Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Envolve Chat Integration Module Details »
Envolve Chat Integration Module
Developer Last Online: Nov 2011 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (16 votes - 4.69 average) Installs: 83
Released: 18 Dec 2010 Last Update: 13 Jul 2011 Downloads: 664
Not Supported Uses Plugins Additional Files Re-usable Code Translations External Content  

About the Envolve Chat Plugin
This module will connect your vBulletin forum to Envolve chat. Envolve is a chat toolbar similar to Facebook's chat bar that allows your users to have group and one-on-one chats with each other while browsing your forums.

This mod requires an API key from Envolve in order to function. Visit http://www.envolve.com to get one. A free version is available that provides a full feature set for up to 25 concurrent users. Higher numbers of chatters require a paid account.

This mod integrates your forum's account system with Envolve so that when users are logged into your vBulletin site it also logs them into the chat. In addition, it integrates your profile pictures / avatars and profile information. With the 2.0 release of the mod, other users can now view your profile information and get a link to your profile simply by placing their mouse over your name.

The Envolve chat system is a rich solution for community chat. Some of its features include group chat (both public and private), one-on-one chat, the ability to pop chats out into their own windows, moderation controls (boot / block / ban / timed ban), chat message translation, resizable chat windows, chat sharing, and drag-and-drop chat invitations. As a hosted solution, all chat traffic is handled by Envolve's servers and will not place any additional load on your server.

Installation:
Detailed installation instructions can be found here:
https://www.envolve.com/docs/vbulletin-chat-plugin.html. They are also provided in the Readme.txt file.
You can see and try out the chat at http://www.envolve.com.

This version of the mod will work for both vBulletin 4.x and vBulletin 3.8.x.

Screenshots:
Here the "People List" can be seen open in the lower right hand corner of the page. This shows all users who are currently viewing the forum. This site owner has chosen to only allow logged-in users to chat.

Here a public group chat has been opened, and the user has moused-over another user to see his profile information.

Here a user is creating a new group chat that will be shown to the other users on the site. He has also "popped-out" the "General" chat into its own window.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Chat Modifications [Free Chat]vBulletin Chat Module by 123 Flash Chat topcmm vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 25 29 Dec 2013 18:55

Old 10 Jun 2012, 07:28

Just installed this on a 3.8.6 site, going with the free option for now. So far so good over at gridironfans.com.
Old 27 Jun 2012, 11:20

Hello,

the Envolve Chat is not displayed on VBAdvanced? Why?
Old 27 Jun 2012, 21:15

hi how can u hide the new chat an general chat i wanna leave just person here.. please any idea thx
Old 27 Jun 2012, 21:25

never mind dont like it unistalled not safe for me dont like it
Old 06 Jul 2012, 12:25

I enabled this again to see if it had improved. immediately slowed the site down to a snails pace. Is it really only me that gets this experiance?
Old 23 Aug 2012, 22:24

Very very nice! Wish it wasn't so expensive for 25 users though.
Old 23 Aug 2012, 22:33

very nice!thank you
Old 29 Jan 2013, 09:54

hi am having an error on the site as the site administrator

Page transitions that error:

you have been from banned that chat
Old 16 May 2013, 04:27

Anyone have issues with the chat disappearing on the forum main page? At times you go to the site and hit the forum main page, the envolve chat doesn't show. Then I go to another section of the site, like arcade for example, it shows. Then go back to forum main page and its there. Another admin on our site using google says to get it to show to her on the forum main page, she logs out, then back on, then she can see the envolve chat.
Old 14 Jun 2013, 00:17

After messing with the codes I figured out how to change the "dark" text input box for custom skins.

Go to: -> AdminCP -> Style Manager -> Edit Template (select custom template) -> CSS Templates and edit "additional.css"

Add the following code to the bottom of additional.css

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Old 10 Jul 2013, 16:11

Originally Posted by MagiKelly View Post
I enabled this again to see if it had improved. immediately slowed the site down to a snails pace. Is it really only me that gets this experiance?
I have not noticed any slowing down at all, it shouldn't slow your site down at all since it is hosted by them.
Old 10 Jul 2013, 17:28

Originally Posted by Alfa1 View Post
Too bad that this is hosted only. It looks nice and I would consider it for my big board. I have around 200 chatters simultaneously. But there is no way that I would use hosted chat.
I know this is an old post, but having a hosted chat solution is much better than having the chat system hosted on your own servers.
Old 02 Nov 2013, 18:45

So can we only enable it for people with more than XXX posts?

█ The biggest and best hosting forum in Europe!
Old 08 Feb 2014, 10:40

Hey Friends my friend have some issue to got API key from their website. currently they are facing the following issue

This site is currently restricted to 25 concurrent users. You must upgrade to increase this limit or to remove Envolve's branding from your site.

anyone guide us about this please?

can't see ozzy here? can u help me dear?
Old 08 Feb 2014, 12:09

As stated in the first post:

This mod requires an API key from Envolve in order to function. Visit http://www.envolve.com to get one. A free version is available that provides a full feature set for up to 25 concurrent users. Higher numbers of chatters require a paid account.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.