Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
User CP Referral ID and Referrer/Referrals in Profile for vB 4 Details »
User CP Referral ID and Referrer/Referrals in Profile for vB 4
Developer Last Online: Jun 2012 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.0.x Rating: (29 votes - 4.83 average) Installs: 263
Released: 28 May 2010 Last Update: 16 Aug 2011 Downloads: 1256
Not Supported Uses Plugins Auto-Template  

User CP Referral ID and Referrer in Profile for vB 4
Version 1.0.8
(By Boofo)

What does this product do?
This product will add a content box at the top of the User CP displaying a customizable referral "Message" and the member's "Referral Link" along with their referral count. This will also show who referred a user in their profile in the About Me tab, under Referrals, at the bottom. It will only show in the About Me tab if the user has been referred by someone. A Referred Members List has also been added for each member so you can see who a Member has referred. The referral count in the User CP will link directly to the Referred members List.

NOTE: If you are currently using Referrer in Profile for vB 4, you will need to uninstall that first, as this does the same thing but with the User CP Referral ID and Referred Members List added.

Version Information:
Version 1.0.0 --Initial release for vB 4
Version 1.0.1 --Usergroups 3 and 4 are no longer represented in the referral count in the User CP.
Version 1.0.2 --Added Referred Members List for each member and a link to the list from the User CP referral count.
Version 1.0.3 --Fixed the Referral Link to reflect the 'Script Name for Forum Home Page' setting in vB 4.
Version 1.0.4 --Product is now completely phrased.
Version 1.0.5 --Referred Members List is now alphabetically sorted and Usergroups 3 and 4 are no longer represented in the listing.
Version 1.0.6 --Added the ability to collapse the box.
Version 1.0.7 --Moved Referrer below Join Date. The Referrals will no longer show if the user has no referrals. This is done via an automatic template edit.
Version 1.0.8 --Added User CP Referral ID Box Position setting. This will allow you to choose the location where you want the Referral ID box to show in the User CP.

NOTE: The "manual_template_edit_code.txt" is included in case the automatic template edit doesn't work for some custom skins.

Installation overview:
--------------------------
1 Product XML (5 Plugins, 15 phrases, 2 templates and 1 setting)

Installation Instructions:
--------------------------
1. Add the code from the included "additional.css_template_code.txt" file to the additional.css template.

2. Go to your Admin CP
Scroll down to 'Plugin System'
Click 'Manage Products'
Click 'Add/Import Product'
Click the 'Browse' button, and locate the product-boofo_usercp_referral_id.xml file on your computer

3. Go to your Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User CP Referral ID and Referrer in Profile and set the following option:
--User CP Referral ID Box Position: Choose the location where you want the Referral ID box to show in the User CP. (Default is "Top of User CP")
---------------------------------------------------

Done!
Enjoy!

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	profile_referrer.png
Views:	1291
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	127873   Click image for larger version

Name:	profile_referred_members.jpg
Views:	1137
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	127874   Click image for larger version

Name:	usercp_referral_collaspe.png
Views:	1041
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	127876   Click image for larger version

Name:	usercp_referral_id.png
Views:	1323
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	127877  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Forum Home Enhancements User Referrer Hex_legend vBulletin 3.7 Template Modifications 18 07 Nov 2015 19:24
Profile Enhancements Referrer in Profile for vB 4 Boofo vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 11 29 May 2012 04:05
Miscellaneous Hacks User CP Referral ID and Referrer in Profile for vB3.7 Boofo Modification Graveyard 77 01 Jul 2008 23:57

Old 25 Feb 2013, 16:20

Originally Posted by vimarc View Post
Installed : Does this Referral link work like affiliate id if some one click on this link and register to forum then does credit goes to user who's referral link is used to register
Yes it does.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 16:24

Originally Posted by Vcize View Post
This does not appear to be working for me at all on vb4.2. I imported the XML and did the template edits as specified in the files, however I don't see the referral message/link in my user profile.
The referral link in under settings and the count is displayed when clicking the About Me tab.
Old 18 Apr 2013, 17:25

Boofo thaks fr nice mod
Old 14 May 2013, 20:48

Is there a code I can use to add it under Post count when viewing topics.
Old 02 Jul 2013, 16:39

does this work with 4.2.x or does it not work?
pleas help me
Old 01 Feb 2014, 15:56

Yes, it does work.
Old 18 Oct 2014, 15:23

I got error message when adding new post or thread.

Old 18 Oct 2014, 15:35

So if you disable this mod you don't get that error?
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 18 Oct 2014, 16:03

Originally Posted by ozzy47 View Post
So if you disable this mod you don't get that error?

i disable it and still getting the error. also when uninstalling it i got a white page only
Old 18 Oct 2014, 16:06

Then you have something other that this mod affecting you. I would check your server error logs.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 18 Oct 2014, 16:17

this is the server error log

Old 18 Oct 2014, 16:20

Ok lets do this, disable plugins via the includes/config.php file.

To do that open your includes/config.php file and below <?php add the following.

So it looks like this:

Use a editor like notepad++ to edit any files, don't use Notepad or Wordpad.

If that fixes the issue enable plugins again by adding // before the line you added, then navigate to ACP --> Plugins & Products --> Manage Products and disable one mod at a time until you find the one causing the issue.

Once you find the culprit, post in that mods thread what the issue is, and maybe someone in that thread can help.
Old 18 Oct 2014, 16:22

Wait, you are running vB5?
Old 18 Oct 2014, 16:24

Originally Posted by ozzy47 View Post
Wait, you are running vB5?
no i using vb 4.2.2
Old 18 Oct 2014, 16:25

Ok then do what I said in post #207