
michaelbenson's Avatar
michaelbenson michaelbenson is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Real name: Michael Benson
Originally Posted by Raitsa
I would like to start usinga proper, configurable banner ad plugin for Vb3.5.
I dont think there is any out yet?
TheGeek is currently working on a commerical version of such a modification. Although it is currently in BETA at the moment, and has yet to be updated to vb 3.5.X, but in my opinion it is the best choice out there and hopefully with some nagging it could be upgraded soon. Currently though i dont think they are many alternatives (if any) for vb 3.5
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11 Oct 2005, 15:35
BrandiDup's Avatar
BrandiDup BrandiDup is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Real name: Brandi
Definitely the Arcade and some sort of MySpace Hack. My members have been asking about both!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11 Oct 2005, 16:04
R1chardYoung R1chardYoung is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Dice
ushop
petz
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 18 Oct 2005, 02:08
Ian Gordon's Avatar
Ian Gordon Ian Gordon is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
I was fiddling with the idea of coming up with a blog management system, I mean vBCMPS offers something like this but, their page creation is fickle and their blog is alright but could use improvement with RSS and standards like trackback and such.

I donno, I am still thinking about it. I might do it.
__________________
Ian Gordon
Ian Gordon Online
http://www.iangordon.us
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 18 Oct 2005, 18:34
Phlex's Avatar
Phlex Phlex is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Originally Posted by Ian Gordon
I was fiddling with the idea of coming up with a blog management system, I mean vBCMPS offers something like this but, their page creation is fickle and their blog is alright but could use improvement with RSS and standards like trackback and such.

I donno, I am still thinking about it. I might do it.
knowledge base
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=98608
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 19 Oct 2005, 04:11
StyleZ cZ StyleZ cZ is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
The myspace mod would be a very good addition. Depending on your forums audience many of the members may already have myspace. I think this would be good for promotion
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 19 Oct 2005, 08:33
BamaStangGuy's Avatar
BamaStangGuy BamaStangGuy is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Real name: Brent Wilson
Myspace + Blog
__________________
Whipp Media | http://www.admin-talk.com/
I buy forums. PM me.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 19 Oct 2005, 17:21
D|ver's Avatar
D|ver D|ver is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
vbpager
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 19 Oct 2005, 19:23
Jenta Jenta is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
vb statistic gets my vote
some in the poll are already out :/
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 21:49.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: