Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
[DBTech] User Spotlight v1 (vB3) Details »
[DBTech] User Spotlight v1 (vB3)
Mod Version: 1.6.6, by DragonByte Tech (Coder) DragonByte Tech is offline
Developer Last Online: Sep 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.x Rating: (12 votes - 4.75 average) Installs: 50
Released: 02 Dec 2010 Last Update: 17 Aug 2017 Downloads: 253
Supported Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files Translations  

DragonByte Technologies are proud to present User Spotlight v1: A mini mod to show a random member on your forumhome page.

Why User Spotlight?

DBTech's User Spotlight mod lets you display a random member on your forum home page as a way to increase member commmunication.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like this mod please hit the button to the right ---->

Please remember to click the, button to the right if you installed the mod ---->

What does 'Marking As Installed' do ?

* It helps you to stay on top of updates - members who have installed modifications will be notified by us whenever new updates are available.

For security issues - vbulletin.org will contact all members who have installed a modification whenever a security issue is brought to their attention.

* Marking a modification as installed also helps us know how many people are using our work, giving us extra incentive to provide more features and new modifications.

We appreciate the support!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Priority support for this version is handled at the Developers Website.

Translations available @ [url="http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/forums/91-Translations[/URL]
Support for translations handled by the translator in its respective threads only.

Major Features

ForumHome Integration: Members' details will show in the infobar on the forumhome.

To Install:
  1. Upload all files in the "upload" folder to your forum.
  2. Import the product file via the product manager in your AdminCP.
  3. Done!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feature List
  • Random user selected every night
  • Admin override of selected user
  • Admin variables to limit selected users by number of posts, reputation and days active

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	forumhome_vb3.png
Views:	997
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	125030   Click image for larger version

Name:	acp_settings.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	125031  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
New Posting Features [DBTech] Advanced User Tagging v3 (vB3) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 673 19 Sep 2018 14:11
Major Additions [DBTech] vBShop v3 (vB3) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 202 24 Sep 2017 01:20
Mini Mods [DBTech] User Spotlight v1 (vB4) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 192 03 Jan 2015 11:48
Mini Mods [DBTech] User Status & Moods v1 (vB3) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 291 23 Aug 2014 07:50
Miscellaneous Hacks [DBTech] Random Questions v2 (vB3) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 62 30 Aug 2011 18:47

Old 29 Dec 2010, 15:36

Works great. Thanks.

but

how can i change direction to - right to lift ( rtl )
Old 29 Dec 2010, 16:05

Originally Posted by FLASHYAN View Post
Works great. Thanks.

but

how can i change direction to - right to lift ( rtl )
now already changed frome

dbtech_spotlight_userinfo Template

thanks dude : )
Old 30 Dec 2010, 22:07

New version has ability to select to display:
Signature
Occupation

You can also display any number of custom profile fields

Switched plain username with musername (usergroup colored markup username)

Let me know if there are any problems.
Old 30 Dec 2010, 22:32

Post Thanks for the update!

Everything is working fine except for images. This is what I get for users with images:
[SIGPIC]http://allconsolegamers.com/community/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=74&dateline=129107968 6[/SIGPIC]
Some small images do show.
Old 30 Dec 2010, 23:23

Please please please make an option to display only members that have uploaded a profile image (not avatar)

and then use the profile image as the image in your spotlight section.

Most my members use profile pics and not avatars anymore.
Old 30 Dec 2010, 23:27

It would be great if it was really a spotlight to emphasize the username even more than it is now. Overall fun mod. Thanks for creating.
Old 31 Dec 2010, 03:30

Originally Posted by Blueracer66 View Post
Everything is working fine except for images. This is what I get for users with images:

Some small images do show.
It must not be parsing the signature image, I'll check the code.

Originally Posted by TNCclubman View Post
Please please please make an option to display only members that have uploaded a profile image (not avatar)

and then use the profile image as the image in your spotlight section.

Most my members use profile pics and not avatars anymore.
I'll see what I need to do for that

Originally Posted by Danny Diamond View Post
It would be great if it was really a spotlight to emphasize the username even more than it is now. Overall fun mod. Thanks for creating.
What are you thinking? Like having the username larger?
Old 31 Dec 2010, 03:34

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech View Post
What are you thinking? Like having the username larger?
How about being able to style the user name with css like the user title? (<span color=, etc. </span>)

Thanks for sharing this mod with us!

Last edited by Blueracer66; 31 Dec 2010 at 06:37.
Old 31 Dec 2010, 05:16

Originally Posted by Blueracer66 View Post
Have about being able to style the user name with css like the user title? (<span color=, etc. </span>)

Thanks for sharing this mod with us!
I could add the span tag in here with a variable for the style variables. Good idea
Old 31 Dec 2010, 06:38

Thumbs up Looking forward for updates

I could add the span tag in here with a variable for the style variables. Good idea
Thanks, I'm glad you got what I wrote. Looking forward to heard from you again. lol
Old 01 Jan 2011, 08:44

Some new additions in 1.5.0
ACP option to modify username with CSS
ACP option so you can specify what usergroups the user can be pulled from
Fixed sigpic parsing in signature
Added option to specify if avatar or profile picture is used, which gets selected first and if one or the other is required
Old 01 Jan 2011, 14:56

Smile Thanks, I'll check it out!

Some new additions in 1.5.0
ACP option to modify username with CSS
ACP option so you can specify what usergroups the user can be pulled from
Fixed sigpic parsing in signature
Added option to specify if avatar or profile picture is used, which gets selected first and if one or the other is required
I'll check it out and report back to you!
Old 02 Jan 2011, 22:15

I had the first version of this installed and it seemed to work but when I upgraded everything went kablooey.

The avatars stopped showing up, although I did have a lot more options in the Admin CP.

I tried removing the hack entirely and reinstalling but that seriously destroyed the layout of my forumhome template and I got this error message.

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in [path]/dbtech/spotlight/core/class_fetchuser.php on line 55

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in [path]/dbtech/spotlight/core/class_fetchuser.php on line 56

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in [path]/dbtech/spotlight/core/class_fetchuser.php on line 57

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in [path]/dbtech/spotlight/core/class_fetchuser.php on line 58
Looks like if I check Location, Occupation and Reputation under the "Alternate Additions" the errors go away. They still don't show up in the user spotlight when checked though. I went to uncheck them and see if I could reproduce the error and they won't stay unchecked.

The only one that will go back and forth between checked and unchecked is Signature. It doesn't show the signature when you check it though and I get this error (in addition to the screen layout going bonkers).

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in [path]/includes/functions.php(1455) : eval()'d code on line 5
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenie.jpg (127.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 02 Jan 2011, 22:50

Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
I had the first version of this installed and it seemed to work but when I upgraded everything went kablooey.

The avatars stopped showing up, although I did have a lot more options in the Admin CP.

I tried removing the hack entirely and reinstalling but that seriously destroyed the layout of my forumhome template and I got this error message.

Looks like if I check Location, Occupation and Reputation under the "Alternate Additions" the errors go away. They still don't show up in the user spotlight when checked though. I went to uncheck them and see if I could reproduce the error and they won't stay unchecked.

The only one that will go back and forth between checked and unchecked is Signature. It doesn't show the signature when you check it though and I get this error (in addition to the screen layout going bonkers).
Can you try the 1.5.2 version and let me know if you still have the same problems?
I moved the code around dealing with the errors you are getting and they shouldn't show up anymore.
Old 02 Jan 2011, 22:59

Hi there. I love this mod and have installed it. I don't have the updated version since the other one worked fine for me on 3.8.3.

I was wondering if you could consider adding in Minimum days since last post? I have some users that log in regularly but have not posted in a while. It would be nice to have this additional filter option if possible. Thanks for reading.