Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
[DBTech] User Spotlight v1 (vB3) Details »
[DBTech] User Spotlight v1 (vB3)
Mod Version: 1.6.6, by DragonByte Tech (Coder) DragonByte Tech is offline
Developer Last Online: Sep 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.x Rating: (12 votes - 4.75 average) Installs: 50
Released: 02 Dec 2010 Last Update: 17 Aug 2017 Downloads: 253
Supported Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files Translations  

DragonByte Technologies are proud to present User Spotlight v1: A mini mod to show a random member on your forumhome page.

Why User Spotlight?

DBTech's User Spotlight mod lets you display a random member on your forum home page as a way to increase member commmunication.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like this mod please hit the button to the right ---->

Please remember to click the, button to the right if you installed the mod ---->

What does 'Marking As Installed' do ?

* It helps you to stay on top of updates - members who have installed modifications will be notified by us whenever new updates are available.

For security issues - vbulletin.org will contact all members who have installed a modification whenever a security issue is brought to their attention.

* Marking a modification as installed also helps us know how many people are using our work, giving us extra incentive to provide more features and new modifications.

We appreciate the support!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Priority support for this version is handled at the Developers Website.

Translations available @ [url="http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/forums/91-Translations[/URL]
Support for translations handled by the translator in its respective threads only.

Major Features

ForumHome Integration: Members' details will show in the infobar on the forumhome.

To Install:
  1. Upload all files in the "upload" folder to your forum.
  2. Import the product file via the product manager in your AdminCP.
  3. Done!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feature List
  • Random user selected every night
  • Admin override of selected user
  • Admin variables to limit selected users by number of posts, reputation and days active

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	forumhome_vb3.png
Views:	997
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	125030   Click image for larger version

Name:	acp_settings.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	125031  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
New Posting Features [DBTech] Advanced User Tagging v3 (vB3) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 673 19 Sep 2018 14:11
Major Additions [DBTech] vBShop v3 (vB3) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 202 24 Sep 2017 01:20
Mini Mods [DBTech] User Spotlight v1 (vB4) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 192 03 Jan 2015 11:48
Mini Mods [DBTech] User Status & Moods v1 (vB3) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 291 23 Aug 2014 07:50
Miscellaneous Hacks [DBTech] Random Questions v2 (vB3) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 62 30 Aug 2011 18:47

Old 02 Jan 2011, 23:23

Originally Posted by EnigmaVariation View Post
Hi there. I love this mod and have installed it. I don't have the updated version since the other one worked fine for me on 3.8.3.

I was wondering if you could consider adding in Minimum days since last post? I have some users that log in regularly but have not posted in a while. It would be nice to have this additional filter option if possible. Thanks for reading.
I added it for 1.6.0, just waiting for a couple troubleshooting fixes before I release it.
Old 03 Jan 2011, 00:04

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech View Post
Can you try the 1.5.2 version and let me know if you still have the same problems?
I moved the code around dealing with the errors you are getting and they shouldn't show up anymore.
Okay, so I uninstalled the old one, reinstalled with product version 1.5.2 and overwrote all of the FTP files with the new ones.

Well, the layout problems seem to be gone when this is active and it looks like the boxes check and uncheck like they should for Alternate Additions.

Bugs:

Avatars still don't show up no matter what I select in the drop down box.
None of the Alternate Additions appear in the User Spotlight when they are checked.
Custom Username CSS doesn't appear to work.
When the signature box is checked I still get the following error.

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in [path]/includes/functions.php(1455) : eval()'d code on line 5
EDIT: Just wanted to note that I'm on vBulletin 3.8.4

Last edited by Warlord; 03 Jan 2011 at 00:30.
Old 03 Jan 2011, 00:40

Hey Warlord, for the avatar issue, did you change the avatar dimensions to whatever you allow on your forum? I think that the default on the mod was 80 x 80 but I had to change mine to 130 x 130 to get mine to display since that is what I allow on my forums. Just a thought. Trying to help out.
Old 03 Jan 2011, 01:09

Good lookin' out Enigma, but unfortunately that didn't seem to help.
Old 03 Jan 2011, 06:32

Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
Okay, so I uninstalled the old one, reinstalled with product version 1.5.2 and overwrote all of the FTP files with the new ones.

Well, the layout problems seem to be gone when this is active and it looks like the boxes check and uncheck like they should for Alternate Additions.

Bugs:

Avatars still don't show up no matter what I select in the drop down box.
None of the Alternate Additions appear in the User Spotlight when they are checked.
Custom Username CSS doesn't appear to work.
When the signature box is checked I still get the following error.

EDIT: Just wanted to note that I'm on vBulletin 3.8.4
Is the avatar not showing at all or is it a broken link?
Maybe you modified the template with a previous version and didn't revert? That's a possible reason why none of the additional fields are showing up at all.

The signature thing is weird. I installed 3.8.4 and the mod on my dev and I don't get that error with the signature enabled. Maybe it's something in the users sig that is messing it up? Can you pm me the text that's in the sig so I can try it out locally?
Old 03 Jan 2011, 20:05

Well I feel rather foolish. You were right about the template not being reverted. I had assumed that by removing the hack entirely I had also removed the old template. Silly me.

Okay, so avatars seem to be working now.

Custom Username CSS and Custom Profile Fields don't seem to be working still (yes, I made sure the member in the spotlight had filled out the Custom Profile Field).

The only other issue I'm having now is that when the signature block is checked my forum layout goes bonkers. It's really not a big deal for me because I'm not going to include signatures in my spotlight but I just thought I'd point it out.

I get this error at the very top of my screen:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in [path]/includes/functions.php(1455) : eval()'d code on line 5
My page layout looks like the attached image. The text in his signature appears to be a BBcode link to his blog. (We don't allow HTML in signatures).

I should also note that I have Cyb - Sub-Forum Manager installed. Perhaps the two hacks just conflict for some reason. (CSS issues?)

I also noticed in the template there seems to be an if statement to span 3 columns, but I don't see the option in the admin cp anywhere. Am I just missing it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenie.jpg (128.0 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Warlord; 03 Jan 2011 at 20:14.
Old 04 Jan 2011, 09:17

Well I feel rather foolish. You were right about the template not being reverted. I had assumed that by removing the hack entirely I had also removed the old template. Silly me.

Okay, so avatars seem to be working now.

Custom Username CSS and Custom Profile Fields don't seem to be working still (yes, I made sure the member in the spotlight had filled out the Custom Profile Field).

The only other issue I'm having now is that when the signature block is checked my forum layout goes bonkers. It's really not a big deal for me because I'm not going to include signatures in my spotlight but I just thought I'd point it out.

I get this error at the very top of my screen:

My page layout looks like the attached image. The text in his signature appears to be a BBcode link to his blog. (We don't allow HTML in signatures).

I should also note that I have Cyb - Sub-Forum Manager installed. Perhaps the two hacks just conflict for some reason. (CSS issues?)

I also noticed in the template there seems to be an if statement to span 3 columns, but I don't see the option in the admin cp anywhere. Am I just missing it?
I doubt it's conflicting with the sub forum manager. Most likely the error is screwing up code that's getting outputted and that is messing up the layout.
I'm not sure what's causing it. I have the same thing in my sig on my dev site.

The 3 column span is for the users that have it set to show below the navbar. I needed to have some additional formatting for it to look right.

What are you putting in the custom field setting? Are you putting the number or the whole thing? Like field5 or just 5?
Old 06 Jan 2011, 00:56

The Custom Profile Fields seem to be working now. I guess it just needed some time to reset itself?
Old 06 Jan 2011, 02:13

The Custom Profile Fields seem to be working now. I guess it just needed some time to reset itself?
Hmm, it doesn't store any data so not sure why it started working. Not going to complain though
Old 06 Jan 2011, 02:18

Few small changes with 1.6.0
Added last post date to the selection criteria and fixed problem with avatar url
Old 10 Jan 2011, 02:19

I just updated to 1.6.1 and the profile image and avatars are not showing.

The image path is not generated correctly.

I have my forum installed in a subdirectory, /forum, the img src for both do not include the subdirectory in the path.

it generates
domain.com/customavatars/avatar1_5.gif
when it should be
domain.com/forum/customavatars/avatar1_5.gif

Last edited by Geek Specialtie; 10 Jan 2011 at 02:32.
Old 10 Jan 2011, 19:48

I made an update with 1.6.2
Hopefully fixed the avatar issues with the different installation layouts, pretty much replicated the way vB sets the path to the avatar/profile pic
Fixed bbcode not parsing on custom fields
Switched code to use existing data so was able to eliminate all but 2 custom db queries, should be better on performance now.
Old 10 Jan 2011, 20:19

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech View Post
I made an update with 1.6.2
Hopefully fixed the avatar issues with the different installation layouts, pretty much replicated the way vB sets the path to the avatar/profile pic
Fixed bbcode not parsing on custom fields
Switched code to use existing data so was able to eliminate all but 2 custom db queries, should be better on performance now.
My profile images and avatar images are working again. Thanks for the update.
Old 13 Jan 2011, 04:30

I upgraded to the latest version 1.6.2 (uploaded new files and installed new xml) but now it won't randomly select anyone in the scheduled tasks. Anyone else having this issue? Should I completely uninstall, delete all of the files off my server and reupload/reinstall?
Old 13 Jan 2011, 06:31

Originally Posted by EnigmaVariation View Post
I upgraded to the latest version 1.6.2 (uploaded new files and installed new xml) but now it won't randomly select anyone in the scheduled tasks. Anyone else having this issue? Should I completely uninstall, delete all of the files off my server and reupload/reinstall?
What do you have for the settings?
Maybe something in there is not letting it select a new user