Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
BBR - Welcome Thread Upon Registration Details »
BBR - Welcome Thread Upon Registration
Developer Last Online: Feb 2014 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 4.0.1 Rating: (22 votes - 4.68 average) Installs: 222
Released: 04 Dec 2009 Last Update: 17 Dec 2009 Downloads: 874
Not Supported Uses Plugins  

I will no longer support vBulletin because of IB and the agile development, and they are not fixing bugs like they should. Instead they add bloat.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	wpor.PNG
Views:	2080
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	107143   Click image for larger version

Name:	wpor2.PNG
Views:	1936
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	107144  

Show Your Support

• If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
New Posting Features Welcome Thread Upon Registration powerful_rogue vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 221 22 Sep 2014 15:06
Welcome thread on registration macooper vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 59 15 Dec 2010 16:46

Old 16 Jan 2010, 17:08

i have a problem with the usernames being messed up if they include &..

i<3nathan has joined!
Welcome i<3nathan, Glad you have joined!
Any ideas? this is annoying and users dont recognize their own username
Old 16 Jan 2010, 23:08

It doesn't work for me with pl1, I tried it and when I click on registration verification link I get a database error. The same entering in the code. Uninstalled registration link is fine. Uninstalled.
Old 16 Jan 2010, 23:12

Originally Posted by trick2008 View Post
i have a problem with the usernames being messed up if they include &..

Any ideas? this is annoying and users dont recognize their own username
Please pm me the link to your site welcome forum. Also send em screen shots of the admincp settings for this mod..

Originally Posted by chingon View Post
It doesn't work for me with pl1, I tried it and when I click on registration verification link I get a database error. The same entering in the code. Uninstalled registration link is fine. Uninstalled.
First off upgrade to 4.0.1
Would be nice if you suppled some more details. How can I help you get it working if you do not tell me the error.

For every one else I will be releasing a update for this tomorrow morning will fix all errors but will require manual edit.

Right now I am off to watch the Ravens play the Colts.

Go Ravens
Old 16 Jan 2010, 23:29

Besides the welcome unregistered this is working fine. Oh and the ability to use html markup on the name.
Old 16 Jan 2010, 23:31

Originally Posted by Charlie98902 View Post
Besides the welcome unregistered this is working fine. Oh and the ability to use html markup on the name.
The Welcome unregistered will be fixed with a manual edit. It already works on my copy.

I am looking to the html markup on the username. I should be able to add that fairly easy.
Old 16 Jan 2010, 23:46

Sorry, brain fart, I am on 4.0.1 since the day it was released. I forget the error but I don't need help getting it going as I uninstalled it, thanks anyway.
Old 17 Jan 2010, 04:09

Sorry, brain fart, I am on 4.0.1 since the day it was released. I forget the error but I don't need help getting it going as I uninstalled it, thanks anyway.
Thats fine with me.
Old 19 Jan 2010, 18:20

Thanks this is a great idea and I figured out the problem and I reinstalled it but some of the new posts say hello unregistered instead of the users name and several times it has made a welcome post for people that have been registered for a while. Ant ideas? I have it set to post after email activation. Thanks.
Old 19 Jan 2010, 18:38

Thanks this is a great idea and I figured out the problem and I reinstalled it but some of the new posts say hello unregistered instead of the users name and several times it has made a welcome post for people that have been registered for a while. Ant ideas? I have it set to post after email activation. Thanks.
Known Bugs:
Multiple welcome post if you have it set to post the welcome thread after email activation. There is no known fix for this it happens when a user refreshes the activation page. If vBulletin would add another hook it would fix this error. I have to use register_activate_start but I should use register_activate_complete.

Will be posting a update soon. I am almost done with my personal site, Which I have to put first. But I will be updating this real soon.
Old 19 Jan 2010, 18:58

Nice mod. I haven't tried yet, but I was wondering if this mod will allow me to add some code to the Thread Content boxes like:

if field1!="" { <br><br><font color="gold">RL Name: </font> $field1; }
if field2!="" { <br><br><font color="gold">Game Name: </font> $field2; } etc.

I plan to force new users to fill out certain profile fields and then use this mod to add it to their welcome thread. If it can't be done in the thread content boxes, I'll figure out how to do it in the code.

Thanks.
Old 19 Jan 2010, 19:42

Thank you
Old 20 Jan 2010, 13:17

Originally Posted by BBR-APBT View Post
Known Bugs:
Multiple welcome post if you have it set to post the welcome thread after email activation. There is no known fix for this it happens when a user refreshes the activation page. If vBulletin would add another hook it would fix this error. I have to use register_activate_start but I should use register_activate_complete.

Will be posting a update soon. I am almost done with my personal site, Which I have to put first. But I will be updating this real soon.
Thanks for the reply, I will set it to post upon registration instead for now but for knowledge I am not having problems with it posting double at that moment but several welcome threads have popped up maybe a month after they activated their account and abour 50% of the welcome threads say welcome "unregistered" instead of the users name. Any idea what would cause that?
Old 21 Jan 2010, 15:31

I just had one say "unregistered" as well. :/
Old 22 Jan 2010, 15:37

Originally Posted by eng muhamed View Post
خطأ XML: Internal error في السطر 213
fixed

مشكور اخي محمد الله يوفقك
Old 24 Jan 2010, 03:46

Plzzz BBR-APBT

can you add some line in sem 1st post to let new user about the thread wher is welcome ??

e.x

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

in postbit andr his 1st post