Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07 Dec 2012, 07:58

I visit here everyday, read just about every single post and reply if I can help out.

I also read what I can and always learn something new here. I personally do not see anything wrong with Vbulletin.org at all.

If people knew how to use the search feature correctly they would be able to find just about every answer to their questions regardless of whether it helps them or not.

I can say that just about every single one of my questions have been answered either directly or indirectly here at vbulletin.org .

Yes it can get frustrating when asking a question and you don't get an answer, but most of the times its because there is no answer or the questions being asked are not asked correctly.

Keep it rollen' vbulletin.org !

--------------- Added 07 Dec 2012 at 08:07 ---------------

Originally Posted by Max Taxable View Post
Just for laughs I checked how many unread posts I had pending since last visit about 24 hours ago, and it was 247. I'm on many other forums, and none of those had that many in the same time period.

Can't judge from that how active vB dot org really is, but compared to the other big boards in the same time period, it was more active than those.
Over at my forums I have between 25-40 members who are active on a daily basis and we average about 100-150 new posts every day albeit my forums are only 3 years young but the last 4 months have been pretty busy.

If people post good content and or ask good questions they get answered. It just depends on the site.

I have sometimes come here and there is only 32 new posts and sometimes there is over 200. Today it was 124 new posts since the last time I marked all posts read and that was around 8 am my time.

I think vbulletin.org is fine.
Old 07 Dec 2012, 11:49

Originally Posted by Deriggs007 View Post
Again, it's mostly in the resource place, no where else

I just visited 4 forums and beyond maybe 5 topics, most weren't posted in since 2010..................................
When problems are solved or questions answered, why would people then continue to post in the thread?
Old 07 Dec 2012, 15:29

Originally Posted by Max Taxable View Post
When problems are solved or questions answered, why would people then continue to post in the thread?
You're missing my point -- There isn't much of a community OUTSIDE of that area. Mods are definitely active, styles are even active

In the actual forum part, it's the least active of them all. Even in this exact area, my beef is that vBulletin's community revolves around only the resources and no one seems to care about how far someone has taken the CMS to a level of integration or "neat" things they did the forums that made it all sexy like

Instead it's "thanks I'll install mod/style bye" never hear from again. There isn't even much communication about the development of vBulletin outside of 4-5 threads with a user base of how many?
Old 07 Dec 2012, 15:36

Originally Posted by Deriggs007 View Post
You're missing my point -- There isn't much of a community OUTSIDE of that area. Mods are definitely active, styles are even active

In the actual forum part, it's the least active of them all. Even in this exact area, my beef is that vBulletin's community revolves around only the resources and no one seems to care about how far someone has taken the CMS to a level of integration or "neat" things they did the forums that made it all sexy like

Instead it's "thanks I'll install mod/style bye" never hear from again. There isn't even much communication about the development of vBulletin outside of 4-5 threads with a user base of how many?
Well, it's a marketplace, not really a social networking site.
Old 07 Dec 2012, 16:06

I know........ I was pointing that out from the OP. vBulletin doesn't have a community like what's been asked

This isn't the place like that, as you said, it's a resource/marketplace and that's it.
Old 14 Dec 2012, 04:40

Originally Posted by ChrisTERiS View Post
Keep an eye at http://www.vb3fans.com during weekend.

Chris
Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.vb3fans.com.
Old 05 Jan 2013, 01:38

I remember only a few years ago, I would come on daily and there would be new modifications all the time, but now, you are lucky to get a new mod a week.
Old 05 Jan 2013, 01:51

Originally Posted by Hornstar View Post
I remember only a few years ago, I would come on daily and there would be new modifications all the time, but now, you are lucky to get a new mod a week.
In the vB4.x add-Ons Modification forum alone, there have been 14 new modifications in the last week, so I would say we are getting more than one a week. :/

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 06 Jan 2013, 19:40

Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
In the vB4.x add-Ons Modification forum alone, there have been 14 new modifications in the last week, so I would say we are getting more than one a week. :/
There is a lot of great stuff...but sadly no one has a newsletter/community bulletin mod that works with VB4. I've been begging for months now. Even offered a few bucks (what little we can afford). I bought one, but it didn't work.

A newsletter is an awesome thing for a forum. When you send it out, activity immediately spikes and so does your post count. I am sorry to be preachy, but it is absolutely something that should be part of VB.

Nelson
Old 06 Jan 2013, 20:17

Why would forums desire to spam their membership via an advertisement couched as a "newsletter?" Members who login don't need a newsletter. They know what's new.
Old 06 Jan 2013, 20:42

Originally Posted by ProSportsForums View Post
Why would forums desire to spam their membership via an advertisement couched as a "newsletter?" Members who login don't need a newsletter. They know what's new.
It's not spam. There is the option to enable or disable it in your user settings.

Most of my users love it, and those who don't simply disable it.
The problem is, that since the developer of the commbull mod stopped making it, there is nothing that is simple and reliable.

Nelson
Old 06 Jan 2013, 20:49

The author of this thread has a newsletter mod that works it was called microNewsletter it incorporates mailings lists and a whole host of stuff, pm him and ask
Please do not pm me for support unless i have invited you to!
Old 06 Jan 2013, 22:14

I don't want to hijack this thread so I will contact you about it privately if that is ok.

Nelson
Old 07 Jan 2013, 11:09

vBulletin.org hasn't been fun for years, i used to put a paid mod ad out and within a night id have 50 pms, now im lucky to get 5
Old 07 Jan 2013, 12:21

Originally Posted by silvermerc View Post
vBulletin.org hasn't been fun for years, i used to put a paid mod ad out and within a night id have 50 pms, now im lucky to get 5
Thats your definition of fun? getting paid?, for me fun is interacting and helping out fellow forum owners and if i can develop a mod that would benefit others then great
Please do not pm me for support unless i have invited you to!