Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Links and Downloads Manager Details »
Links and Downloads Manager
Developer Last Online: Apr 2010 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.6.x Rating: (81 votes - 4.79 average) Installs: 659
Released: 19 Jun 2006 Last Update: 04 Feb 2008 Downloads: 8665
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Additional Files Translations  

Version 2.3.0 of LDM is now the official release. This works with both VB3.7 and VB3.8. You can obtain it here

Version 2.2.8 remains available here, with limited support.

04.02.08: patch-cat.xml 'extra' uploaded - see first post for information

27.10.07: Version 2.2.8-post1 uploaded
French translation of product installer uploaded (other language translations are in the main release zip)

Remember to back up your current database tables before upgrading.

What this is and does

LDM is a general-purpose link and file manager, which handles user uploads and downloads in a flexible way. A range of media players is integrated into LDM and others are included as plugin extras. LDM is described below in the first post of this thread, which also contains a brief list of the currently-known bugs.

This release of LDM works correctly with all VB versions 3.6.x and recent versions of vbadvanced.

Documentation, screen shots, etc, are provided as a Wiki at http://www.eirma.org/wikis/index.php...nloads_Manager

Thank you to everyone who has tested, given suggestions, helped with the translations, etc.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Major Additions Links and Downloads Manager AndrewD vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 2047 26 Jun 2016 21:11
Links and Downloads Manager AndrewD vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 2467 08 Apr 2010 16:24
Mini Mods [YouTube] Integration with Links & Downloads Manager (LDM 2.2.6) |oR|Greg vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 41 26 Nov 2008 14:56

Old 25 Feb 2008, 18:12

Originally Posted by Christian96 View Post
I have two questions:
- How can i add the LDM seach to the navigation bar of the vBulletin main page ?
see http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1429822

- I also want that new posts in the LDM are shown up in the New Posts of the vBulletin main page ?
see the extras directory in the release zip - patch-forumhome-newlinks should do the job
Old 26 Feb 2008, 01:25

That fixed it Andrew (the Rachel's Stuff). Thank you!
Old 26 Feb 2008, 15:58

Andrew,

Is there a quick and easy way to just turn off the ability to Rate?

We have one download area on our site that they have to comment before they download. We don't care about the rating (and it's actually causing more headache then good), so I would like to just be able to remove the ability to rate all together and just have the ability to comment. I noticed that the only way you can comment is to rate first (the submit button is grayed out until then).
Old 27 Feb 2008, 21:00

Is there a way to vocaltag the audio? I have a music forum with producers & engineers and it'll just be too easy to just record the audio from the media player.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 04:48

Originally Posted by indie2industry View Post
Is there a way to vocaltag the audio? I have a music forum with producers & engineers and it'll just be too easy to just record the audio from the media player.
I've no idea - can you point at somewhere which explains vocaltags? A google search took me to an Israeli company that works on animal health.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 06:59

Hi AndrewD !

Many thanks for your help !

The search patch:
We have 2 forums, one test forum (v3.6.8 Patch Level 2) and our 'real' forum (v3.6.5). The search patch only work on the test forum, not on the real one. Do we have to update our version of the real forum ? Is there an other reason, why this wouldn't work ? How can I narrow down that ?

Thanks again,
Christian
Old 28 Feb 2008, 07:41

Hi AndrewD !

Many thanks for your help !

The search patch:
We have 2 forums, one test forum (v3.6.8 Patch Level 2) and our 'real' forum (v3.6.5). The search patch only work on the test forum, not on the real one. Do we have to update our version of the real forum ? Is there an other reason, why this wouldn't work ? How can I narrow down that ?

Thanks again,
Christian
I only wrote this patch recently. It uses the global_setup_complete hook in vbulletin and works the same way as the plugin that the vbulletin people use themselves for their blog software. I've no idea whether that hook was already available in vbulletin 3.6.5, or if the functions in that version of vbulletin are compatible.
Old 02 Mar 2008, 07:29

Is there a way to hide categories based off usergroup (without creating a special forum).
This plugin blocks based off usergroup: blockaccess-byusergroup-plugin.xml
Would it be hard to make a similar plugin: hideaccess-byusergroup-plugin.xml
I may end up with many categories all set with special usergroup permissions, and hiding the categories would eliminate confusion.
Many thanks!
Riki
Old 02 Mar 2008, 07:37

Originally Posted by RikiB View Post
Is there a way to hide categories based off usergroup (without creating a special forum).
This plugin blocks based off usergroup: blockaccess-byusergroup-plugin.xml
Would it be hard to make a similar plugin: hideaccess-byusergroup-plugin.xml
I may end up with many categories all set with special usergroup permissions, and hiding the categories would eliminate confusion.
Many thanks!
Riki
I wish that I had not used forum-based permissions inside LDM when I started with this hack (now 4 years ago!). I've gradually been adding LDM-based permissions, while trying to keep everything clean and consistent.

The LDM permission *can_view_category* is added in version 2.2.9, and will allow you to make individual categories/category trees visible or invisible to selected usergroups without having to use forum-based permissions.

In 2.2.8, you still have to use forum-based permissions.
Old 03 Mar 2008, 01:39

wow, 4 years! That must be why it is so powerful, this is by far my favorite hack! Is 2.2.9 download-able anywhere, or is it still wip? I assume it is still wip, I will remain patient

Thanks again!
Old 03 Mar 2008, 05:08

Originally Posted by RikiB View Post
wow, 4 years! That must be why it is so powerful, this is by far my favorite hack! Is 2.2.9 download-able anywhere, or is it still wip? I assume it is still wip, I will remain patient

Thanks again!

Thanks.

2.2.9 is available on the vb37 forum http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=166094 - there are in fact two versions there plus a patch to make 2.2.8 work with vb3.7. alpha 3 is the latest, and it works fine on both vb3.6 and 3.7 although there are two or three bugs (nothing fatal) which I have since found.
Old 03 Mar 2008, 06:17

wow thanks, I had no idea! Ill jump on this now
Old 05 Mar 2008, 18:02

just wanted to post that I'm running 2.2.8 on VB 3.6.8 and works wonderful. I just peformed and upgrade to 2.2.8 from 2.2.7 flawlessly. We also used the VBA add on for our home page and that as well had no problems at all with the upgrading

I do, however have one question... how do I change the "layout" of the forum post. I'd like the image to come after the text that is placed in the initial post.
Old 06 Mar 2008, 03:46

Originally Posted by glowinggal View Post
just wanted to post that I'm running 2.2.8 on VB 3.6.8 and works wonderful. I just peformed and upgrade to 2.2.8 from 2.2.7 flawlessly. We also used the VBA add on for our home page and that as well had no problems at all with the upgrading
Very glad to hear this, thanks

Originally Posted by glowinggal View Post
I do, however have one question... how do I change the "layout" of the forum post. I'd like the image to come after the text that is placed in the initial post.
You are referring to the 'autothread' creation, where LDM entries are announced in a forum? The structure of these is defined in the VB phrases ldm_thread_create_title and ldm_thread_create_body. The code that actually constructs the announcement is function ldm_announce_in_forum() in the file includes/local_links_foruminterface.php.

Let me know if this is not what you meant.
Old 06 Mar 2008, 11:41

Yep, you got it - that was exactly it!

One more question... how do I change how the first page of the downloads appear (for example show the thumbnail previews instead of just the category listing)?

Here is our page:
http://www.scrapbook-bytes.com/chat/local_links.php