Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Cel User Always Online Details »
Cel User Always Online
Developer Last Online: Oct 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.2.x Rating: (4 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 20
Released: 13 Mar 2014 Last Update: 14 Mar 2014 Downloads: 122
Not Supported Uses Plugins Additional Files Translations  

What does it do?
This addon simply lets you define one or several users (or usergroups) that will be always shown as online in the Who's Online section and other parts of the forum.

How does it work?
It adds a cron job that updates the last activity entry in the session table for the given users. It is set to run every ten minutes. If your session length is shorter, you will need to adapt the cron job. (You can check your session timeout at AdminCP->Settings->Options->Cookies and HTTP Header Options, it needs to be more than 600, 900 is default).

How to install
Just download, upload the contents of the UPLOAD folder to your forum root, and import the product file of the addon. Then go to AdminCP->Settings->Options and enter the userid(s) of the users (or usergroup ids) you want to be always online in the Cel User Always Online section. Then the users need to log in once manually, to get things started.

Other versions of vB?
This addon should work with every Version of vB4, and most likely on vB3, too (not tested).

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Old 17 Mar 2014, 23:08

They did not log out just close the browser it did show them online for a few mins after this
Old 17 Mar 2014, 23:40

Originally Posted by ForceHSS View Post
Removed again as after a while it seems to remove members from the who's online list. So after they logged in the cron ran they log out after a few mins it removes there name from the list
No offense, but if a user wants to be shown as online all the time, logging out is a somewhat counterproductive. What do you expect this addon to do - magically log that user in again, when they choose to log out?

http://www.roma-antiqua.de
Old 17 Mar 2014, 23:49

They did not log out just close the browser it did show them online for a few mins after this
Then either your cronjob does not work for any reason or you don't have enough visitors to trigger the cron. Is this a testboard?

I positively can keep users active for hours, if a) the cron runs correctly and b) the session is not destroyed by logging out.

Old 17 Mar 2014, 23:53

Its a live site and no idea why it does not work.
Old 18 Mar 2014, 08:00

I've got a similar problem.

I've got 1 user who is shown online on Forumhome and his Profile page, but not on Who is online list.

The problem is that, when I was online on forum, this user showed up on who is online list for hours (even though I've closed his browser), but when I turned off my computer (without loggin out) and went to sleep, he (according to my friends) froze on who is online list. But, he was still showing online on forumhome and profil page in ten minutes' periods.

After I restarted my computer and opened my forum page, he didn't return to who is online list, but still active on these two pages.

I've no idea. Did I screw something up?
Old 18 Mar 2014, 10:22

I'll look into how Who's online compiles the list in comparison to the forumhome display when I get the chance.

Old 18 Mar 2014, 12:17

Originally Posted by cellarius View Post
I'll look into how Who's online compiles the list in comparison to the forumhome display when I get the chance.
Thank you very much. It will be appreciated.
Old 18 Mar 2014, 21:27

Hi ged, I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce this or trace what the issue could be. I still have it running smoothless on my testboard, even with no user active at all (i.e. main browser closed, auto page refreshs for the cron in a different browser as a guest). :-(

Old 18 Mar 2014, 22:53

Doesn't work on 4.2.1
Old 18 Mar 2014, 22:58

Originally Posted by AK47- View Post
Doesn't work on 4.2.1
In what way did it not work for you. Did you get an error message.
Old 18 Mar 2014, 23:02

In what way did it not work for you. Did you get an error message.

if i have eg 4 users online. I chose usergroup eg 6 no change to user online at the bottom of the forum
Old 18 Mar 2014, 23:06

Did you run the cron manually
Old 18 Mar 2014, 23:06

Originally Posted by AK47- View Post
if i have eg 4 users online. I chose usergroup eg 6 no change to user online at the bottom of the forum
Well - what do you expect to happen? Have you read and followed the instructions?

Old 19 Mar 2014, 09:42

Originally Posted by cellarius View Post
Hi ged, I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce this or trace what the issue could be. I still have it running smoothless on my testboard, even with no user active at all (i.e. main browser closed, auto page refreshs for the cron in a different browser as a guest). :-(
Doesn't matter, you tried and created a good modification.

I will try it again, with different situations, users, etc.
Old 19 Mar 2014, 11:13

This is very interesting I was looking for a way for users to stay online until they close their browser but I didn't want them to stay online permanently. You guys think this is possible?