Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Old 08 Jun 2006, 17:46

Compatible with 3.6?

I know that 3.6 Beta was just released yesterday, MrZeroPage... but have you had a chance yet to determine if ibProArcade is compatible with 3.6 as it is? Or are modifications/upgrades/updates/template changes/etc going to need to be made?
Comments
Old 08 Jun 2006, 19:06

ibProArcade is currently designed to have only one Template and very few phrases, everything else is done via skin- and language-files.
It will be compatible, I am sure, but I had no time yet to test it
Old 08 Jun 2006, 19:20

sounds like both arcades should work.. yeah

Email me for website help: brandon[at]sheley[dot]org
Old 09 Jun 2006, 19:48

It works with 3.6.
Old 14 Jun 2006, 02:16

I upgraded my mboard to 3.6 and the arcade works fine, no error messages.
Old 14 Jun 2006, 03:24

It's working fine on 3.6.0 beta 2 here

My Sites: peterska2.co.uk Super Clickers World News Zone English Football League Popular Usenet Groups
Do NOT PM or email me for Support or Modification Requests - No Exceptions!!
I do NOT do custom requests. Do not ask for them. - No Exceptions!!
Old 15 Jun 2006, 01:04

Even though the arcade.php is there, it doesn't seem to load up for some reason:

http://www.tokyo-nights.com/forum/arcade.php

Any ideas?
Old 15 Jun 2006, 01:59

Originally Posted by Omega Prime
Even though the arcade.php is there, it doesn't seem to load up for some reason:

Any ideas?
The arcade template is missing !
Old 15 Jun 2006, 03:35

Originally Posted by TTG
The arcade template is missing !
That was the first thing I checked and it's still there. As a double-check, I reimported the xml (setting it to "overwrite"), yet the result is the same.
Old 16 Jun 2006, 19:34

Worked fine on both betas for me
Old 16 Jun 2006, 19:36

That was the first thing I checked and it's still there. As a double-check, I reimported the xml (setting it to "overwrite"), yet the result is the same.
Do a hard refresh (CTRL + F5) as your arcade is working fine here.

My Sites: peterska2.co.uk Super Clickers World News Zone English Football League Popular Usenet Groups
Do NOT PM or email me for Support or Modification Requests - No Exceptions!!
I do NOT do custom requests. Do not ask for them. - No Exceptions!!
Old 16 Jun 2006, 19:39

Originally Posted by peterska2
Do a hard refresh (CTRL + F5) as your arcade is working fine here.
As noted here, the reason for that is because I'm using v3arcade. I'm hoping that perhaps an upgrade or something can be released since, as I said, reuploading, reinstalling the product, checking the template, etc. doesn't seem to work (the same goes with the gallery I have installed).
Old 16 Jun 2006, 22:17

mabe theres another plug in that interferes. Are you using VBadvanced?
Old 18 Jun 2006, 11:53

As noted here, the reason for that is because I'm using v3arcade. I'm hoping that perhaps an upgrade or something can be released since, as I said, reuploading, reinstalling the product, checking the template, etc. doesn't seem to work (the same goes with the gallery I have installed).
Both v3Arcade and ibPro Arcade use the same file names for 2 files and IIRC the same names for some conditionals. I went thriough and tried hacking one so that both would run concurrently, but in the end even though I did get both to work alongside each other, despite my best efforts the hacked one (v3Arcade) did not store game results in the mySQL, so I eventually ripped it out and now run only ibPro Arcade.

I did leave a request for a hack to cure the problem, but noone was interested; and I can't find the ommission in my own efforts causing the lack of SQL storage, plus I have too much other work at this time, so I gave up on it.
Old 20 Jun 2006, 19:23

Originally Posted by Tim Skellett
Both v3Arcade and ibPro Arcade use the same file names for 2 files and IIRC the same names for some conditionals. I went thriough and tried hacking one so that both would run concurrently, but in the end even though I did get both to work alongside each other, despite my best efforts the hacked one (v3Arcade) did not store game results in the mySQL, so I eventually ripped it out and now run only ibPro Arcade.

I did leave a request for a hack to cure the problem, but noone was interested; and I can't find the ommission in my own efforts causing the lack of SQL storage, plus I have too much other work at this time, so I gave up on it.
I have both running side by side.

The only thing that doesn't work is that you can't run ibpro games on the v3 install due to a plug in conflict. But since both arcades are running you wouldn't need to!

From memory it was a matter of changing all references to arcade and arcade.php (in ibproarcade) to ibproarcade and ibproarcade.php. Then there's a bit of THIS_SCRIPT conditional trickery in the ARCADE template. Or something like that anyway.

The SQL shouldn't be a problem since the two arcades use totally different database table names.

Any ideas?
If I were you I'd get that Miniclip Snake game removed...Miniclip don't allow any of their games to be used on arcades in this way.

Last edited by Mark.B; 20 Jun 2006 at 19:26. Reason: Automerged Doublepost