Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would you buy ibProArcade Branding Free Option for 50$ ?
Yes, have been waiting for that 26 52.00%
No, I prefer a Donation for the Arcade itself and keep the Copyright-Notice in the Footer 24 48.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Mod Options
Old 03 Apr 2006, 18:10

Branding Free Option ?

I just want to know if anybody is interested in a Branding Free Option to be sold ... Costs would be 50$ per License (for one vBulletin-Installation)

Of course ibProArcade itself will remain completely free, no "premium support", no exclusive access to "beta-releases" or anything like that you have to pay for
Comments
Old 20 Apr 2006, 21:10

I really don't see something beneficial from a brand free option. Just leave it the way it is
Old 25 Apr 2006, 18:22

I'd do branding free, but $50 is way too high for an addon.
Old 29 Jun 2006, 18:43

Originally Posted by RetroDreams
I'd do branding free, but $50 is way too high for an addon.
I agree that maybe $25 -$35 is more what I would suggest. As far as the "too high for an add-on". I think it's an awesome hack whatever it is and feel that $ should be made on it. Excellent job.
Old 29 Jun 2006, 21:09

Yeah maybe 30 dollars would be fair.
Old 30 Jun 2006, 06:43

It would be 25$ for me and 25$ for Chris Kelly, who did the original ibProArcade.

We both agreed to that - he offered Branding-Free for ibProArcade for InvisionBoard for 50$ and we would split this for the vBulletin-Version
Old 30 Jun 2006, 08:45

Oh I see. Well just remember that v3arcade asks for more than 50 dollars guys and that arcade is very slow in progression etc.
Old 30 Jun 2006, 11:06

Originally Posted by MrZeropage
It would be 25$ for me and 25$ for Chris Kelly, who did the original ibProArcade.

We both agreed to that - he offered Branding-Free for ibProArcade for InvisionBoard for 50$ and we would split this for the vBulletin-Version

Hi Marcel,

I Presume That You Would Take vbBux Payments............
Old 30 Jun 2006, 12:11

*lol*

good point, Feckie
Old 04 Jul 2006, 20:32

Which is why some mboards are swaping v3arcade out for IBpro. A major satelitte forum just did that.

On payments, how about $5 down and $5 month for 50 months! :banana: Send 25 to Chris and keep the rest!

Originally Posted by ---MAD---
Oh I see. Well just remember that v3arcade asks for more than 50 dollars guys and that arcade is very slow in progression etc.
Old 05 Jul 2006, 09:27

Anybody who wants "Branding Free" may contact me via PM - price is 50$ for one installation, one site, one url.

I won't do things like 5$ a month ect. as this is a FREE MODIFICATION
Old 05 Jul 2006, 10:41

Originally Posted by KimmiKat
Which is why some mboards are swaping v3arcade out for IBpro. A major satelitte forum just did that.

On payments, how about $5 down and $5 month for 50 months! :banana: Send 25 to Chris and keep the rest!
Because this arcade offers outstanding support and new versions much faster with less bugs (if any at all )
Old 07 Jul 2006, 21:22

i would pay the branding free option though i'm strapped for cash at the moment, though i'm in search of games for the arcade as ones from IBProarcade sometimes do not work.

but yeah when i get enough i'll buy the branding free.
Old 12 Jul 2006, 08:44

Originally Posted by MrZeropage

Originally Posted by ---MAD---
Oh I see. Well just remember that v3arcade asks for more than 50 dollars guys
Originally Posted by KimmiKat
Zero, do yourself, Chris and all of us a favor by renegotiating that deal. It's pretty clear to me that you will make much more money overall by halving the price. Branding-free is not a must-have purchase and 50$ simply feels wrong; my guess is that pitching it that high will be enough to deter most potential customers.

This is the Software Pricing Paradox. The fact that Chris charged $50 for the IB Branding-Free doesn't mean he got it right in that case, chances are he would have made a lot more there too by charging half as much. As KimmiKat correctly points out, the pricing of v3arcade is also irrelevant. If you want to maximize the return on your work, you've got to get the pricing right for the audience you've got.

How about this idea: hop on the wave of interest and new VB installations that will be spurred by VB 3.6 going gold and offer a limited-time, summer special of $30 (which seems to be, by consensus, a fair price-point). I think that both Chris and yourself will be surprised at how much more money you'll make.
Old 12 Jul 2006, 15:29

ibProArcade was and still is not intented for making money

Surely some lower price would increase selling such feature, but I always was good-friend with Chris (who finally made this vBulletin-Arcade possible!) and won't spoil it with cheating on him or breaking our deal.

By now I won't change anything, but I will think about talking to Chris about an alternative... ok ?