Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19 Jul 2014, 16:45

Originally Posted by borbole View Post
Whereas xenforo on the other hand, has never had a security issue during all its years of existance. That speaks volumes.
Wrong as a matter of fact, I reported when using XenForo (search XenForo for the thread their, if they have not deleted it since) that I created. How two files got code injected in them (same hacking code listed on paste bin searching google on it) because XenForo after installing made config and another file 777 chmod permission, which lead to the hacking. I didn't change chmod to 777, XenForo did it after install, only forum software I've used that makes files 777 chmod after installing it.

So your assumption that no site using XenForo has ever been hacked, well is wrong. And that's the first and only time I've ever had a forum run (or any site run) hacked. It may not be an exploit in the forum software itself, but the installer sure left my forum wide open because of that silly 777 chmod forced on some files used by it.

Originally Posted by Brandon Sheley View Post
I never said they did.. But it's a lot more welcoming and actually pleasant to use since they upgraded.
Not sure I agree, after they converted from vB3 to XF it's been quite noticeable a lot more XF users have started to post their that didn't before, even become pretty vocal posters. Most topics posted about XF get deleted or censored to death (posts deleted) in defence of XenForo. While it seems bashing of all other forum software gets a much easier ride with less moderation. Seen the latest topic bashing Burning Board posted on TAZ... you'll get my meaning, and funny how that topic has been allowed to run like it has (because XenForo got brought into it, saying BB4 is a clone of it). However, go start a thread bashing XenForo and see what happens to it, how quick they are to start deleting posts in it, along with banning you from the thread itself from posting further in it.

Don't mind the fact people may be disappointed in vBulletin and air it their on TAZ. But when a site takes sides on forum software like TAZ does, then that's different if they can't accept it being done with them all.

Last edited by MRGTB; 19 Jul 2014 at 17:30.
Old 19 Jul 2014, 21:53

Aha...Gary....I thought we'd meet again, somewhere, sooner or later.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 21:23

If anyone else has any threads they need killing off, drop me a PM....I'll post to the thread, and I guarantee nobody will ever reply to it again.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 21:50

Originally Posted by Mark.B View Post
If anyone else has any threads they need killing off, drop me a PM....I'll post to the thread, and I guarantee nobody will ever reply to it again.
Thread assassin!

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Old 21 Jul 2014, 21:52

Originally Posted by RichieBoy67 View Post
Thread assassin!
Yup, that's me.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 09:25

Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Well its "years of existance" have not been that many yet.

People used to say exactly the same about Linux v Windows.
As it grows and becomes widely knowm, its only a matter of time before the hackers start to target it.
3 years is quite a lot of time. But what is happening with vb 5 btw?

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-through-5-1-2
Old 25 Jul 2014, 15:05

Please dont post exagerations here. Two together does not equal a "weekly basis".
If you are going to post the usual nosense then feel free to do so to TAZ, or any of the other places that the trolls hang out.

Cable Forum
Please do not PM me about custom work - I no longer undertake any.
Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 17:46

Originally Posted by Mark.B View Post
This man does it right at least... the rest of you always forget the smilies... kill them with kindnes... err I mean SMILIES!

Search - Use the search feature to find similar issues/answers.
Information - Include screenshots, copy/pasted error codes, url etc.
Fixed - Please return to your thread/post and let us know how it was fixed!
Thanks - For participating! Click the "Like" on a post if someone helped you!
Old 25 Jul 2014, 19:43

Please dont post exagerations here. Two together does not equal a "weekly basis".
If you are going to post the usual nosense then feel free to do so to TAZ, or any of the other places that the trolls hang out.
Paul, I am not posting nonsense nor am I exaggerating anything. I am merely stating facts. vB 5 released 2 security patches the last 2 weeks 6 days apart. If that does not classify a weekly basis then I don''t know what does.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 20:06

A weekly basis suggests every single week of the year.

As always, vBulletin takes security seriously and if a patch is deemed to be required, one is released, six days apart or not. I applaud this.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 22:27

Cool

Paul, I am not posting nonsense nor am I exaggerating anything. I am merely stating facts. vB 5 released 2 security patches the last 2 weeks 6 days apart. If that does not classify a weekly basis then I don''t know what does.
However if only a one-time or even lets say for example it happened twice it's still rare and therefor does not constitute a "weekly basis" as that would be ongoing as that's what "weekly basis" relates to in meaning respectively.

Search - Use the search feature to find similar issues/answers.
Information - Include screenshots, copy/pasted error codes, url etc.
Fixed - Please return to your thread/post and let us know how it was fixed!
Thanks - For participating! Click the "Like" on a post if someone helped you!
Old 26 Jul 2014, 13:21

If that does not classify a weekly basis then I don''t know what does.
Clearly you dont.

A weekly basis means something happens [once] every week.

Cable Forum
Please do not PM me about custom work - I no longer undertake any.
Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Old 30 Jul 2014, 12:57

Originally Posted by Brandon Sheley View Post
I 100% agree and it's something the costumers have been saying for years now.

I never said they did.. But it's a lot more welcoming and actually pleasant to use since they upgraded.
Anyone who considers XF an upgrade from VB3 needs to see a psycologist.

As it turns out, they appear to be having problems with custom code they had with VB3 and getting it to work with XF. They are also having to implement things that Howard said they never would in order to attract and keep posters, since changing to XF, after the initial surge the daily post count has dropped significantly, partly due to posters not liking the change, and partly due to every thread digressing into bashing VB and IB.
Old 02 Aug 2014, 09:12

A weekly basis means something happens [once] every week.
Which is the case for the last 3 weeks.

This week 's.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-connect-5-1-2

Something such ridiculous I have seen only with vB. Not even the free scripts have had this kind of issue with security.
Old 02 Aug 2014, 11:19

Ohh good grief, call Jessie Ventura, it's a conspiracy.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.