Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Mod Options
  #1  
Old 21 Jun 2005, 14:05
Chris M's Avatar
Chris M Chris M is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Real name: Chris Murphy, BSc
Discussion: vBindex for vBulletin 3.5

If you wish to discuss this announcement, please do so in this thread

Satan
Comments
  #2  
Old 21 Jun 2005, 16:15
noppid noppid is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
I too use this portal. I like it for it's simplicity. I suspect it can be converted for use in less then 30 minutes. If the author or yourslef pick it back up, great though. I'm planning on using it either way.
__________________
Add a photo gallery garage to your auto forum and get noticed by your members. Find out how at the vBulletin Computer Help Forum.
An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.
  #3  
Old 22 Jun 2005, 12:45
Chris M's Avatar
Chris M Chris M is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Real name: Chris Murphy, BSc
Yeh converting it shouldn't take long

I would just rather wait and see if NTLDR is going to come back and take over, or if he is going to let me take it over

Satan
  #4  
Old 12 Jul 2005, 01:09
ZGeek ZGeek is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
vbindex is the best addon for vbulletin. I do hope it is continued.
__________________
http://www.zgeek.com
  #5  
Old 14 Jul 2005, 16:54
Macindy Macindy is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Originally Posted by ZGeek
vbindex is the best addon for vbulletin. I do hope it is continued.
Please make a update - I won't update to 3.5 without Vbindex
  #6  
Old 26 Jul 2005, 05:38
ZGeek ZGeek is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Any word?
__________________
http://www.zgeek.com
  #7  
Old 31 Jul 2005, 21:54
harry1951's Avatar
harry1951 harry1951 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Real name: surpise......Harry :-)
Where can I find this addon?
  #8  
Old 18 Aug 2005, 17:04
Joe Gronlund's Avatar
Joe Gronlund Joe Gronlund is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Real name: Joe Gronlund
Question

Chris can you port it over?

I really dont think NTLDR is coming back, its been a long time since this thread was started, and we are all very anxious to get vbindex going on our sites, as vbulletin 3.5.0 is nearing GOLD status..
  #9  
Old 09 Sep 2005, 17:36
Meltingfire's Avatar
Meltingfire Meltingfire is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Originally Posted by Joe Gronlund
Chris can you port it over?

I really dont think NTLDR is coming back, its been a long time since this thread was started, and we are all very anxious to get vbindex going on our sites, as vbulletin 3.5.0 is nearing GOLD status..
How is it going? RC3 has been released and stable is coming closer every day. We are alot of people that need vBindex.
  #10  
Old 15 Sep 2005, 00:12
Chris M's Avatar
Chris M Chris M is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Real name: Chris Murphy, BSc
vBindex 3.5 is in production by NTLDR - I can't reveal alot more other than it will be alot better than 3.0

Shouldn't be long for a release, probably mid-October is a fair estimate

Satan
  #11  
Old 15 Sep 2005, 01:35
Meltingfire's Avatar
Meltingfire Meltingfire is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Originally Posted by hellsatan
vBindex 3.5 is in production by NTLDR - I can't reveal alot more other than it will be alot better than 3.0

Shouldn't be long for a release, probably mid-October is a fair estimate

Satan
Sounds great! I hade evil thought about uninstalling vBindex and installing vbadvanced since i paniced and need a frontend.
  #12  
Old 30 Sep 2005, 07:28
Zhin Jio's Avatar
Zhin Jio Zhin Jio is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Talking Can't wait

ping.

I won't upgrade vbulletin without this, so I'm anxiously awaiting release. Thread subscribed.

Even the occasional update with "getting closer now" or "grease the skids, she's coming in" or something to keep me (us) teased would be cool.

Further, I'd happily help beta test. Let me know if such assistance is required/desired.

Regards,
- zj
__________________

Computer Specialist, Geo Joergsson, LLC

Last edited by Zhin Jio; 30 Sep 2005 at 08:15.
  #13  
Old 30 Sep 2005, 23:21
Meltingfire's Avatar
Meltingfire Meltingfire is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Originally Posted by Zhin Jio
ping.

I won't upgrade vbulletin without this, so I'm anxiously awaiting release. Thread subscribed.

Even the occasional update with "getting closer now" or "grease the skids, she's coming in" or something to keep me (us) teased would be cool.

Further, I'd happily help beta test. Let me know if such assistance is required/desired.

Regards,
- zj
Dont take me wrong now, and i dont want to make any bad PR for vBindex. I have been running vBindex for 2 years now i think since vB 2 probably and i like it very much!

When 3.5 was released i was in big need for a 3.5 release and since there was no vBindex out i took a decission to change to vBadvanced.

Here is what i did and how it went:

First backup everything "as is", both DB and HTML-directory so if anything goes wrong you can revert in less then 5min. Save your styles and lang as XML just in case. Then i saved all modified styles i used in vBindex as txt-files just in case. Take a printscreen of how your vBindex looks at the moment.

Uninstalled vB (uninstaller isnt perfect by the way, there is a % missing in a "SELECT ... LIKE LCASE('vbindex%')" that wont remove styles if not % is in place, but after that it went smooth.

Uppgraded to vBulletin 3.5, then installed vBadvanced CMPS 2.0.0.
fixed all styles, etc, took in total 7h from start to finish to get it like i wanted it.

Must say that vBadvanced is far more advanced then vBindex when it comes to handling "boxes", all boxes can be left, right, center, adding boxes is even smoother then vBindex, but the thing i loved most was that it replaces "forum"-links automaticly in header, footer, and navbar to point right when you are at the front page so you dont need to have a header/footer/navbar for both forum and vBindex and dont have to edit javascripts, pm_popup, etc to work from both portal and forum.
The less styles i have to "merge/update" manually at a forum-upgrade the better for me, so i must say that this is a big plus.

Well thats my thought.
  #14  
Old 10 Oct 2005, 18:59
Code Monkey's Avatar
Code Monkey Code Monkey is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
I have been playing with vBaCMPS and vB_Drupal. NTLDR is just too long gone for my sites to rely on.
  #15  
Old 12 Oct 2005, 23:24
Chris M's Avatar
Chris M Chris M is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Real name: Chris Murphy, BSc
Originally Posted by Meltingfire
Dont take me wrong now, and i dont want to make any bad PR for vBindex. I have been running vBindex for 2 years now i think since vB 2 probably and i like it very much!

When 3.5 was released i was in big need for a 3.5 release and since there was no vBindex out i took a decission to change to vBadvanced.

Here is what i did and how it went:

First backup everything "as is", both DB and HTML-directory so if anything goes wrong you can revert in less then 5min. Save your styles and lang as XML just in case. Then i saved all modified styles i used in vBindex as txt-files just in case. Take a printscreen of how your vBindex looks at the moment.

Uninstalled vB (uninstaller isnt perfect by the way, there is a % missing in a "SELECT ... LIKE LCASE('vbindex%')" that wont remove styles if not % is in place, but after that it went smooth.

Uppgraded to vBulletin 3.5, then installed vBadvanced CMPS 2.0.0.
fixed all styles, etc, took in total 7h from start to finish to get it like i wanted it.

Must say that vBadvanced is far more advanced then vBindex when it comes to handling "boxes", all boxes can be left, right, center, adding boxes is even smoother then vBindex, but the thing i loved most was that it replaces "forum"-links automaticly in header, footer, and navbar to point right when you are at the front page so you dont need to have a header/footer/navbar for both forum and vBindex and dont have to edit javascripts, pm_popup, etc to work from both portal and forum.
The less styles i have to "merge/update" manually at a forum-upgrade the better for me, so i must say that this is a big plus.

Well thats my thought.
We have taken vBadvanced's attention to those little details to heart during our 3.5 planning stage and I can assure you that the annoying interface for column control has been replaced with a more advanced and somewhat rival system to that of vBa's, and headers/footers/navbars and other duplicate templates have been removed (or so I can see from the template structure) to use vB's default templates

Chris
 

Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
news2vb - Moreover news headlines to vBulletin discussion thread Cloud-Warrior vBulletin 3.0 Beta Releases 26 22 Aug 2005 09:46
news2vb - Moreover news headlines to vBulletin discussion thread Cloud-Warrior vBulletin 2.x Full Releases 42 29 Mar 2003 09:14



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:03.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: