Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Donation Manager Details »
Donation Manager
Developer Last Online: Dec 2013 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 4.0.x Rating: (15 votes - 4.80 average) Installs: 131
Released: 20 Jan 2010 Last Update: 08 Feb 2010 Downloads: 769
Not Supported  

Due to this I have decided to leave the vBulletin community and no longer wish to have my work associated with it.

Apologies to those who use this work.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Addons

Show Your Support

• If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Add-On Releases Donation System LITE Add-On AWJunkies Modification Graveyard 127 18 Jul 2008 14:59
Add-On Releases Donation System LITE Add-On AWJunkies Modification Graveyard 97 19 May 2008 18:59

Comments
Old 20 Jan 2010, 21:36

OMG I love you
Old 20 Jan 2010, 21:48

THANK YOU , finally someone released it!!

**4 REQUESTS**

1. A Donation bar with a green bar that starts from left and a red bar that starts from right, as more donate, the green bar moves right, pretty logical.

2. VbAdvanced module so that we can make it work with vbadvanced on all pages.

3. A goal to show under the bar to be reached, how much has been donated, how much left to go.

4. Donators list of successful donations completed.

PLEASE Implement these!

Last edited by Bouncer222; 20 Jan 2010 at 21:56.
Old 20 Jan 2010, 21:55

Found a bug, it seems that apperently the fail page instead of displaying the actual fail content, it displays the donate content, like the page you are taken after you click donate.

Link to look at : http://www.brotherhoodofgamers.com/donate.php?do=fail
Old 20 Jan 2010, 22:05

Auto thread opening for a donor or a auto user group changing option will be nice with it. tagged.
Old 20 Jan 2010, 22:09

Originally Posted by Forum Lover View Post
Auto thread opening for a donor or a auto user group changing option will be nice with it. tagged.
Usergroup change to a specified user group, Request #5, this is needed Please implement!

Also I found that in my plugin manager "Donate Hook" is disabled? What does this do and why is it disabled? I didn't change any settings.
Old 20 Jan 2010, 22:10

Originally Posted by Bouncer222 View Post
THANK YOU , finally someone released it!!

**4 REQUESTS**

1. A Donation bar with a green bar that starts from left and a red bar that starts from right, as more donate, the green bar moves right, pretty logical.

2. VbAdvanced module so that we can make it work with vbadvanced on all pages.

3. A goal to show under the bar to be reached, how much has been donated, how much left to go.

4. Donators list of successful donations completed.

PLEASE Implement these!
I was thinking of adding number 4 to a future version.

For number 2, I'll take a look at it but I'm not sure if and when it will be done as I've never used VB Advanced before.

I'll try to add those features to a future version but I can't give an ETA as it will mean altering the database. It shouldn't be too hard for how the system is now but when I add other payment systems it will mean grouping all the donations together.

Of course for the progress bar it will mean that you can't give members the choice of currency due to currency conversions

Originally Posted by Bouncer222 View Post
Found a bug, it seems that apperently the fail page instead of displaying the actual fail content, it displays the donate content, like the page you are taken after you click donate.

Link to look at : http://www.brotherhoodofgamers.com/donate.php?do=fail
Fixed: If you download the mod now then the fix will be implemented.

I've attached the updated product file to this post so if you've already installed it there's no need to download the whole mod again, just re-install the product with this file making sure you click yes for allow upgrade.
Attached Files
File Type: xml product-donation_system.xml (15.5 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Deadly Stream; 20 Jan 2010 at 22:26. Reason: typo
Old 20 Jan 2010, 22:16

Please read

This is to let modders and members know that this is not a mod create by this user
however the real creator of this mod is

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/member.php?u=225372

Paypal Donate 0.0.1 http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...light=donation

Paypal Donate 0.0.2 http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...light=donation
Old 20 Jan 2010, 22:20

So this is just a copied mod from the real author?

Will test the new xml..
Old 20 Jan 2010, 22:42

Originally Posted by simonhind View Post
This is to let modders and members know that this is not a mod create by this user
however the real creator of this mod is

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/member.php?u=225372

Paypal Donate 0.0.1 http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...light=donation

Paypal Donate 0.0.2 http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...light=donation
Similar, yes - Same mod, no.

I did get the idea from that mod as I wanted a donate system but that wasn't quite what I wanted so I made my own version. Like I said in the mod description, when I started work on this I had no intention of releasing it which is why there aren't too many phrases at the moment.

If you download the mod and look at the files you'll see that they are very different, the end result may be more or less the same at the moment but the way they work is very different.
Old 20 Jan 2010, 22:59

Looks good. I'm checking out several of these Paypal mods that have been released. There are two features missing from them all though that I'd used to (I currently use Cyb's Paypal mod for vb3.8).
  1. I'd like to keep track of who donated, when and how much.
  2. Also, a dropdown with preset values for how much to donate. With the option of also entering an amount not in the list (basically as it is now).
  3. Also a minimum amount to donate as well (if it's not in already).
Regardless, thanks for writing the mod, I hope to use it when I upgrade soon. Tagged for now.
Old 20 Jan 2010, 23:22

I like what bouner222 suggested on the goal and a bar to show how much of that goal was/is met.
Old 20 Jan 2010, 23:41

I like it, but have a couple of problems. On the page at paypal it says:

Donation From <span style=
On the page where you select the amount it says:

I would like to donate: in USD chingon ">
Is the "> normal? running 4.0.1
Old 20 Jan 2010, 23:47

Originally Posted by Trek View Post
Looks good. I'm checking out several of these Paypal mods that have been released. There are two features missing from them all though that I'd used to (I currently use Cyb's Paypal mod for vb3.8).
  2. Also, a dropdown with preset values for how much to donate. With the option of also entering an amount not in the list (basically as it is now).
Regardless, thanks for writing the mod, I hope to use it when I upgrade soon. Tagged for now.
I use cybs as well and the 3 features you list above are the features I want in a donate mod. So those 3 options would be my feature requests for this mod.
Old 20 Jan 2010, 23:56

Originally Posted by Trek View Post
Does Cyb's work on vb4? The donation progress bar is a HUGE missing feature on all of these donation modules. The donation goal progress bar is what spurs many of my donations on - people see the donation goal progress at 0% every month and donate until it's at 100%. Next month, a new set of users donate. Without the progress bar, they aren't as apt to do it.