Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Event Attendance 2.0 Details »
Event Attendance 2.0
Developer Last Online: Mar 2014 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.5.0 RC2 Rating: (4 votes - 4.00 average) Installs: 427
Released: 07 Aug 2005 Last Update: Never Downloads: 287
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins  

This is an update version of the vB 3.0x "Event Attendance" hack found HERE. Thanks to Kentaurus for allowing redistribution.

I have rebuild/rewritten the hack for vB 3.5 - now it is no longer a hack but a plugin. No template modifications and no code modifications required.

This plugin allows users to enroll for events. When a new event is created, the user can decide if this feature is available for this event.

This plugin includes (from the 3.0x Version and Thread):

• Links to userprofile (by buro9)
  • Counter for enrolled users (by Sanni)
  • and most (all?) fixes from old version
  • no additional queries! (for reading, if you enroll/cancel there is one additional query)

It does not include (from the old thread):
  • Fix for reoccuring events (complete redesign needed)
  • Addon for guest-count (I don't need this, feel free to re-add)

Additional Features:
  • Event Attendance can be deactivated for reoccuring events (see Options in AdminCP)
  • Enroll/Cancel can be deactivated for events that are already started (AdminCP)
  • Sorting of enrolled people can be switched via AdminCP
  • All text is now in phrases

Installation:
  • Go to ACP/ Plugin System/ Manage Products.
  • Click Add/Import Product, select the product XML File you downloaded here and click Import.
  • Thats all - Have fun!

Known Problems:
  • calendar_roll and calendar_rollbit templates are not cached. I've not found a way to do this by using a plugin. But this is not really an issue.
  • Aug. 24th: Bug found by endquote in post#36: Typo in var name, this will cause Event enrollment to be disable at the wrong time (depending on time zome). Will be fixed in next release.

If you upgrade from 3.0x:
  • This plugin is fully database compatible to the old hack, if you upgrade no data will be lost.
  • You need to revert your calendar templates: calendar_showeventsbit, calendar_roll and calendar_rollbit.
  • If you do not want to revert your calendar_weekly_event and calendar_monthly_event please use "Mark enrolled in month/weekly view"=NO in Event Attendance Options to avoid event to be marked twice ("*").
Feature Requests:
I list the feature requests here - this does not mean that I will code it. If you are a coder feel free to code it and release it as addon or allow me to include it here.

• Change text after event is over. (Post #21) (very likely)
  • "It would be better if the plugin wouldn't let you add yourself after it's ended rather than started." (Post #35) (very likely)
  • "Another suggestion would be to have an admin option to just set all events to have the attendance functionality, rather than providing an option when posting." (Post #35) (very likely)
  • List of attended events in User Profile (Post #11) (maybe later)
  • CVS-Export of attending users (Post #8) (unlikely)
Aug. 15th: Beta-Tag removed, no code changes.

Please click INSTALL if you like this plugin.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.jpg
Views:	3595
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	33033   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic2.jpg
Views:	4067
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	33034   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic3.jpg
Views:	3469
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	33035   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic4.jpg
Views:	2720
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	33036  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Add-On Releases Farcaster's Event Attendance & vb Event Forums Integration Farcaster vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 191 30 Nov 2013 06:02
Event attendance Kentaurus vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 266 26 Feb 2007 16:51

Comments
Old 07 Aug 2005, 14:47

Good job bud

~Curt
Just wanna ask a vB related question contact me.
Old 07 Aug 2005, 16:03

Excellent - I was hoping this would get a conversion. Thanks a lot!

Edit: I'm getting an invalid event specified error if I try to edit an event and enable enrolling.

Last edited by FleaBag; 07 Aug 2005 at 16:07.
Old 07 Aug 2005, 16:37

Originally Posted by FleaBag
I'm getting an invalid event specified error if I try to edit an event and enable enrolling.
Could you give me the exact errormessage and a way to reproduce this error - I tried it, but everything is working here...

arpy
Old 07 Aug 2005, 16:42

Hi there!
Sorry I should have been clearer before!

I can sucessfully edit the event, but afterwards when I click on the "I will be attending this event" link on the event page, I get the following error.

"Invalid Event specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Old 07 Aug 2005, 16:49

"Invalid Event specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
You had the 3.0x Version installed before? Please revert the Templates as stated in the first post. In this case, at least the calendar_rollbit *** template is not reverted.

You can see this in the "I will attend"-Link:
http://example.com/calendar.php?do=g...=attend&e=1069
If there is no "do=getinfo" in the link, then you are using the old template. I had to change the links in order to use a hook.

arpy

***Edit: Sorry, it is the calendat_roll Template - not the calendar_rollbit

Last edited by arpy; 07 Aug 2005 at 19:59.
Old 08 Aug 2005, 00:17

Thanks arpy, it solved the problem. I've been working from a new style since the 3.5. upgrade, but I was viewing the site through the old one [for stylesheet purposes - the child of the new style]. All reverted and working.

I'm not able to enroll in an event that occurs on today's date. Is that intentional?

Last edited by FleaBag; 08 Aug 2005 at 00:19.
Old 08 Aug 2005, 05:59

No idea how tough it would be but I think a great addition to this would to be able to export an event's attending roster to a CSV or Excel file. In a perfect world the users profile info to be exported could be ACP selectable. So you could get an output something like:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Old 08 Aug 2005, 07:11

I'm not able to enroll in an event that occurs on today's date. Is that intentional?
Yes, its a feature: You cannot enroll for an event that is already started. You can switch this feature in AdminCP (late enroll).

@RMS-Chef: Everything is possible but my time is limited. I only will add features if there is a huge request and/or I can use the feature for my board and/or sb else is doing the coding

arpy

Last edited by arpy; 08 Aug 2005 at 07:32.
Old 08 Aug 2005, 20:50

Ah cool, glad you have late enroll in there!
Old 08 Aug 2005, 20:57

::request::

events im attending in profile?

would you be able to code this ?
Old 08 Aug 2005, 22:09

Originally Posted by benj
::request::

events im attending in profile?

would you be able to code this ?
Able? Yes. However I have no time for this at the moment and I don't want to promise anything. I added it to the "feature requests" in the plugin description.

arpy
Old 09 Aug 2005, 11:52

Doesn't work at all for me.

Installed it without problems on a 3.5 RC2, reverted all templates twice and re-installed the hack thrice.
Checked all the options and even the usergroup permissions if there is some hidden "unlock-option"... but still I simply don't get the checkbox to create events (being in the newthread.php).
Old 09 Aug 2005, 14:47

Originally Posted by Vindicare
Checked all the options and even the usergroup permissions if there is some hidden "unlock-option"... but still I simply don't get the checkbox to create events (being in the newthread.php).
Maybe you tried to create a reoccuring event? Go to your AdminCP, vbulletin options, event attendance and enable "Enroll reoccuring events".
Old 10 Aug 2005, 04:25

hi there i installed this after id installed the post event to a forum plugin here

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=93308

now that seemed to install fine and worked but afterwards i put on this plugin and it all seemed to go ok etc. but when i add a event and check that box. when you view the event you dont get the option to add yourself as an atendee to it. any ideas guy?

thanks in advance