Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Old 30 Aug 2006, 17:09

This score was not submitted from the game.

I've received this warning with *some* of my games.

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

This score was not submitted from the game. Your score will not be saved.
The arcade is correctly counting the number of plays, but not the time played (showing up as 0)
Most of the Yeti games are like this.
This was formerly a v3 installation (having officially given up on John this week).
Out of the 309 games, currently 64 have scores (but I reset the scores so my minions might not have gotten to them yet). I know there are quite a few games that worked that do not now. Most of them were formerly ibp games anyways just installed from the rars in v3.

I am using a front end, which was causing all kinds of problems for all of my games but after reading the write up about it, it fixed some of the problems (but obviously not all).
Comments
Old 30 Aug 2006, 17:42

but those games do always not work, while others always submit and save their score ?

Then it would be good to provide such a game not working so I can check it...
Old 02 Sep 2006, 18:35

There were some server side changes that made some previously uncooperating games work. Still some games aren't working.

Error is:
Board Message
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

This score was not submitted from the game. Your score will not be saved.

Fishy will not submit.
cat batting
cat bowling
cow tipping
++++ quicks island adventure
equilibrium
kill kitties

Hmmm.. and it seems that other games that were working a few days ago are no longer submitting either.. UG. Hmmm.. what a strange strange error. Ant Arena WORKS..

do I need to reinstall the games? they all worked with v3arcade prior to anything.

would I need to reinstall the games?

Last edited by lordnex; 02 Sep 2006 at 18:45. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02 Sep 2006, 22:31

I'm getting the same issue on some games, but I just installed this arcade yesterday and had no converting to do... Catch 33 seems to be the latest culprit.

Apparently, on ours, it will record everything but the new highscore (or lowscore, depending on the game)

Last edited by QueenLionors; 02 Sep 2006 at 22:33.
Old 03 Sep 2006, 17:39

it varies on mine, sometimes a certain game will submit scores, and sometimes it wont....
Old 05 Sep 2006, 04:18

is this a compatibility with older installations or v3 arcade installs converted over with the new VB? I'm *not* a programmer.
Old 05 Sep 2006, 11:40

its happening alot on most of my games and my members arent happy glad to know im not the only 1
Old 19 Sep 2006, 00:55

has there been any update on this? i'd love to know...
Old 21 Sep 2006, 09:23

Make sure you have cookies enabled and use correct converted games.

In this case it should work fine, although I did alot of improvements for scorehandling and cheat-protection for upcoming v2.5.7+
Old 22 Sep 2006, 15:44

Got cookie settings all the way enabled, and am using games made for ibproarcade.

I'm still getting complaints from people, and the site owner is asking me about changing arcade systems now. I'd rather get this figured out than change...
Old 28 Sep 2006, 09:22

As far as I can see, the score is submitted correctly when you submit it after the first game you played. When you try to submit a score which is played via the "Replay"-function inside the flash game, the above mentioned error occurs.

Greetz

JoHon
Old 03 Oct 2006, 20:41

I have the same problem.
Old 04 Oct 2006, 12:16

After some complaints from various members about random games not submitting scores and some experimenting I found this out. If you are playing a game, or go to a game and before playing leave that page, such as viewing the highscores, and then press the Back button in your browser to return to the game and play, the score will not be saved and you get this error.

What makes this worse, is when you get the error, there is a 'Go Back' button. If you return to the game using this button the error happens again as this is the same action as using the Back button in the browser.
Old 04 Oct 2006, 12:47

I get this error even if I don't use the go back button.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 12:28

same problems at our board